FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Improvements to the Professions System in 2.29

By [lichen] - ANKAMA - May 07, 2015, 16:30:00
Reactions 308
Score : 551

I like it , but like you said about the Referencing system, well I used it, so I wanted all my characters to be online so people could see me, that's why I didn't used same account characters, well some of jobs will stay stuck on another accounts since it's not possible to trade, which doesn't make any sense, this is a one time thing, nobody will have profession runes again, so skip it ankama please, if people sell it still fine, it's a one time thing, won't change the game at all, put any restriction you want but account binding doesn't work in any situation, it's overrated, months restriction, nick restriction anything but not account bind, please at least think about this!
Many people will have to start all over again to access full pods and possible future achievements, not fair.

what about pets with pods bonuses, since we'll have more pods 1000 will not worth anything right?

0 0
Score : 1048

Does this mean we'll have to drop water from mobs to make bread for example? Or will you make wells in Dofus like Wakfu that you can gather water from in bulk?

0 0
Score : 15635

Great change! I'm really glad that Ankama is patching up all these outdated systems in Dofus and finally modernizing them smile 

0 0
Score : 1050

This profession update is nice for a broken system, but I can't there aren't people like myself who want to see powerful and unique items dropped by monsters. In fact, I can't think of one reasonable explanation why you can't/shouldn't be able to drop something other than resources from dungeon bosses. Thats the stable for most successful RPGs. I feel no incentive to spam dungeons for resources unlike I would for a sweet piece of equipment. In fact, that sole reason is why I never feel compelled to subscribe for more than a week, every few months. Again great update for what it is, but imo the problem with the system had much more to do with NEEDING to craft every piece of gear, with the mystique of boss rewards nonexistent.

0 0
Score : 4555

Awesome! I'm really happy about this update! happy 

0 0
Score : 138

Will the taking out of NPCs selling ingredients apply to the Frigost 3 NPC as well?

If so that will suck. A lot of people such as myself do not have the man power to hunt drops in high level dungeons such as Count, but at least I was able to buy the resources I could not drop with my ice kamas. If this update will take away ALL the NPCs that sell ingredients this mean that those people with multi zillionair accounts will get rich even more, now that everyone won't have a chance to buy high level ingredients without hunting it themselves.

0 0
Score : 27

i got a question just to confirm if i have lvl 50 hammer smith and lvl 50 sword smith i get 2 lvl 100 blacksmith xp runes and then i can get lvl 200 blacksmith ?

0 0

I agree with ZeusOTC. Where's the excitement of dropping something really cool from a boss gone? Resources just don't give that immediate satisfaction factor. I hope you reconsider the possibility of dropping equips even if the drop rates become lower just to keep the excitement factor.

0 0
Score : 2331
-Loving-Panda|2015-05-08 07:51:14
i got a question just to confirm if i have lvl 50 hammer smith and lvl 50 sword smith i get 2 lvl 100 blacksmith xp runes and then i can get lvl 200 blacksmith ?
No, you will get 2 runes that each have the XP necessary to get from level 1 Blacksmith to level 102 Blacksmith.

To put it in perspective with the current profession XP curve, getting level 50 currently requires 62,491 XP. Doubling that (from two runes) would leave you at 124,982, which is a hair under 65. The XP curve might be reevaluated with the changes, but a conservative estimate would put you at ~130 Blacksmith, nowhere near 200.
0 0
Score : 35

If someone is interested in a Fisherman 100, just go an lvl a monger to 100. It will take you 2 hours and a couple MKs. By the time new update kicks in you ll have a Fish-whatever ready. Guess same goes for butcher/hunter.

0 0
Score : 6381

I very much like this update.
And I think this is one of the first changelogs which gets close to none/nada/zero negative comments biggrin

Very good job Ankama!!

~Aura

1 0
Score : 3

So what about f2p players? will they have a set level still?

0 0

Yep, (this has been answered several times) Lvl 60.

0 0
Score : 148

This update is very interesting and I'm excited about most changes.
I do have some bitterness because I've already leveled every profession. My weapon crafting and maging professions will be reduced from 18 different trades, leveled one at a time...to only 4. I will be left with many duplicate profession runes. Please consider adding an NPC that accepts these runes as currency for some vanity items or something along that line. I'd be really happy wearing a livi-type item or a unique crafter's pet, emote etc. Keeping my fingers crossed.

0 0
Score : 37

In answer to xxReaperxxxxx, 08 May 2015 03:45 "Which made professions do you currently have?", I have axe, hammer, jeweler, shoe, and shovel mages on this account. I have the other mage professions on my other accounts.

miksha, I have the same problem as you more or less. I have 4 accounts with 12 characters in total and in the aggregate they know all the professions at level 100. It took a LOT of effort to get to this point. Ending up with some duplicate profession runes that can't be shared among my accounts would feel like a slap in the face. I remember the days when I saved and saved to get a storm cloud staff, which I soon thereafter could no longer use because of game changes. I remember the same about the celestial bearbarian set only to have a whole slew of new sets make mine feel like rags.

0 0
Score : 2025

Does this update mean that if I have a lvl 100 swordsmith and lvl 100 swordsmithmagus , after I will be lvl 200 in all smith professions which will actually be 1 global smith prof. ?

0 0
Score : 7681

It pretty explicitly explains that in the first post. You'll have a level 200 Smith (which will be able to smith axes, swords, daggers, hammers, and shovels) and and a level 200 Smithmagus (which will be able to mage axes, swords, daggers, hammers, and shovels).

0 0
Score : 662

Will it be possible to merge professions from different characters onto 1? example: a person created 2 characters with professions, one with hunter, butcher lvl 100 and another with farmer/baker 100, but they want to merge it onto the hunter/butcher so they have 100 hunter/butcher/farmer/baker and the other character has their profs lvl 0?

0 0
Score : 27400

If they are on the same account, yes.

0 0

And the same server.