FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Improvements to the Professions System in 2.29

By [lichen] - ANKAMA - May 07, 2015, 16:30:00
Reactions 308
Score : 799
fly-in-my-soup|2015-05-08 13:43:35
In answer to xxReaperxxxxx, 08 May 2015 03:45 "Which made professions do you currently have?", I have axe, hammer, jeweler, shoe, and shovel mages on this account. I have the other mage professions on my other accounts.

miksha, I have the same problem as you more or less. I have 4 accounts with 12 characters in total and in the aggregate they know all the professions at level 100. It took a LOT of effort to get to this point. Ending up with some duplicate profession runes that can't be shared among my accounts would feel like a slap in the face. I remember the days when I saved and saved to get a storm cloud staff, which I soon thereafter could no longer use because of game changes. I remember the same about the celestial bearbarian set only to have a whole slew of new sets make mine feel like rags.
Pods. Trust me I know how you feel but the extra runes can be used to get other characters on the same account/server some pods at least.
0 0
Score : 2022
Schmendrick|2015-05-08 15:43:32
It pretty explicitly explains that in the first post. You'll have a level 200 Smith (which will be able to smith axes, swords, daggers, hammers, and shovels) and and a level 200 Smithmagus (which will be able to mage axes, swords, daggers, hammers, and shovels).
Thats what I wanted to know.But if that's the case, then its really a very heavy punishment for those who have more than 1 prof. leveled..It feels even more heavy, when it comes to other proffessions like tailor, jeweller etc.I have all proffessions, exept some smiths, to lvl 100.Most of them are 100, since you had to put recources for 1.000 cloacks 1by1 by hand.So first you "invent" repeat button and mass craft, which was a punisment for those who lvled before and to my carpal syndrome.And now someone who has just 1 lvl100 proffession, suddently has all.Do you understand how much money, time , and physical pain I put in raising tailor(jew.,shoemaker) to lvl 100 at dofus v1.0? Honestly not cool.
0 0
Score : 1112

How exactly is making it easier for future generations to level up professions not okay? That's like saying everyone should go back to using typewriters because it's "not cool" that today's keyboards have a delete/backspace button.

Personally I think this is a great idea. I've been avoiding gathering resources to level up my shoemaker and hammersmith, this might be the motivation I need.

7 0
Score : 6685
fly-in-my-soup|2015-05-08 13:43:35
In answer to xxReaperxxxxx, 08 May 2015 03:45 "Which made professions do you currently have?", I have axe, hammer, jeweler, shoe, and shovel mages on this account. I have the other mage professions on my other accounts.

miksha, I have the same problem as you more or less. I have 4 accounts with 12 characters in total and in the aggregate they know all the professions at level 100. It took a LOT of effort to get to this point. Ending up with some duplicate profession runes that can't be shared among my accounts would feel like a slap in the face. I remember the days when I saved and saved to get a storm cloud staff, which I soon thereafter could no longer use because of game changes. I remember the same about the celestial bearbarian set only to have a whole slew of new sets make mine feel like rags.
I feel your pain.

In fact, I took the cheap way out several years ago. I used to have two accounts: one for my profession characters, and one for my main character. I did this so that I could separate all the profession materials from the rest of my items, and so that I could fight with my main account while cutting wood or fishing on my second account. Then, I realized that I had to maintain the subscriptions for two accounts, so I made new characters all on my main character's account and restarted the professions with these new characters.

Now, I will have about 1/15th of my characters used anymore, which means I could really just delete a whole handful of characters from my accounts -- after I had already spent the money to be able to add additional characters to my main account so that I could have every profession.

This update is great, but only when looking forward, not when looking backward. It has been said that redoing professions from level 1 will be much easier than redoing professions currently is. Also, your xp bonus is based upon the new leveling rather than the current leveling, so that the greater effort you invested in professions already will be recognized equivalently. However, even though it will be recognized, you will be given more recognition than you can use -- more xp runes than you can use. So you will just need to keep the extra accounts and the extra runes for new characters on your accounts, or start over with profession fields you have not done on your main account.

This update is generous and logical. I see no need for changes.
0 0
Score : 1870
IdwellinMoria|2015-05-08 19:10:13
Schmendrick|2015-05-08 15:43:32
It pretty explicitly explains that in the first post. You'll have a level 200 Smith (which will be able to smith axes, swords, daggers, hammers, and shovels) and and a level 200 Smithmagus (which will be able to mage axes, swords, daggers, hammers, and shovels).
Thats what I wanted to know.But if that's the case, then its really a very heavy punishment for those who have more than 1 prof. leveled..It feels even more heavy, when it comes to other proffessions like tailor, jeweller etc.I have all proffessions, exept some smiths, to lvl 100.Most of them are 100, since you had to put recources for 1.000 cloacks 1by1 by hand.So first you "invent" repeat button and mass craft, which was a punisment for those who lvled before and to my carpal syndrome.And now someone who has just 1 lvl100 proffession, suddently has all.Do you understand how much money, time , and physical pain I put in raising tailor(jew.,shoemaker) to lvl 100 at dofus v1.0? Honestly not cool.
Ankama, make the job runes tradable, you'll achieve 2 goals:

1) Compensation for those who leveled more than 1 job from those that you joined together
2) Enable those who have more than 1 account to transfer all their jobs to 1 account, so that they can offload their mule accounts

It will just last for a short time during the transition, and it will enable you to sell job runes on the organs shop in the future wink 
0 0
Score : 1692
Seablueaquamarine|2015-05-08 22:46:08
How exactly is making it easier for future generations to level up professions not okay? That's like saying everyone should go back to using typewriters because it's "not cool" that today's keyboards have a delete/backspace button.
Crafting 200 items can be done in like a couple of hours, most of which would just be scavenging my bank to see what I could make. I probably have 90% of the mats sitting in my bank to get every prof to 200 with this change. It's way too easy.

Obviously reality operates under different standards.

Also, making job runes trad-able is not a great idea. Yeah it sucks that there are accounts made for profs, I have them too, but if that is the case you could buy every prof at 200 without crafting a single item, which feels wrong. At the most only make them trade-able immediately after the update.
0 -4
Score : 248

1) Are there going to be any changes to Miner and Lumberjack?

2a) Let's say I'm someone working on multiple profs right now on the same character that are going to be grouped together. Will the experience of these be grouped together under one rune or will they be separated into multiple runes?

2b) If they are combined into one rune what happens with the leftover exp?
EX: lvl 160 worth of exp hammer smith + lvl 144 exp worth of exp dagger smith = (lets say) lvl 250 worth of exp. So does this give a lvl 200 rune and a lvl 50 rune or just a lvl 200 rune?

3) If I have two runes that together equal over the lvl 200 cap, do I retain what is left of from the second rune used or does the rune go away all together?
Ex: Starts out at lvl 160 blacksmith, then use a rune worth 100 blacksmith exp. Does this use it all completely or does it just use what is needed and then leave what is leftover to be used on another character?

0 0
Score : 40

It seems like it may have been alluded to in the update, but will fisherman gather rates be brought in line with the other professions? Or will we be stuck at the same 1 fish per gather?

0 0
Score : 47

One good update after a string of terrible updates...

0 0
Score : 2

Yay now I can forget farmer for a profession I haven't tried yet and still have a maxed baker/farmer runes. I'm loving this update more and more

0 0
Score : 516

I'm LOVING this patch. Allows me to have every proff one one chara which i've always dreamt of. Wondering what the new achievements will be like in the future smile

0 -1
Score : 17

I like it, If it means I don't have to craft as many things that are useless and I just end up selling to an npc.

What about the possibility of getting better stats for a craft when you are a higher level? For example, the "mental ring" is lvl 14 and gives you 11 - 20 intelligence. Maybe if you are a very high level jeweler you should have a better chance of crafting a ring with nearer 20 intelligence than 11. Or maybe that clashes with mageing

1 0
Score : 37

I might have missed it somewhere but is there an ETA for this patch?

0 0
Score : 6375

One question, and I hope I didn't just read over it somewhere ..., will we be able to gather all resources from lvl 1 or will the levels to unlock a new ore/tree/... be multiplied aswell ?

Ãura

0 0
Score : 27

If i have dagger smith lvl 100 in 2.28 it will convert to a 200 blacksmith wil i then get 9950(5 proffessions 200) extra pods or will i get 2388 extra pods ?

0 0
Score : 10
bolleke|2015-05-09 14:31:44
One question, and I hope I didn't just read over it somewhere ..., will we be able to gather all resources from lvl 1 or will the levels to unlock a new ore/tree/... be multiplied aswell ?

Ãura

This would make a guy with a prof lvl 1 compete with a lvl 200, so obviously, there will be lvls to gather resources.
0 0
Score : 3

@Nerodos: Can the profession xp rune be transferred to other characters?

0 0
Score : 3887

I read 5 pages of comments and cannot be bothered anymore, so I'm not sure if this has been asked already but... Are the runes going to be a one-time-use only? Or professions will be like equippable by turning the runes on or off on whichever character that holds them in the inventory?

One time use only would mean having to think hard which profession to have on which character before confirming. Like fisherman which depends a lot on luck and prospecting, it be wiser to learn it on a Enu than a Iop if you got both classes.

Checklist for TO-DO's PRE-2.29 tongue:
- Buy one centillion of all NPC sold resources and stock up.
- Rush to speed level as many professions as high as affordable before 2.29 making leveling on mass-crafting low level items gain less experience.

0 0
Score : 27367
TheReigns|2015-05-09 14:27:02
I might have missed it somewhere but is there an ETA for this patch?
They are aiming for June.

Hongli|2015-05-09 16:32:20
@Nerodos: Can the profession xp rune be transferred to other characters?
Only characters on the same account.
0 0
Score : 900
lichen|2015-05-07 16:30:00
Rolling over to the new system

When the rune is used, it will assign to the profession the total amount of experience matching the profession level recorded on the rune. Therefore, it will be possible to use one level X Blacksmith rune and one level Y Blacksmith rune on the same character in order to credit your Blacksmith profession with the cumulative experience of both X and Y.

Reading the post made me think that you could add your Hunter and Butcher OR Fisher and Fishermonger levels together and that would be your new level in 2.29 but its not that simple. If you read it carefully it does say that your new Hunter or Farmer Profession in 2.29 will get credited with the cumulative "experience" and not necessarily the "levels" of the runes you have. Guess you can blame it on my comprehension skills tongue
Nerodos|2015-05-07 20:06:52
You will get two level 122 runes. That will indeed make you closer to being level 200, but we can't say how close now, because the experience softcaps are still unknown.

and i guess this ^ semi-confirms that even adding a lvl 80 in both Hunter and Butcher rune from 2.28 won't automatically make you level 200 Hunter in 2.29.

~

Also, i'm about to delete my lvl 100 Baker, and keep my lvl 100 Fisherman and lvl 100 Farmer instead, so i can make room for a new profession which is going to be Hunter. I don't need 2 lvl 200 Farmer professions on my account by the time 2.29 comes out. Hopefully, they don't change this whole update and require me to at least have a certain level of Baker in 2.28 to get lvl 200 Farmer in 2.29..
0 0