FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Get a hold of strange and antique Mystery Boxes!

By #[Nerodos] - ADMIN - February 19, 2016, 16:00:00
Announcements

Did some Mystery Boxes went just right under your nose, because you were too busy trying your luck at becoming the most legendary hero the World of Twelve has ever known? Thankfully, you'll be able to catch up! Starting today, old and strange Mystery Boxes will come back to the Emporium in a brand new category. Don't hesitate, go for it!

If you go to your Emporium, you might feel like you've taken a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in a parallel dimension, combining your own past with some weird novelties. But rest assured, you didn't! Warrior Mystery Box, Hatter Mystery Box, Makeover Mystery Box: they're all actually here! And many more as well! The Mystery Boxes are now permanently available in the Emporium.

And since good things come in pairs, we'd like to celebrate by putting on sale an exclusive Mysterious Mystery Box. It will be available for 600 Ogrines until Wednesday, February 24, and will allow you to get, at random, one of the Mystery Boxes that were available during the year 2015 (including those that were previously exclusive to the French community)!

Here's a list of the Mystery Boxes you can find in the new section:

• Deceiver
  • Enutrof
  • Sunny
  • Hatter
  • Gobbowl
  • Blue
  • Festival of Bonta's
  • Warrior
  • Makeover
  • Green
  • Mysterious Mystery Box

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the concept of the Mystery Box, it's quite simple: you just have to open it and let yourself be overcome with pure joy as you find out what item you've won, amongst the many it contains! 

Go right now to the new Mystery Box category in the Emporium to discover all the incredible gifts the Boxes have in store for you.

First Ankama intervention

The Mysterious Mystery Box is going into overtime!

It will stay in the Emporium until 02/29 at 23:59 (Paris Time).

To open your Mystery Box, visit your pending gifts page!

See message in context
Reactions 15
Score : -231

OMG!!!

I was trying to dispose my leftover ogrines from the kwismas season and I was left with 200 ogrines... So I said WTH, I'll just grab one of those 199 ogrine mystery box....

And lo and behold when I open it....

X5 Breadwinner

I hit the jackpot of 5 sidekick signal (Beelzebug, Skale, Shadow, Lumino and Kamus Rex)

Thanks!
1 0
Score : 2273

Really? ohmy 

0 0

Yeah, for real.... Almost all mystery box has a jackpot with very low win rate. I guess I was lucky last night. happy 

0 0
Score : 228

Wow sick luck Gunnerwolfang

0 0
Score : 247
Gunnerwolfang|2016-02-19 16:59:08

X5 Breadwinner

I hit the jackpot of 5 sidekick signal (Beelzebug, Skale, Shadow, Lumino and Kamus Rex)

Thanks!

This is quite a blessing for you since you are a very dedicated solo-accounter. Sidekicks like the ones you got will serve you well with a given purpose. In another scenario, can also sell them all for 6-10m if you lose your interest in them.
1 0
Score : 42

I am lucky i guess i got the normal one with 30 fireworks #dofusislovedofusislife !

1 0
Score : 3913

So they finally bringing out the whole lot exclusives, I know this is going to make those people who wished they had rare items forever mad. Haha I couldn't care either way. Here is what I have to say for the different individual mystery boxes, let's take a look shall we?

1. Deceiver Mystery Box (costs: 399 OG) - Nothing new here except the Black Wab Set which was previously available in promotions within our community. A really cheap set, I remember its value dropped down to 30,000 kamas a piece at one point when the markets were filled with them.
  2. Enutrof Mystery Box (costs: 99 OG) - Now here's something new for a change, the Stroud Set which never came to our community before except those lucky few who might have gotten it from codes from events or some such. The Stroud hat is the main focus, it looks like Percimol's Mask without the ugly mask, and more like the Slob Headgear with an extra kama coin for a cherry-on-top effect.
  3. Sunny Mystery Box (costs: 299 OG) - Plump Tofurby and World Worrier Set. I know a lot of people most likely want the cute and cuddly looking Plump Tofurby pet, and it's been a "rare" pet like the Feanor. Raising a Plump Tofurby isn't an easy task, but for being a Wisdom pet plus its looks, it holds very good value. The World Worrier Set was partially given out as a bonus for one the Dofus Magazines editions that came to our community at one point. We never was able to get the full set, only the shield but not the cape. For collectors, it's good to finally complete the collection. Not too good looking however.
  4. Hatter Mystery Box (costs: 299 OG) - Master Black Jack's Headgear. This is probably the only thing "new" in this box that hasn't seen much appearance in our community since many many years ago. It's basically a black/white wig.
  5. Gobbowl Mystery Box (costs: 1200 OG) - A box for all you Gobbowl fans, and those who missed the promotion a few month back for this mystery box. However 1,200 OG for a single box is very very expensive.
  6. Blue Mystery Box (costs: 1500 OG) - Snow Bow Meow, Gupin, and Platypus. There's nothing new here to see..
  7. [*]Festival of Bonta's Mystery Box (costs: 699 OG) - Airmees Set and Just Set. Perhaps the only sets of interest here, with the focus on the Airmees Shield and Just Shield. The Airmees I know is more uncommon than the Just Shield at least in our community. Both sets were made available through promotions previously, but the Airmees Set had been more difficult to obtain.
  8. Warrior Mystery Box (costs: 699 OG) - Goultard's Headgear and the rare-most-wanted Haku Set. This box is going to be a good one, for me personally at least. The Goultard's Headgear isn't exactly a really rare piece of item, not on server Rushu at least. The Haku Set is an old set with an incarnation, Haku the Zoth Master, and It is quite rare in our community.
  9. Makeover Mystery Box (costs: 699 OG) - Offer a Cake emote, for those who didn't get it in previous promotions from last year. Apart from that, this box doesn't have anything really new for our community.
  10. Green Mystery Box (costs: 699 OG) - The set in the first subscription pack of 2015, Springy Set returns for another appearance, including the Sylvan emote.
And that pretty much sums up all the individual mystery boxes.

For something a bit off-topic, the first subscription pack of 2015 came out on the 27th of February. This is worth noting. If Ankama keeps up with giving us 4 seasons of subscription packs like in 2015, well look at the calendar and you will know what I getting at. Some time this week, folks, some time this week. biggrin *fingers crossed*
1 0
MadSock|2016-02-22 15:22:12
9. Makeover Mystery Box (costs: 699 OG) - Offer a Cake emote, for those who didn't get it in previous promotions from last year. Apart from that, this box doesn't have anything really new for our community.

I am actually looking for the Ougicle Set (Ouginak Incarnation) to add to my incarnation collection.
0 0

Good for you, Gunner. The Ougicle sword or more specifically the Ouginak look will fit you well laugh Wolf fang and all heh..

I don't recall which promotion made Ougicle Set available previously, but I am quite sure I have a few of the swords in my bank or somewhere. In terms of in-game value, the sword or the set altogether isn't as much as the Give a Cake emote at least not on server Solar.

For me of these 10 different mystery boxes, I am just going to wait until the marketing team decides to promote yet another "Ogrine packed with bonuses" promotion. There aren't many boxes with stuff I don't have or actually find interesting. I know I will be trying my luck with the Enutrof Mystery Box for the Stroud Set, and even more with the Warrior Mystery Box in hope to get that rare Haku Set and the incarnation which I have been desperately hoping of getting lucky from the haven bag lottery. I did get a piece of the Haku set from haven lottery before just not the weapon. Might get a few Goultard's Headgear while I am at it, and it's all worth keeping. I might consider the Sunny Mystery Box to complete my World Worrier Set just for the cape, though there are plenty of choice of items in-game now with better looks for future mimisymbic use, I probably won't bother and save myself some batches of 299 OG.

Or wait until the first season of subscription packs of 2016, so I can get the new stuff with the Master Pack together with the Ogrine I need to try my luck at some of these boxes.

0 0

Score : 8188
Gunnerwolfang|2016-02-20 02:29:54
Yeah, for real.... Almost all mystery box has a jackpot with very low win rate. I guess I was lucky last night. happy
Yeah I feel silly for spending 2k ogrines on the 'NEW' mystery box, I should had invested in those classic ones in hopes I striking big like you--Gunner!

Haha a little research goes a far way...

-Cato
0 0
Score : 14

Lame.. bought 7 boxes and not even 1 "uncommon" item, stand alone a rare :/

0 0
Nerodos|2016-02-24 17:02:53

The only benefit of purchasing the Mysterious Mystery Box is hoping you'd get lucky and get a box with a value over the price you paid for the mysterious one, such as the gobbowl themed box for whatever reason worth so much as 1,500 OG. Those that only want a specific item in one of the cheaper valued boxes are better off buying the individual boxes directly. Or is there a benefit of the mysterious mystery box that I haven't understood?

By the way, I brought 13k OG and spent it all, got 1x Haku Set, and 1x Stroud Set, among other less significant things. I was hoping to get duplicates of Haku Set or Stroud Set, but guess my luck wasn't that great. I need more OG. Nerodos, when will the first season sub packs of 2016 come? Or has Ankama new plans for subscription packs for 2016?
0 0

The Mysterious Mystery Box is the quintessence of the whole Mystery Box concept: buy something that is cheaper than your end goal, and hope you're Gunnerwolfang lucky.

To be fair, there are more Mystery Boxes that are more expensive than the Mysterious Mystery Box than there are who are cheaper. Furthermore, the average price of a Mystery Box is roughly 618 Ogrines. That's 19 Ogrines more than the Mysterious Mystery Box, and that's the point of the Mysterious Mystery Box in a nutshell.

Now, I can't talk about subscription packs here, because that's off-topic. However, they do come with the Master Pack, full of Ogrines and goodies, and as we're basically talking about Ogrines and goodies here, I guess I can slip a little: you'll hear about the new packs very soon. After all, it's been nearly three months since we last changed them...

Score : 8188
MadSock|2016-02-26 14:37:08
Nerodos|2016-02-24 17:02:53

The only benefit of purchasing the Mysterious Mystery Box is hoping you'd get lucky and get a box with a value over the price you paid for the mysterious one, such as the gobbowl themed box for whatever reason worth so much as 1,500 OG. Those that only want a specific item in one of the cheaper valued boxes are better off buying the individual boxes directly. Or is there a benefit of the mysterious mystery box that I haven't understood?
I scored a full Stroud set. Yay; not sure if it's considered rare, but maybe it will turn conman once they are sellable
0 0
Respond to this thread