Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Rollback: our apology, your compensation

By #[Nerodos] - ADMIN - January 04, 2016, 18:34:00
Reactions 343
Score : 2956
Izmar|2016-01-12 17:45:50
Question of curiosity.

What about those people who made characters at the start of double xp weekend but deleted said character after the rollback happened?
Will the experience be given out in a usable item or is the experience gone for good?
0 0
Score : 3490

Why would they return XP that someone voluntarily threw away by deleting the character?

0 0
Score : 27377

Under the "I have a temperament of a 9 year old, had a temper tantrum, deleted my stuff in a rage and now that I've sobered up I want my stuff back because clearly I am a delicate child and you're going to cause me irreparable emotional distress which will have a long term effect of turning me into an incorrigible criminal if you don't return it now because my parents give me everything I want and if you don't do the same there is gonna be trouble" logic that lots of folks have these days, that would be the logical thing for Ankama to do.

I should have added hyphens between each word, I know, but it is late and that is a lot of hyphens.

Stryke wasn't asking for himself, but the way he asks for a hypothetical third person likely means he knows someone like that and doesn't want to open them up to ridicule.

2 0

That is correct Revil.
I do know someone who did that, but not in the "I rage quit my character because I am an easily distressed child" sense.
More like the "Damn, all my work is gone, ah well, that character was boring anyway" sense.

I was just curious as to what would become of the xp and seeing as tho someone I knew was curious, I decided to ask the question for them.

The first part of your post was going a little too far mind you.

0 0
Score : 11360

Ah, I thought you meant "what about the people who made brand-new characters in order to take advantage of double XP, which were then deleted by the rollback", not people who deliberately deleted their characters in a fit of pique.

0 0
Score : 27377
DragonmasterLance|2016-01-17 17:41:09
The first part of your post was going a little too far mind you.
I know, but that was the entire point.

And most people don't exactly think exactly that way, it is just kids with no patience who want everything right away, you just ham it up past that to mock that kind of attitude.
0 0
DragonmasterLance|2016-01-17 00:07:39
What about those people who made characters at the start of double xp weekend but deleted said character after the rollback happened?
Will the experience be given out in a usable item or is the experience gone for good?

Unfortunately, it is simply impossible on our end to do anything regarding such characters. We can't give the characters back, and we can't give the experience back either. We're sorry.

That's ok Nerodos.
My friend gave up on his Rogue when the rollback happened and I decided to ask what would happen to the experience in such a situation.
He was bored of it anyway, so no harm done smile

Thanks for the response.

0 0
Score : 110

Any update on the refunding of ogrines that were used to buy various services during rollback?

0 0
Score : 150
Nerodos|2016-01-18 16:24:40
DragonmasterLance|2016-01-17 00:07:39

Unfortunately, it is simply impossible on our end to do anything regarding such characters. We can't give the characters back, and we can't give the experience back either. We're sorry.

When you say that you can't give the experience back, is that for ALL of us or just for the characters that were removed as a result of the rollback?
0 0
Score : 36

Lol I just had comeback 3 days ago and spend over +60 hours... Well I've lost over 100k and royal gobbal set... Anyway I hope we dont lost more..

Edit: oh god.. My dragoturkey has gone too biggrin 

0 0
deandoubleds|2016-01-19 03:10:24
Any update on the refunding of ogrines that were used to buy various services during rollback?

They are supposed to have all been refunded as of more than a week ago. Izmar posted an update about that on January 8th. If you are still missing some, you need to contact Support.

Black-Stem|2016-01-19 04:04:04
When you say that you can't give the experience back, is that for ALL of us or just for the characters that were removed as a result of the rollback?

Only the characters that were removed because of the rollback (whether because they were created during the rollback or deleted by players when the rollback occurred) are concerned by my earlier discussion with DragonmasterLance.

For all other characters, as we stated before, we are quite confident we'll be able to give you back your character XP, and even part of your achievements. We're looking into giving you back your profession XP as well.
Score : 3912

Knowing that there is a chance of getting the lost character XP, achievements, and perhaps even profession XP back is a really good news. However, in what format will it be given back? I ask this question because it has been some time between the rollback and now with 2 double XP weekends already history. Surely those whom had lost XP or achievements have tried to regain them during this time, and for characters that reached level 200 during the weekend prior to the rollback, now have reworked themselves to level 200, and profession to the same level they were or even higher. Will these players not get anything back or will they be included too such as giving out the lost XP in form of usable runes linked to the account like the profession runes so players can reallocate them to their other characters on the same account?
Knowing that even though some players might have worked their lost progress back themselves by now, the lost time has been compensated in form of extra subscription time, but wouldn't it be fair to still receive the lost XP or achievement back? "Time" itself is not the only thing, some players might have made great achievement before the rollback due to a more opportune moment (such as being able to finally find others whom were willing to teamwork with you) or Ecaflip's Luck shone on you but no longer shines until the next full moon, or whatever. wink 

0 0

Unfortunately, I don't know how we will proceed to give you back your XP, so I can't answer that question.

I'm sorry.

Score : 2

i would like my orines back been almost 4 weeks now and this dont have my ogrines back... really need to step your game up ankama.. yous are bloody useless in my eyes..

0 0

All ogrines are supposed to have been refunded as of more than a week ago. Izmar posted an update about that on January 8th. If you are still missing some, you need to contact Support.

Score : 307

Nerodos - do we have any update on how the xp return is occurring?

Based on the fact you guys have a webpage which displays a visual of xp gotten/current level, providing you had a back up of the pre roll back data (as in the data gathered by players prior to the required rollback) it should be a simple task to generate the different numbers by comparing the 2 database tables.

I would imagen the hard part is coding an item character specific in each scenario to return the xp?

0 0

Unfortunately, I have no update on how we're going to do it to share with you.

I just know that we are going to do it, and soon now, but other than that, nothing. The teams are still working on it.

Score : 307

No worries!! I am just hoping the main closed topic gets an update soon with either an ETA or generalized update.

0 0
Score : 2

My cra acnt on Rosal has still not gotten its compensastion and is the acnt that lost the most with the rollback.

0 0
Respond to this thread