FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Improvements to the Professions System in 2.29

By [lichen] - ANKAMA - May 07, 2015, 16:30:00
Reactions 308
Score : 27385

He wants to know if he will have to raise a profession he already has on an alt to be able to do the quest (if I am reading it right), or if having level 200 professions on one character will be enough for alts on the account to still do the quest without potentially leveling a second copy of the profession on the account just for the quest.

If my Osa has a level 200 Shieldsmith, and I want to do that quest on a new Sram I just made, do I have to get another profession to level 50 on that Sram to finish the quest, or will the 200 Shieldsmith on the Osa suffice?

0 0

Well, the character doing the quest needs to have a profession, not the account.

So yeah, OK, now I get it.

Yes, even if you have all professions at level 200 on a character, quests that require a profession at a given level will still need those on the characters doing said quests. So you'll have to level up a profession twice, once on the main and once on the alt doing the quest, for that.

So in your example, your Sram would need a level 100 profession (since profession levels are doubled).

Score : 2264

I'm having trouble understanding but, if I have Lv 100 Dagger Smith with the old system, will that make me a Lv 200 Blacksmith overall? I'm guessing it does but just wanted confirmation.

0 0
Score : 27385

It will.

0 0

Consider yourself confirmed, then.

Yes, you'll become a level 200 Blacksmith overall. Congratulations.

Score : 2537

I just don't like how 'cross ingredient' recipes are justified, it was the same justification used to limit characters to 3 profs, and that didn't really work out. With the update it will be even easier to be self-sufficient, and I won't even have to feel too lazy to switch between characters for professions. .. Also, I leveled two smiths/magus on my Masq, and he'll get as much as someone with only one. :/ It would be great that in the case you got more than one profession 'token' of the same level(eg. two level 200 smith tokens in this case) then the second, and Only the second, would be exchangeable, or replaced with some other compensation. :< Or perhaps give the option to convert the second profession token-because for me at least, I wouldn't be interested in having the profession on another character on the same account, it would be a complete waste for me.

0 0
Score : 2

will free to play people be able to get level 200 or will they be stuck at 30 still?

0 0

I'm guessing it's doubled so they can go up to 60 now? Otherwise that would be completely unfair, losing 30 levels for no reason.

0 0

With the new levels, F2P players will be able to use professions up to level 60.

Score : 507

Wait so if a player is leveled to 100 in swordsmith now, after this update he will be 200 in all the blacksmith professions (dagger,hammer, etc)?

Also with the removal of buyable resource mats hunter/butcher just got a lot more time consuming.

0 0
Ounce|2015-05-07 19:52:27
Wait so if a player is leveled to 100 in swordsmith now, after this update he will be 200 in all the blacksmith professions (dagger,hammer, etc)?

Yes and no. There will only be one Blacksmith Profession, regrouping all the five old ones. But he will be level 200 in that one.
Score : 599

From what i read , this system is an exact copy of the one from Wakfu, which is good, does it mean that we will get harvesting % bonus gear too? Like that ring that gives 50% more harvests in Wakfu.

0 0
Score : 1692

The only thing is that gaining an entire level for crafting one item of your level is incredibly easy... 200 crafts is nothing.

0 0

Also: What if i have a butcher lvl 60 and a hunter lvl 60 , since they fuse into one profession will i be close to 200 in the new system?

0 0

You will get two level 122 runes. That will indeed make you closer to being level 200, but we can't say how close now, because the experience softcaps are still unknown.

Haha , then i'm gonna grind my butcher to 80 to be sure, thx ^^, what about the bonus harvest items, or will there be such a low amount of harvested resources? Like from 1-3 in Wakfu? Getting high amounts would take ages without replanting ..

0 0
Score : 1027

I like most of the changes. A couple concerns:

1. Did I miss Handyman? Where do Keys and DIY crafts go?

2. The Professions remain on the account, I presume each toon will hold a "scroll" of their old job? Or is it like a present when you log in? Level a Job on Heroic for 3x XP then transfer?

3. Why does hunter STILL have to use a tool? I would remove Hunt Tools and Hunt Runes altogether...

4. I recently lost a lv80 Hunter / Butcher on Heroic, usually that hidden info is retained, giving me 6x XP to relevel that Job. If my toon is lv1 Hunter under the new system, will it "remember" I have 6x XP because of an old lost lv80? Or will it think I have lost a lv200 Hunter? (Lv80 = 160, Hunter + Butcher = 200ish)

5. When is this being implemented?

Help?

0 0

@Up
5. 2.29 update in July

0 0

3. Because you're not exactly going to hunt and butcher a Sinistro with this

0 0

@Covex

1. You did not miss anything. Handyman stays the same, so it's not in the list of fused Professions.

2. A rune, to be precise. And no, no inter-server passing along. As you put it, it would be easy to abuse the Heroic and Epic servers otherwise.

3. Sorry about that.

4. I really can't say. I'll have to ask around.

5. Actually, not to contradict jeteemluzak, but we're trying to push for June.