FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Edit: English Player Party in Lille on Dec 22, 2015!

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - November 05, 2015, 17:42:58
EDIT: This is happening! If you're planning to come, please post here so I can get a good idea of how many people to expect. =)

Some of you have already seen that Ankama is opening up a Christmas village in downtown Lille this year.

During the week of December 21st through the 28th, the village will be having events that are focused on Dofus. If we had a day with special events for English-speakers, hosted by yours truly, would you come to Lille to join the fun?

If so, what day would be the easiest for you to make it?

Edit: I can't talk about all of the features that will be available at the village at this time, but here's some of the things that I can say.

There will be a treasure hunt with in-game prizes

There will be a life-size replica of Kerub's shop, stuffed with goodies to buy

There will be a number of Dofus-related events (I can't talk much about them specifically yet, but the folks who came to our 10-year Convention know that we manage some pretty great events -_^)

There will be a Ferris wheel and a few other fun rides within the area (those aren't related to Dofus, but they are entertaining)

And, it's held in the middle of Lille, which is jammed full of shops and beautiful lights and ambiance at this time of year, so even if you get bored of hanging out with me and the other players, there's a whole city center to explore. And speaking as someone who's seen five previous Lille Christmases, it's quite magical. wink

I'm still in discussion about what else we can do if enough people want to come, so let me know! The more people who attend, the more fun we can have together. biggrin
First Ankama intervention

Well, this event is part of a big tradition in France (and other parts of Europe) called a Christmas Village. Shops are set up in the main part of town and people go shopping and enjoy local products and events all together! This time, we're just setting up a Christmas Village that features a more modern local product of Lille... Ankama's games and animation. wink

A lot of people come to France to shop in these villages with their families at this time of year, it's very normal to do so. =)

See message in context
Reactions 49
Score : 4227

I wish I could come, but the event is still in France which is no surprise. I live in the U,S making it nearly impossible to come sad I know this is silly, but, is there a way to have an event like this in the U.S.? Dofus is a France inspired game, but doesn't mean it can't expand out towards loyal fans to other places around the world who also make up a part of this great game. Regarding the date of this event anyhow, it would probably make sense to not have the english-speaking event on December 24th-25th. I wish you all the best to those who can make it and most of all have fun!

0 0
Score : 256

During December I'll be preparing for my university exams, which are no joke here. I'd love to come some day.

Summer would be the best time to host something like this in my opinion since most people would want to spend Christmas time with their families and friends. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels the same way.

0 0

Well, this event is part of a big tradition in France (and other parts of Europe) called a Christmas Village. Shops are set up in the main part of town and people go shopping and enjoy local products and events all together! This time, we're just setting up a Christmas Village that features a more modern local product of Lille... Ankama's games and animation. wink

A lot of people come to France to shop in these villages with their families at this time of year, it's very normal to do so. =)

Score : 256

I guess this would be perfect for the French community since it's relatively hard for people across the world to visit France especially in Christmas time.

In any case, goodluck with hosting the event. smile 

0 0
Score : 1756

I would like to come but I'm not entirely sure yet if I will have to work and if it's worth the money (I understand just €60 for a train retour is a luxury for some, but it's still a lot of money for just one or two days). So could you tell us a bit how the day might look like in broad strokes?

as for the date, as long as it's not too close to christmas it would be fine I guess.

2 0
Score : 18225

If you paid for my plane ticket and supplied a place to stay, I would totally come.

0 0
Score : 3504

Honestly, I'd love to come to your party. I'd also love to come to the general event there even if it's entirely in French and I would feel pretty out of place and understand very little. But I'm not prepared to spend hundreds of Euro just on getting there. sad

1 0
Score : 2090

Oh man...i would love love love to come but it would be impossible for many reasons sad 1. i work holidays, my job is super busy during all holidays so wouldnt be able to even try to get off and 2. i'm in the US--would be too expensive for me to travel that far etc

But i absolutely love the idea...i love christmas smile I'd buy all the stuffed animals for myself (if there was any) hehehehe (also would love to meet you, Izmar)

1 0
Score : 6957

We need one of these in Manhattan, and of course one in LA, for those who don't know which side is the right side to live on. wub 

0 0
Score : 2129

See, if there was one in manhattan, or somewhere in New York. I would definitely go, even though it's a 4 hour drive from where I am (Boston)

0 0
Score : 7077

Just here to add my voice to the mob of Americans that would never be able to make the trek, but would love a local event.

0 0
Score : 2954

I think it would really come down to whether or not Ankama will be assisting with some of the expenses, and what will be made available to the Int. Comm. players (in terms of content and fun). This could help people determine if the event will be worth the time and travel costs (which could include overnight accommodation for some).

I did some research online and what I found makes the whole thing sound totally awesome: Lille centre square, an actual Dofus village right next to the big wheel, and treasure hunts around the city with the chance of coming home with lots of goodies - all this in the heart of a French winter wonderland. (Thank you, www.lille.fr!)
Alas, for me, this comes with a price tag of about €300, which is a bit steep for a day's worth of fun. sad 

0 0
Score : 3504

To be honest, I've never heard of anyone going to France for Christmas, but I guess it might be normal for people who live in southern European countries like Germany and Belgium and so on. I don't think it's realistic for most people who don't live in a neighbouring country.

Any chance Dofus/Ankama will come to Närcon in the summer? It's a big event in Northern Europe. smile 

0 0
Score : 3999

I would totally come if its not during any holidays. It would be a pleasure to meet you again Izmar, and visit Lille again since my teen years. As for someone earlier who said they work holidays, I assume it's the Hospitality Industry. It's tough, I know I'm certainly on a leash starting 2 weeks before Christmas Eve that's for sure.

0 0
Score : 3539

I might drive down from England but I'll be spending 24-26th of December with family.
Its a 6 hour drive for me which isnt too bad.

0 0
Score : 1132

Not sure yet if I'll be able to come, but I sure will try to

0 0
Score : 2302

Keep in mind that it is probably hard for Izmar to travel too.she has a job and the journey will also cost her. I can't really speak for her but I'm assuming that she can't just travel out to a different country. If Izmar is willing to travel, I'd say London would be the best bet, there's a very small minority of american players and a surprisingly large English playerbase.

0 0
Score : 3999

Yes and we have to put into consideration that there are players from different countries across the world that plays DOFUS. For some people it's not just to find spare time, or the distance, or the expense, but also applying for Visa. At least for France its part of the Schengen Area. The UK however is not, and unless you're an EU citizen or holds a passport from a country that generally enjoys fast Visa applications, one might need to plan up to 3 months in advance just to be able to apply for a Visa to wherever Ankama holds their events, that is if all goes well and you don't get rejected.

0 0
Score : 860

Although this sounds awesome, I personally don't have the money to afford the trip. But i still think its a great event for those who want to, also a great way to further promote the game.

0 0
Respond to this thread