FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Dofus Discord Voice Chat Server

By nabz4ayman - SUBSCRIBER - August 05, 2015, 22:58:09

Discord is a free text and voice chat medium. The application can be used from within the web browser or downloaded, with the link for both being on the homepage of its website: discordapp.com It is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS.

No registration needed, though you may lose access if you are inactive after a while so the best thing to do would be to create an account, which is pretty easy to do.

To join the Dofus Discord server, simply follow this link: discord.gg/0RDH0dqUoTRkCjSF (or the better looking discord.me/dofus).

Our Discord server has plenty of awesome features including automatic news being posted in the announcements text channel, fun chat bot in the bot-chamber text channel, as well as a music bot in the Music voice channel (scroll down the channel list to see and join voice channels).

There are 3 main channels: general-en, general-fr and general-de for general talk. Streamers and Youtubers post their new content in the ads text channel, there's also a trading text channel for buying and selling things, a music text channel for sharing some tunes and channels dedicated to Dofus 1.29, Dofus Touch and Krosmaga (if you don't want to join the corresponding servers, though you should, as it is very easy to do and manage them).

Don't hesitate to ask questions if you need help with Discord, or the game itself of course.

Currently there's over 4000 people in total in the Dofus Discord server, 500 online during peak times and 350 during off times.

Discord itself has awesome features as well, such as 1-on-1 and group Direct Messages/Private Messages (DMs/PMs) for both text and voice chatting, linking your Youtube/Twitch/Steam/Twitter/Reddit/LoL/Blizzard accounts and sync your friends to Discord, as well as get bonuses from Subscribing to Twitch streamers (use the channel's emotes everywhere, as well as get access to a secret Discord server or a special role in a Discord server). There's also message pinning, searching in text channels and the coming soon video chatting.

7 -2
First Ankama intervention

I was on here the other day, it's a very nice system, seems to work quite well with very little hassle. Give it a shot! =)

See message in context
Reactions 39
Score : 3

It is pretty good. The real reason to use it is for the in browser part of it. That way you don't have to walk people through setting up a program they just downloaded.

0 0
Score : 2

yea its nice to use cause then you can actually talk with people and plan things out better

0 0
Score : 3460

Very neat system. I might will use it someday for my streams. smile 

0 0
Score : 2265

Feel free to join, we got about 5 people in a chat channel right now and I just posted it.

0 0
Score : 379

Probably the best thing since sliced bread, if you ignore various other things. We even have our very own resident Izmar who's offering free cookies to ya'll. From time to time.

0 0
Score : 5255

This is a fantastic idea!

It was only yesterday when I and a few other players were having a nostalgia party on the old Dofus IRC, reminiscing about the great time we had on the IRC.

this should work really well, as did the previous "dofus global chat" on TeamSpeak worked great. I'll most likely be joining in on this. smile 

0 0

I was on here the other day, it's a very nice system, seems to work quite well with very little hassle. Give it a shot! =)

This is honestly so nice and easy to use

0 0
Score : 1396

You should add some server tabs for Rushu, Rosal, Solar, Shika, Zato, and whatever else is necessary for text and voice channels.

0 0

I'd prefer to keep everyone in one big chat as some of the other servers would have barely any people in them. But, I may add more in the future.

0 0
Score : 1053

I have a couple questions about the system before I try it out.
Can someone create their own group or room for specific things. Dungeon runs, guild chat things in that similar description.(I know it's a pretty broad spectrum)?
Can we make a group or specific chat channel private or invite only(to create a distraction free environment)?
Sorry if this information is available via running the program.. I'm really curious about this, probably going to try it out regardless. I just think these features would be helpful. Thank you Nabz4ayman! you can pm me ig at Lumber-jak Shadow-jak if you want to talk about it ig to explain further.

0 0

1) Only moderators can create Chat/voice channels (For obvious reasons) but as long as I'm on, I will happily make you one
2) Yes this is possible, but again, only moderators can do this (so we don't get people locking all the rooms, preventing others from chatting)

I would also like to add the average amount of users online
Total = 70 members
Peak times = 5-10 online (15:00 GMT)
Off peak = 2-4 (00:00 - 08:00 GMT)

So if you're looking at the widget and only seeing 2 people online, don't worry. The server is very active.

Members who are often on:
Wabacus
Incarnation-Genius
Tofupie
Gravestorm
Big-blue

0 0
Score : 1053

Awesome thank you so much ^.^ I would love to use this function

0 0

Yesterday, we hit a peak of 50 members online at once! We are also thinking about expanding to other communities and adding specific chatrooms for servers!

(I cannot edit the main post as the widget will break if I do so)

Another update,

Total members = 200
Off peak times = 8
Peak times = 15-25

Total members = 260
Off peak times = 15
Peak times = 20-30

Total members = 368
Off peak times = 20-30
Peak times = 30-45

Total members = 1000!
Off peak times = 50-60
Peak times = 90-110

The expansion cannot be contained!

0 0
Score : 744

I am almost all the time on the Discord server ! It's a lot of fun ! Don't hesitate to join happy 

0 0

Hi ! I'm a player on french server, and i think that is a very good idea. But most of french people, who are in a Guild or Alliance, are talking with a Private (Guild/Alliance) TS or Mumble. Moreover, they don't need and don't want an other channel. It's can be good for some people, but not all. In fact, there are some toxic player and you don't want to hear them all the time (People who need XP, or Dungeon pass, Kamas, Service,etc). But, have you got a banhammer for those type of people ? And your system give to other gamer our IP ? The server can support ddos ?

See you next time tongue

0 0

As you can see, we are beginning to expand to both French and Spanish servers! We've currently just made posts on other community forums and are waiting on people to join, about 10minutes in and we have quite a few members joining.

Now to your questions.
Any admin/moderator can mute people, not allow them to chat and kick/ban users. So no toxic players are allowed. If the the 'Toxic' player becomes too excessive with their requests, they will be temporarily muted, or to a lesser extent, banned.
There is 0 trace of someone else retrieving your IP through discord and the servers cannot be ddos'd as stated on the official Discord website: " Encrypted server to client communication keeps your IP address safe. Stop getting ganked because you're logged into Skype. Our resilient Erlang backend running on the cloud has built in DDoS protection with automatic server failover."

0 0
Score : 2080

I am on it pretty much every day! i also use it when I stream smile Very nice! I totally recommend it smile 

0 0

As you can see, we have expanded by a large amount!

0 0
Respond to this thread