FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Improvements to the Professions System in 2.29

By [lichen] - ANKAMA - May 07, 2015, 16:30:00
Reactions 308
Score : 6919
Gunnerwolfang|2015-05-12 17:58:01
Too much work for support to validate each claim just to give multi-accounters an option to instantly have simultaneous profession on various accounts.

Ankama would gain more by letting players level alt account's profession, minus all the paperworks.

You make it sound like that'd be giving something away. No matter where the profession is, somebody did the work to get it. Even if these were exchangeable items, it's not llike they can be created. So some people will sell them, so what? Once that's all done, it's over. Not like a business could grow up around it.

And PS, multi-accounting is the only viable way to have all professions before this update. Stop saying it like it's a dirty word or something.

Marnod:

You make it sound like they didn't already do all the work. There are instances where people will get a useless rune. However small that percentage may be, they have every right to be upset.
0 0
Score : 279
jermen33|2015-05-07 17:34:40
i honestly won`t like this update more people will do more proffesions that means that the price of the items will go down ( i think so correct me if im wrong )
And its a bad thing prices will go down? Like the first comment said, Wakfu has been having this type of approach to professions, not only that but most equipment can be dropped or you can get linked ones from dungeon machine and it works, but the Dofus one will be better because in Wakfu you can't invite people to help make an item. Even though you can lvl all proffesions in Wakfu i still find myself needing someone to make an item for me because im not the required level to some professions.
My only problem is that you can gain a full level by crafting a single equal level item as your profession.
In my opinion it should be 2 items instead of just 1. I think 1 item would be too easy.
1 0
Score : 25914
OhGurl|2015-05-12 22:11:08
You make it sound like that'd be giving something away. No matter where the profession is, somebody did the work to get it. Even if these were exchangeable items, it's not llike they can be created. So some people will sell them, so what? Once that's all done, it's over. Not like a business could grow up around it.

And PS, multi-accounting is the only viable way to have all professions before this update. Stop saying it like it's a dirty word or something.
Point me to where I said multi-accounting is a bad word or something. I am an advocate of multi-accounting although I do not multi-account. Heck, I have a level 100 miner/lbj on an account that I no longer use so being able to transfer that profession to my active account would actually benefit me.

I'm not saying that it will be a giveaway, all I am saying is that the multi account only worked on that profession on one of his account, not on both his account so why should he have twice the profession in both his account when he only worked on one account.

And ofcourse, ankama support will not and cannot be bothered to verify is all the multi-account claims are legit or not. Do you actually believe that support will even try to exert any effort on such a monumental task when they could just as easily make various excuses cite various reason why such a system of multi-account linking and prof transfer would not be acceptable?

And PS, multi-accounting is not the only viable way to have all profession before this update, even solo accounter can have all profession in their account.
0 0

How exactly would they have it on more than one account? There's one rune.

And yeah, if you pay to add slots, because that's fun.

0 0

Do you even know how our discussion started? I mean do you know what I was talking about when you quote me?

You quote me saying this:

Too much work for support to validate each claim just to give multi-accounters an option to instantly have simultaneous profession on various accounts.

Ankama would gain more by letting players level alt account's profession, minus all the paperworks.

and I was referring to this:
kiromanza|2015-05-12 16:29:53
I wonder, why you don't make sistem that can prove i use 2 accounts. For example: I have eniripsa and sram. I will add the e-mail address of eniripsa from sram's account and it will allow me to use the runes that eniripsa has. An e-mail has to be sent to the eniripsa's e-mail address that says he agrees to share his runes to my sram. It will need more secure codes to ensure you that i'm the owner of the both accounts.

I was talking about someone asking for a way to transfer prof runes to another account... It is very important that you read what was being discussed before you quote someone.

And this is not just about one rune... For example, I have butcher/hunter on my main character, that would be 2 runes (or atleast one extra rune) that I would very much like to give to another account.
0 0
Score : 2

Sorry if this was asked before, I tried to look and find it. But if you had a profession and forgot it to make room for a different profession will you also get a rune for the forgotten profession?
Ex. Had lvl 100 farmer forgot it to make room for miner

0 0

You only get runes for professions you actually have.

Gunnerwolfang|2015-05-13 11:18:15
Do you even know how our discussion started? I mean do you know what I was talking about when you quote me?

You quote me saying this:

and I was referring to this:
kiromanza|2015-05-12 16:29:53
I wonder, why you don't make sistem that can prove i use 2 accounts. For example: I have eniripsa and sram. I will add the e-mail address of eniripsa from sram's account and it will allow me to use the runes that eniripsa has. An e-mail has to be sent to the eniripsa's e-mail address that says he agrees to share his runes to my sram. It will need more secure codes to ensure you that i'm the owner of the both accounts.

I was talking about someone asking for a way to transfer prof runes to another account... It is very important that you read what was being discussed before you quote someone.
And this is not just about one rune... For example, I have butcher/hunter on my main character, that would be 2 runes (or atleast one extra rune) that I would very much like to give to another account.

And yes you still only get one rune per profession. Nothing is gained for free. You still spent the time to level enough to get them both. One rune per. Having one prof that gets eaten by another does not reduce the work you did to get them both. No matter what account you worked them on, you should still be able to use them both. Time spent is time spent. I fully agree they should be transferable.
0 0
Score : 1257

Will the runes be automatically put into the respective character's inventory or will they appear in the "Rewards" display when you log onto your account for the first time after the update, asking you to choose a character to assign the runes to?

0 0
OhGurl|2015-05-14 03:00:57
And yes you still only get one rune per profession. Nothing is gained for free. You still spent the time to level enough to get them both. One rune per. Having one prof that gets eaten by another does not reduce the work you did to get them both. No matter what account you worked them on, you should still be able to use them both. Time spent is time spent. I fully agree they should be transferable.
Actually, if you read the update notes, you'd be getting multiple runes, each one will be equal to multiple profession.

So if you level 5 weapon smith, you will be getting 5 blacksmith rune, each will be equal to 5 smith profession.

you work on 5 smith, you get 5x5 = 25 smith profession.

In my case, I have level 100 hunter and 100 butcher, now after the update, even if I work on only 2 profession, I will now have 2 character with level 200 hunter and butcher. 4 profession for the price of 2.
0 0

Actually, you will end up with 1 level 200 rune per level 100 profession YOU HAVE ALREADY EARNED. Or, the equivalent rune based on the current level of each profession ((level+1)*2). As I have been saying.

No matter how you slice this up, you get one rune per profession. Which you had to level to get. So no matter where you put them, the net gain is still zero.

However, the possible downside is just this situation, which Ankama should have been smart enough to come up with a solution to. Two combined professions leave you a completely useless rune.

And while I agree it would require work to sort it out without a computerized system, that seems to me to be a problem they brought on themselves.

Perhaps an NPC at the Castle Zaap that will swap any rune you give it for an equal level rune of the profession of your choice. And while this maybe slightly abused for about a week, after that, it'll be useless. Since this switchover is a one time thing and users cannot create runes.

0 0
Score : 1257

That would be a silly solution. People would just rush to level something like Farmer or Alchemist to 100 as many times as possible on all their different chars on the one account and trade it off for something like level 200 smith which is considerably harder to achieve.

0 0
Score : 179

i was just wondering, what will happen with the exp scrolls for the proffessions, i saved up quite some magus scrolls, so wil the exp on the scrolls be doubled or wil it be one magus scroll for all possible proffesions or something ?

0 0
Score : -10

So, if i understood ir right, people who bothered leveing all the smiths to lvl 100 will get the same result as the one who leveled one smith to lvl 100? ... Fair?! sad

And, after uampdate I will have five lvl 200 smiths on separate chars, that i won't be able to trade? how does that make any sense? correct me if im worng :3 and i really hope i am

0 0
Score : 784

I totally agree some people can take advantage of it, but i have wand carver lv92 and staff carver lv74 on different accounts. So i can't combine my work as other people can. I couldn't create the profession in 1 account as there weren't more characters that i can create (i had some professions more than 1 time and i wanted to keep them).

0 0
Score : 27371
demdaco|2015-05-14 15:24:06
So, if i understood ir right, people who bothered leveing all the smiths to lvl 100 will get the same result as the one who leveled one smith to lvl 100? ... Fair?! sad

And, after uampdate I will have five lvl 200 smiths on separate chars, that i won't be able to trade? how does that make any sense? correct me if im worng :3 and i really hope i am
You will have 5 smiths on 5 different characters. That you won't be able to trade across accounts, but you can move them across characters on the account.

Ankama is looking at the entire player base with a change like this, not just a small percentage (which those who leveled that many smiths surely are).
0 0
Score : 3

Question here,i didn't quite understood how the runes will work, when you say "These runes are useable, account-bound items. They will credit any character from the player’s account on the same server with the associated profession and level. "
You mean that every character in the account will be able to do all the professions? Or you need to like "consume" a rune to give X levels to a specific character in the account.

0 0

Only one character can use a given rune. And once consumed, these runes will give the XP amount needed to achieve the X level.

Score : 3279

Okay, so most of this sounds very nice indeed, except that the buyable ingredients will become drop items. That is really bad news for us strict pacifists. :/

Any chance the drop ingredients will also become craftable? I don't care if it's harder that way, I just want it to be possible to get them without fighting or buying from fighters. Sure, I might be able to find some in trash bins or thrown on the ground, but it would be much nicer to be able to focus on actual profession activities instead.

0 0
Score : -10

Yeh, I understand the whole rune thing ... but the thing is that the person with one level 100 smith will get the same reward and the one who leveled 5 smiths. thats bcuz' it doesn't really matter how many same lvl 100 professions you have, recipes are still the same.

So basically, that little amount of people , who bothered leveling all the professions on separate chars or even accounts, did that enormous job, will get a HUGE nerf, as the result they were working so hard for will be given to players who spent so much less. I don't understand how come Ankama doesn't offer some compensation or such players.

As I mentioned before, it doesn't matter how many lvl 200 of the same profession you will have ,as in means of the recipes you will be able to craft, there's no difference, which should exist.

0 0