FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Improvements to the Professions System in 2.29

By [lichen] - ANKAMA - May 07, 2015, 16:30:00
Reactions 308
Score : 27371
They will receive one rune per profession, which will contain the level of the initial profession +1 and multiplied by 2 (in order to match the new profession cap in 2.29). For example, if in 2.28 you had a level 90 Alchemist profession, in 2.29 you’ll receive an Alchemist rune of level 182.
0 0

Update 2.29 is planned for June.

Since your Fisherman is level 100 already, when the professions fuse you'll become level 200. You'll also get, from your Fishmonger profession, a level 142 rune to be used on another character from the same account on the same server.

Score : 6919
pancoexx|2015-05-07 22:12:21
If my fisherman profession is lvl 100 but my fishmonger profession is lvl 70, what happens when the professions fuse? Does that make me lvl 170 or 200?

You will get a level 200 rune, and a level 142 rune if I read everything correctly.
0 0
Score : 3

2.28 - So right now, if you want to get any crafting profession to 100, you essentially pick one 2-slot, and then one or two 3/4-slot recipes (for the most part), almost always containing easy to obtain mats like wood and ores. Keep in mind that we do this because it is by far the easiest way to get to level 100.

2.29 - After the update, they are implying that it will no longer be efficient to use this method, and rather to obtain mats that are "close to your level". Lets say you are level 150 in a crafting profession. This would mean that you should be looking for mats that make items of level 150. This would also mean that the mats are dropped by mobs that are around level 150. I think it is safe to say that not only does this put a majority of low level players at a HUGE disadvantage to try levelling all the way to 200, but it also means it will take longer to obtain those mats (harder mobs = longer fights). So unless there are new mid to high level items that require easy to obtain materials like wood and ores, profession levelling will become much slower, even with that 'similar level bonus'.

Again, correct me if I am wrong as this is just my opinion and I am no expert.

0 0
Score : 6919

You are forgetting where he said something about crafting 1 item of your level, gets you a level.

I think . . . .

0 0

If you craft an item that is the same level as your profession it gives you a full level for crafting it. So 200 items could get you 200 levels.

0 0
Score : 6694

I read the first sentence, "There will no longer be any limit to the number of professions for a single character," and I was overjoyed. Now they just need to add a cookie recipe so I can share cookies in celebration of this update!

I have 8 level 100 hunters among 8 different accounts, and I use them to gather meat in bulk. Will hunters still need prospecting in order to drop meat from mobs, will prospecting affect the drop rate of these new resource bags, and will hunters still individually obtain meat from mobs regardless of the presence of other hunters in the fight?

0 0
Score : 1859

Soooo basically I'll be able to take all my level 100 professions right now. And drop them (runes?) on one character getting level 200 professions on said character?

0 0
Score : 3

So if I have two level 100 smith and smith magus professions I can only use the profession runes towards my other characters on the same account? Isn't that kind of pointless, especially with crafters? Also, will there be an adjustment to shield smith profession experience as it seems that under this new system almost all shields will produce very little professional experience due to all being level 1. Not to mention the wall you will hit after shield smith level 150.

0 0
Score : 519

I got a question and I would like a response will f2p have limits when it comes to lvling up their jobs?

0 0
Score : 1257
bananamonkey|2015-05-08 01:08:22
Soooo basically I'll be able to take all my level 100 professions right now. And drop them (runes?) on one character getting level 200 professions on said character?
yes, that's correct.

@heavon-sword
Yes, f2p players will have their professions cap at level 60 instead of at level 30 due to the scaling up of the levels of the professions.
0 0
Score : 119
heavon-sword|2015-05-08 01:48:39
I got a question and I would like a response will f2p have limits when it comes to lvling up their jobs?

They will be limited to 60.
0 0
Score : 20

What about being a former p2p, professions were above 30, went f2p again and will be when the update occurs. Will I get a level 60 rune or my actual level (can't remember what it is, around 60 so level 120 something rune)? If it's the latter, I assume I can use it but as f2p would still show up as level 60 (like how it works now).

0 0

They didn't mention being f2p affecting it, so I expect it will be the option where you get the rune that corresponds to the true account profession level, then you will be hit with the level 60 cap as long as you are not a subscriber.

0 0
Score : 4

Will the ingredients from Grocery Shop (Onion, water, cherry etc.) be saved? Could i buy a lot of these things before update and will they be useful after update?

0 0
Score : 25914

I'd hate to be the one who level all 5 smith profession now that we only have to level 1 to get all 5.

0 0

Yeah I'm levelling Daggersmith to 100 before the update for this reason

0 0
TataFifi|2015-05-08 03:17:49
Will the ingredients from Grocery Shop (Onion, water, cherry etc.) be saved? Could i buy a lot of these things before update and will they be useful after update?
If they didn't say they wouldn't, then it would be safe to assume they will be.

It also wouldn't shock me if the recipes were tweaked so that buying all that stuff in bulk may not be as useful as you thought it would be.
0 0
Score : 37

I have an account that has 3 characters but a combined 5 mage professions all at level 100. If I understand correctly, I will get a rune for each such mage profession, making 5 runes for this account. But I can only use 3 of the runes (one per character) unless I decide to add more characters to the account. I already have 4 accounts with a total of 12 characters, so I am not exactly in the mood to create more characters. On some of my other accounts I have no mages. It would be nice, of course, if I could hand off the 2 unused mage runes to one of my other accounts, but I read that that cannot be done. Somehow I feel as if I am being shortchanged for all my effort in the past to level all my professions.

0 0

Which mage professions do you currently have?

0 0