FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Improvements to the Professions System in 2.29

By [lichen] - ANKAMA - May 07, 2015, 16:30:00
Reactions 308
Score : 302

Since I've been playing wakfu instead of dofus for some time, this change mainly comes from there, in my opinion. I like this change, but i have an important question concerning my problem in dofus, that derived from having only 3 sports of profession availiable -

Will it be possible to transfer profession level runes between characters, so my main character can have all the professions at the level I have already leveled?

Also a problem which i encountered in the old version and for which i would like to get a compensation, if possible - in order to have all the professions on one account i was forced to BUY more character spots. Will this be changed? Or is there any way i can fix this? Because after the update, i no longer will need other profession characters on my account, and i will have BOUGHT the spaces for nothing now.

It would be nice if English-speaking community's opinions would be heard too, in order to make the game pleasing.

It would be nice if ecosystem system like in wakfu would be introduced into the game.

0 0
Score : 279
justapie|2015-05-08 23:52:18
Seablueaquamarine|2015-05-08 22:46:08
How exactly is making it easier for future generations to level up professions not okay? That's like saying everyone should go back to using typewriters because it's "not cool" that today's keyboards have a delete/backspace button.
Crafting 200 items can be done in like a couple of hours, most of which would just be scavenging my bank to see what I could make. I probably have 90% of the mats sitting in my bank to get every prof to 200 with this change. It's way too easy.

Obviously reality operates under different standards.

Also, making job runes trad-able is not a great idea. Yeah it sucks that there are accounts made for profs, I have them too, but if that is the case you could buy every prof at 200 without crafting a single item, which feels wrong. At the most only make them trade-able immediately after the update.
I completely agree with Seablue. You guys and myself know how much a pain it is to level all or most of the professions why not just be happy for future players or current new ones?
And justapie you said "reality oprates under different standards", well guess what this game is real game is it not? Real people play in it and real people use real money to pay for it ect.. But ok ill use a game standard. How about when fight challenges where introduced to the game back in 2008? People where not complaining that it was not fair since before challenges it took the first lvl 200, 3 years to get to that level and now you can do it in a month or less which challenges have alot to do with gaining xp real quick. Should they just remove it because it was unfair it used to take years to reach max lvl and now its only months? After the challenges where introduced and also the Star rating system on mobs the level 200 players that got lvl 200 before the challenges where introduced did not get any compensations for making it easyer to level and drop to future game players when they had to grind even more than now . I know there are other factors that make you lvl faster but just those two alone make a huge diffrence.
BTW this is the first 200 he became legendary and even got a special weapon just for him and a statue biggrin
The Vid
Click here

And Eoxx your first question has been answered multiple times already, you should go back and look for it, it even says it in the update info on the first page...
4 0
Score : 2025

Since no tools will be after update needed, does that mean that maged weapons with hunting rune wont do anything?Hunters will hunt wit hany weapon even if it doesnt have "hunting weapon" engraved on it ?

0 0
Score : 7681

Hunting weapons will still be required for the Hunter job. It says so right in the first post.

lichen|2015-05-07 16:30:00
Tools for professions will be removed in 2.29, as they will no longer be needed. Now that players can use one character for all professions, they would likely have to change tools all the time, which would be too constrictive. Therefore, we’ve made it possible to activate a profession simply by clicking on a resource or a workshop.

However, hunting weapons will still need to be equipped during a fight in order to acquire meat.
(Emphasis mine)
0 0

Is there any information about which professions exactly will be combined into one profession? If no certain info is available yet, when will it be available?

Another question - if I have two characters with the same profession and both of them wont have the profession maxed out, will i get 2 professions with the corresponding level or one profession with a combined level?

0 0
Score : 492

If you read the original post you will have all those questions answered.

0 0

And another question - what will happen when I have lvl 100 prof., but at the day of update i am not subscribed. Will i get rune for lvl 200 or rune for lvl60 prof? This time, please, answer here, and PLEASE, do not shout at me... For my previous posts - when i originally read the post, some of my questions couldn't be answered by the info there - the info was later updated with some essential details... or it is possible that my reading skills failed me xD still, it is important to know, should i stay subscribed till the update comes or i can subscribe later after the update and still get lvl200 prof.

0 0
Score : 27383

If you have a level 100 profession at the time of the update, you will be given a rune for that same profession at level 200 after the update. Being subscribed or not will not matter, it may only show as level 60 when you are not subscribed, but once you are subscribed again it will show up at level 200.

0 0

Thank you.

Will level 50 fisherman and level 50 fishmonger give a total lvl.200 of the new fisherman after the update?

0 0
Score : 27383

It seems it will (but as the beta isn't out for it to be tested, it shouldn't be taken for granted as things can always change), as both are being converted into one profession and the Devblog states:

They will receive one rune per profession, which will contain the level of the initial profession +1 and multiplied by 2 (in order to match the new profession cap in 2.29). For example, if in 2.28 you had a level 90 Alchemist profession, in 2.29 you’ll receive an Alchemist rune of level 182.

When the rune is used, it will assign to the profession the total amount of experience matching the profession level recorded on the rune. Therefore, it will be possible to use one level X Blacksmith rune and one level Y Blacksmith rune on the same character in order to credit your Blacksmith profession with the cumulative experience of both X and Y.
0 0
Score : 25917
Eoxxx|2015-05-16 23:40:03
Will level 50 fisherman and level 50 fishmonger give a total lvl.200 of the new fisherman after the update?
It will probably not give you the exp to get to level 200. you will get 2 runes with exp equal to level 100 each. The exp to get from 100-200 is greater than the exp to get from 1-100.
1 0

Gunnerwolfang is in the right in this particular case, or right enough.

The runes will contain XP for a level 102 Fisherman, not the actual 102 levels. Adding them will not get you to level 200, because of experience softcaps. However, as these softcaps are yet unknown, you'll have to try it out in Beta to find out what level you'll eventually be.

Score : 21

People who leveled all smith professions before the update got 5times for kamas than people with only 1 smith (if they used the profession the right way). So it is fair for everyone.

1 0
Score : -10

What about the people who leveled it recently and it didn't pay off yet? or people who had the profession but couldn't make much kamas with it due to various reasons? No one know how much kamas did they make and besides, it only makes sense to get paid when you do your job.
Your point isn't exactly right, and people who worked harder should get a reward.

My suggestion is to add lvl 201 and 202 . Those could only be given to players who had 2 of same kind ( lvl 201) or 3 of same kind ( lvl 202).
I'd work like this:

Lvl 201 profession would add +1 to each stats of the crafted item, not exceeding items max stats. would be given to players with 2x level 100 smiths or 2x level 100 carvers .
Lvl 202 profession would add +2 to each stats of the crafted item, not exceeding items max stats. would be given to players with 3x level 100 smiths or 3x level 100 carvers .

How does that make sense? old players who worked hard would have a slight compensation meanwhile new players , that couldnt get their professions to level 201 or 202 wouldn't lose anything, as the profession still stays the same for them.

It wouldn't work for fisherman+fishmonger or Hunter+butcher, because they are basically the same as fisherman produced mat are needed for fishmonger , same with hunter.

This would't hurt nobody and old players would be compensated. Of course its only a suggestion, i really hope it works out somehow, without ignoring that small percentage of people who invested their time into professions before update. They probably would't have done so, if they knew such update is coming

0 -1
Score : 1257

@demdaco this idea seems like it could work except for one thing; maging would render this completely irrelevant.

0 0
Score : 1873
*cough* make *cough* runes *cough* tradable
1 0
Score : 21

@demdaco i really don't like your idea. If people haven't earned enough money with 5 profession, but someone who has only 1 profession has earned the same money as the one with 5 professions, then he made a mistake. It doesn't matter if you have all the professions, it is about how much money you have earned and if you used the professions ritgh way you can win more than you think. So your idea isn't good in my opinion. Still i really hate that the runes aren't exchangable. I will have 2 professions on 2 different accounts and even 1 of them won't be lv200. But if i combine them, i will have enough exp to reach lv200. That's what i don't like in this update. Everything exept that is perfect and definitely is big improvement.

0 0

You can't have 5 proffessions in 1 character only 3.That means only 3 proffession are shown to prof books for this character.So the account loses money from the other 2 lvl 10 0proffessions who are on the character(s) which are not online.So yes those who have 5 proffessions can easily make more money from those with 1, but not necessarily.Example: My cra account only lvl 100 shieldsmith, never leaves trophy workshop.My feca account has almost all dofus proffessions.Cra makes around 1M per day, feca account makes like 100-200kk per day.
Anyway what I really wanted to ask
Make the update tommorrow ok? I really like it having all proffessions in 1 character , it means I dont have to log over 5 people ^^ok bye bye thanks. 

0 0
Score : -10
xxReaperxxxxx|2015-05-18 01:24:00
@demdaco this idea seems like it could work except for one thing; maging would render this completely irrelevant.
Well that is true smile Maging should have different bonus , as adding 1% or 2 % to success rate would take exo maging to an entirely different level for such people. was only a suggestion tho smile
Ankama doesn't seem to like the tradable rune idea very much so im looking for some other ways out biggrin Better safe than sorry.

The main reason why people with multiple professions would be at disadvantage is due to TIME investment required to level all those professions. Kama aren't really relevant as you can make the same amount of Kama using one profession as using multiple. It all depends on servers economy , your own persuasion skills and much more.

Here's an example: You need mats to craft anything , right? so whichever profession you have, you need to invest Kama to buy those mats, and then craft something. the more expensive mats , the more expensive item. its all proportional. So it doesn't matter how many professions you have, you still need to invest and then get paid (or not). The key factor which really makes difference is time. It takes much less time to level one profession , than 5, its obvious.

So the amount of Kama you make is also irrelevant because main motivation to level professions is profit. You invest time and Kama to level it, you should get paid. the current suggestion to merge professions means that people who invested much less are going to get the same result. You can get you Kama back but not your time smile that's my point

As for tradable rune, i couldn't agree more, it really should be tradable smile 
0 0

demdaco put it right, you will never get the time back.Have in mind that some players like myself leveled proffessions when dofus was beta or version 1.Back then there were no bots, no markets, no high lvls, not many recipies, not mass craft buttons, no repeat buttons.Everything was by hand.Hunt the mats or ask friends, put recipies one by one by hand , click combine, put again, click combine, repeat.Why some noob that just subs 1 motnh ago, lvl a job to 100 in a week?It took my so much time, so much effort, so many kamas and so much physical pain.I dont suggest that he shouldn't be able to.But seeing that he accomplishes in a week what it took me over 10 years with less, (which is completely not my fault-develepors decisions make enable it), it's not exactly alright.I have no problem someone getting free 4-5 proffessions.Just award those who have supported the game and were commited for so long time with some real payback.

I dont think new players think about what ment the lack of repeat button and mass craft buttons on older versions.Lets say you wanted to make 100 recall potions.You went to workshop, put 1 water, put 1 leaf clover, press combine.One done.Put 1 water, put 1 leaf clover press combine.Two done.No do the same untill you make 100 potions.Now do the same untill your proffession is lvl 100.Instead,now , put recources, click 100 on box, click combine, done!!

0 -1