Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

DOFUS Goals for 2015

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - April 23, 2015, 16:30:00
Announcements
Reactions 61
Score : 15704
ewan-ko|2015-04-25 00:42:35
The numbers are very inaccurate, how can "92,502" Crimson Dofuses be ontained if only 74,148 Captain Scarlights were defeated? Don't you need to defeat one per quest? Shouldn't be more than 92,502 Scarlights defeated because some are after the achievements?

I'm sure it includes Crimson Dofus that had dropped from Minotoror in the past, which leads the conclusion that 18,354 had been dropped from Minotoror before the quest revamp.
0 0
Score : 494
nabz4ayman|2015-04-25 00:44:33
Several people could do a run at a time. So if an 8man team doing the Crimson Dofus quest killed scarlight, that would mean 8 Dofuses but 1 Scarlight defeat
This. Nothing else.
0 0
Score : 1778
Izmar|2015-04-23 16:30:00
DOFUS’s rich content and complexity have led us to believe that 2015 should focus more on game mechanics than its already plentiful content.

Yes.
1 0
Score : 17

inter kolo... lovely... hopefully soon smile

1 0
Score : 253

Awesome, love it.

0 0

Thanks for your feedback, everyone! I've just completed a report summarizing your responses and sent it to the Dofus team. This doesn't mean that you should stop giving your opinion! Feel free to include any other thoughts you might want to, and I can update the report.

Here's to a great 2015. =)

Score : 1893

The thing I'm most excited of is the interface revamp. I really like dofus as it is, but interfaces are from last century. There are some very inconvenient control arrangements and some very clumsy workflow on lots of key features. I'm really looking forward to these improvements.

0 0
Score : 2

if there will be a turq dofus quest what gonna happen with soul stones of DP after update? DP wont no longer drop a turq from those soul stones?

0 0
Score : 27367

Right, just like Minotoror no longer drops a Crimson Dofus.

0 0
Score : 1292

Actually, now that you mention that Revil, you'll probably have to run DP as part of the Turq quests like you have to run Minotoror for the Crimson quests.

0 0

Undoubtedly, but he asked if it will drop the Dofus anymore, and the answer is no.

0 0
Score : -9

New game features are always welcome,I do wonder are u guys ever gona make the game full screen,you know,no black side borders?its 2015 already,tks.i hope u do it on the table version at least.

0 0

[Izmar] addressed that in her Frequently Made Suggestions thread in the Suggestion sub forum.

0 0
Score : 7686
DarkHadoo|2015-05-04 15:13:55
New game features are always welcome,I do wonder are u guys ever gona make the game full screen,you know,no black side borders?its 2015 already,tks.i hope u do it on the table version at least.

What does the year have to do with it?

Each map on Dofus is a single static image or fixed proportions. There are black areas there because there are no other parts of the image to put in those black areas.

And there can't be such images, because the parts that would go there are instead part of the rooms to the left and right.

The current year being 2015 doesn't change that simple fact.
0 0
Score : 13429

@Schmendrick

I think the year is somewhat relevant. "It's 2015 already" makes a pretty strong implied statement that Ankama isn't keeping up with the times, and while this may not have been directly stated, I would agree with the implication. How many monitor's have been made anytime recently (I'll call 5 years recent) for consumer use that have a 1:1 or even a 4:3 aspect ratio?

Even when the 2.0 client was being made and the maps were all redrawn this was already an issue and yet nothing was done about it. (And there were many viable ways to have done this)

We've been told the modules system would offer a way to fix this by allowing players to move UI features there, but when was the last time Ankama said anything about how that project has been going? (I'd honestly like to know this, I wasn't able to find anything official in English within the last 3 years other than a brief mention in the frequently made suggestions pinned thread)

0 0
Score : 888

Question of curiosity (and also pretty serious), about the tablet version of Dofus. Since everything will be reset (starting from level 1), will there be separate servers for the international and French players? Or will the player base be combined at the start?

0 0
Score : 7686
Nerd-Tease|2015-05-04 21:11:43
@Schmendrick

I think the year is somewhat relevant. "It's 2015 already" makes a pretty strong implied statement that Ankama isn't keeping up with the times, and while this may not have been directly stated, I would agree with the implication. How many monitor's have been made anytime recently (I'll call 5 years recent) for consumer use that have a 1:1 or even a 4:3 aspect ratio?

Even when the 2.0 client was being made and the maps were all redrawn this was already an issue and yet nothing was done about it. (And there were many viable ways to have done this)

We've been told the modules system would offer a way to fix this by allowing players to move UI features there, but when was the last time Ankama said anything about how that project has been going? (I'd honestly like to know this, I wasn't able to find anything official in English within the last 3 years other than a brief mention in the frequently made suggestions pinned thread)

It's not a matter of "keeping up with the times", it's how each room is designed. They'd have to literally redraw every single room in the entire game to fit whatever aspect ratio you think they "should" have, and then there'd still be black bars for every single person who doesn't use the exact same aspect ratio that you do.

So what do you suggest they do to remove the black bars for everyone, but not change the size of the room (since that's fixed) or distort them by stretching them to fill the screen (since that's what would happen if you simply changed the size of the existing images)?

So, again, the year does not matter. Until and unless everyone has the EXACT same screen size, they can't get rid of the black bars. It is literally not possible. (And I mean "literally" in the literal sense here)
0 0
Score : 13429

@Schmendrick

It's almost as if you didn't read anything past where I said Ankama was behind the times.

I understand how image scaling works, and have never said they should just stretch it. There are more elegant solutions.

Three possible solutions: Vector backgrounds with relative positioning of objects, rearrangeable/Resizeable UI (mentioned in what you quoted), Redrawn Backgrounds.The first two of these options would be fine for any aspect ratio, the last isn't a real viable solution as it only shifts the problem
The first comes with a benefit of if done a certain way, there would never be any bad treasure hunt clues.

There are probably many more viable solutions, these are just 3 off the top of my head, one of which Ankama had mentioned themselves a long time ago albeit with no stated time table or even whether or not it was a development priority.

Considering how long 16:9 has been the aspect ratio of most consumer monitors though, to continue to have something that only supports a square box is wasteful of screen space.

0 0

If I may, I'd like you to get back to the subject matter at hand, which is what we actually have planned for the near future.

Thank you.

Score : 1893

I Thought interface reworking was on schedule for 2015 (hence in topic).
I thinks I read about a nice possibility for IF rework somewhere in this forum, namely moving menus sideways and scaling up map images thus filling an almost 16:9 portion of the screen.
I guess ankama developers, by the way, know their way through it very well, let's have faith!

0 0
Respond to this thread