FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Is Dofus pretty much still leeching?

By DemonSin March 08, 2015, 17:10:18

See above. Not looking to come back if it's still obscenely hard to level up after level 60 (In reference to other games). I don't have time to dedicate to the time cause of school and work, I can't drop a ton of time into it and I don't multibox so it would usually be something like a few hours a day by myself unless I can find a group but if level based content doesn't put out experience for people of THAT level within reason, I'm not going to worry about it.

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 3051

If you don't have time, Dofus and MMOs in general, are not the type of game for you.

0 0
Score : 117

Not the answer to my question. And there are MMOs that don't follow the psychological methodology that if you don't spend time on the game, you are losing out. Dofus is, or at least was, far from that. If you didn't leech, you would spend a lot of time leveling. Significantly more than any other game. I'm asking if that's still the case, is it still a grind fest, not for life advice.

0 0
Score : 27364

Dofus is far from what it once was, it has been making a slow transition to tactics and quests and things of that nature.

There is still grinding involved (like leveling), but many of the other things that were obtained by grinding (dofuses for example) are now quest-based. So you can try different areas of the game and get rewarded via achievements (which also give out a lot of boss materials - eliminating the need to grind to drop materials for gear as well) and things of that nature which make grinding less rewarding than it once was.

But no, the game you remember circa 2006 is a far cry from Dofus today.

0 0
Score : 25843

I'm a solo account. I never leech, in fact, I prefer to play by myself at my own pace (a soloist).

I only play casually, accumulate about 2-5 hours daily, usually do daily quest (dopples, various daily quest).

My first level 200 took me about 11 months. 1 to 199 took about 8 months and 199 to 200 took about 3 months (1.% daily).

0 0
Score : 2984

There's no need to level up at all. It's all down to numbers. When you're 200 it's not like anything drastically changes. There are bigger piwis, hairier gobbals, trickier mushrooms. Yet there are still things you can and you cannot do, just the line between them is a bit off to the side.

0 0
Score : 4361
Gunnerwolfang|2015-03-08 19:39:42
I'm a solo account. I never leech, in fact, I prefer to play by myself at my own pace (a soloist).

I only play casually, accumulate about 2-5 hours daily, usually do daily quest (dopples, various daily quest).

My first level 200 took me about 14 months. 1 to 199 took about 8 months and 199 to 200 took about 3 months (1.% daily).
This.

There are achievements and quests that give more xp how,it's easy.
Btw 60-100 is harder that 100-140.
0 0
Score : 6155
Gunnerwolfang|2015-03-08 19:39:42

My first level 200 took me about 14 months. 1 to 199 took about 8 months and 199 to 200 took about 3 months (1.% daily).
muahaha i laugh at your casual.

took me 6 years to get my main to 200 and I also never leeched. THATS casual lol tongue

anyhoo as to OP, yeah its pretty much just leeching, only worse than before. before the community was better and leechers could leech off other people. now its just multi accounters only ever leeching themselves and more and more and more alts. thats all frigost is used for these days. good luck ever finding a team past buck that would accept 'outsiders'.
Of course there are some people who try to keep the in game community alive. You just need to find the right guild. i'm currently leveling up a guild of my own right now, once ive got it to where i want it I intended to invite other people in and do runs and what not. won't be for a while though. out of 4 accounts I only sub 2 so the levelling is slow and steady. will be even slower once final fantasy type-0 comes out at the end of the month, then when kingdom hearts 3 comes out
0 0
Score : 3882

Leeching is only for those people who are impatient to get to the level they want and are not willing to put sufficient time to do it. Dofus was never a grind fest only the ideology that people have, "must be high level = belong to the cool crowd", this is BS. If you lack social skills, being level 200 still means being a loner. Level don't mean crap nowadays. Back in the old days, being level 200 itself is an achievement. It's all tactics, luck, teamplay, and basic knowledge of what you're doing.

No one can do everything.

Plenty of quests and new in-game achievement system offers lots of experience which is already discouraging enough to NOT leech. If you still need leech, you're impatient and as said if you don't have much time then this game is not for you.

Indeed there are people who only plays less than or equal to 2 hours per day, which is quite little time already for a game of this type. Make that per week and it's becoming a drag. Having plenty of time to play is the first step.

Oh yea! Try play Dofus 100% Solo. Single account. Zero interaction with other players. Couldn't get far. Can't have big ambitions. Costs lots of money both real and virtual. Interest/Motivation dies out fast.

Revil-Nunor|2015-03-08 18:35:09
(which also give out a lot of boss materials - eliminating the need to grind to drop materials for gear as well)
Oh and by the way, the materials that are given as rewards from Achievements from Dungeon Bosses, they don't exactly "eliminate" the need to grind for more resources, but they sure makes crafting whatever you're aiming for somewhat easier. If you're just aiming to craft a piece of a set, sure! If you want the whole set and the materials needed for each piece got some from the same dungeon, well buddy it's time to grind!

To sum it up, "Dofus is no longer a pure grinding game", but neither can you eliminate grinding 100% from your gameplay. Then again, what is a grind? tongue 
0 0
Score : 27364

Did you play Dofus back when it was newer? You didn't "quest" for stuff, you didn't have "achievements". You want a Dofus? Grind keys and then go grind the dungeon until you get it. You want gear? Keys and grind the dungeons, dropping mats bit by bit.

I also scoff at the notion you can't be "cool" if you aren't 200. If you subscribe to that theory, that is your own business, but plenty of people manage to become well known (for good or bad reasons) without ever getting to that level.

A year ago or so, a "solo" player on Rushu managed to gather the kamas by doing his own little business ventures to purchase a Vulbis Dofus. If you put your mind to it, you can succeed without knowing a lot of people - one decent guild with a couple good people is all you need. As you pointed out, Dofus isn't a game you can beat in a couple of weeks like a standard video game. I am working on a decade now, and I still have countless things I haven't yet accomplished.

Each set of achievements per boss gives you 4 main mats, and up to 40 of the regular mats. That is enough to make an awful lot of gear for one character. Again, the "back in the day" Dofus had nothing like this. You can get 10 Ougaads for next to nothing now, but there was a time when having 10 was an easy 30,000,000 kamas in your pocket due to their rarity. That was when you had to grind them - unless achievements don't help you get something, Dofus is no longer a pure grinding game.

0 0
Respond to this thread