FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Letter to the Community #03

By [Tot] - ADMIN - April 29, 2016, 17:00:00
Announcements
Reactions 59
Score : 2651
Click here is this art coming for dofus??? if so im really glad they improve the design, the only thing i disagree with is. dont make it too childish.... i mean if you want to attract more players, we as players want to feel ''one with our dofus goultarminator'' the badass feeling of our classes
0 0
Score : 2853

I personally don't like the art style.
They look.... over the top silly.
Male iop needs a bit more meat on the bones,not overly porky,but also not looking like it's been fasting for a month or two.
I don't really take skinny warriors seriously tongue
As for the Osamodas... bodysuits are fine,but tattoos being the form of coverage is a big no in my books.
Have even neglected watching a whole lot of the present day anime due to over the top pointless fanservice.

Change is always good,but please try to at least be somewhat serious in character designs, we do have to see them while we are playing.

1 0
Score : 542

Dofus is slowly sinking from a badass game to some disney something with scantily-clad women and childish boys

0 0
Score : 2930

Dofus has never had ANY intention to be a badass game. It's ALWAYS been a tongue in cheek, parody/adult humor tactics game.

That said, I'm personally not a fan of the krosmaga character designs. Not simply because they're too tooney, as I honestly think that in and of itself would be fine, but I don't like THAT.

Also, yeah, the females very much need more diversity. I think a giant hulky female iop could be amazing.

bohemia|2016-05-01 14:37:44
What do you think if we went in this artistic direction with future content for our MMOs?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!????
Please, please, please, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ph34r
Naked Osa who has her ******** and ****** only covered only by small tatoes, not a single piece of clothing, not even a leaf or w.e. ? Srs ? sad

Saw the later controversy on this post. I don't think that's an osa...................Osas have tails, not wings, horns, not headpieces, and while they do have a dramatically different art between wakfu/dofus.... this fits neither.

Frankly that looks more like something along the lines of a forest nymph, which honestly that artwork seems to fit very well (why would they wear clothes? they're frikkin' spirits! even depictions in mythology don't clothe them)

Do I think it looks great? not really. I think the gobball looks like something from a block stacking mini game, and the character does seem a bit offputting, even disregarding the sexual aspect (which i'm personally not even against)

do posts automerge here? I can't remember. oops. oh well if it's a double post.
0 0

Of course its not based on badass things. And of course everybody has their opinion. But i loved the more serious characters pictures. Just look at the 1.29 female sram picture or portrait), or any other ones. Personally i prefer these, and i meant badass this way. Ankama should change their way towards it. Unless they want 10 years old playerbase. Personally i don't play this game for years, but i did not find any other game with the world like this

0 0
Score : 1542

This artwork and the age of the playerbase don't correlate. This is something I would see in a Pegi 12 game. One of the reasons I love Dofus is because (most) of the community is almost my age, give or take, 16+.

0 0
Score : 7696

I think it's partially cultural. Even action-oriented and heroic comics and cartoons in France (and, to some extent, Europe) generally have what Americans would consider a more cartoony art style, and often a humorous tone.

Not to say that there aren't French cartoons and comics that look like American comic books or Japanese manga, but it's more often the case that they're downright goofy-looking by American standards. For example, there's a well-known French comic about a super-strong badass who can take on entire armies with his bare hands and win. What would you expect such a character to look like? A nine foot tall muscle man in black armor with a perpetual scowl? How about a skinny three foot tall guy with a big nose? There's also a comic set in the old west about a cowboy who is so badass that he's literally faster than his own shadow. Are you picturing a young Clint Eastwood, grizzled and angry? How about Inspector Gadget in a cowboy hat instead?

So, yeah, this new art style (and the current art style, for that matter) is right along those same comedic-badass lines, albeit with a 2010s twist. (And, bear in mind, the original in-game art style of Dofus was about 95% based around a complete lack of detail. It's not that the original player character designs were supposed to be serious-looking, it's that they barely looked like anything at all - no faces, thick lines, flat colors - and people filled in the details with their own imagination)

... all that said, however, the images shown are expressly said to be for Krosmaga, not Dofus.

1 0
Score : 2508

I too, was thinking about Asterix/Lucky Luke. I think Schmendrick makes an incredibly important point, about the old lack of detail of in-game character models. Faces especially used to be revealed as fairly empty if you zoomed in on them, which allowed people to subconsciously decide for themselves what their character actually looked like. To be fair, I'm sure this wasn't intentional.
With better quality graphics, faces needed to be in line with everything else, and so eventually they added new face types for each class/gender, which allows players to connect with their characters in the same fashion.

I'm not sure about that style for Dofus..somehow I feel it's not quite -right-, that characters designed that way just don't really fit in the game environment. Which is not to say I dislike them.. and I actually really like that sort of nymph model, the one that everyone thinks is an Osa for some reason. Honestly to me it looks less like a bodysuit and more like the markings that Jiva is portrayed with (heck the horns are similar too).
I think those models would suit a game like Dofus Arena (RIP old dofus arena, BEST music Click here more than Dofus.

0 0

I did not say anything about the character details. I wrote about their looks. I mean, sram is an evil character. Yet ankama make a doll. If evilish (is it a word?) things doesnt fit into the game world, then why are the gods drawings are evil? I would be happy aswell, if the characters would be more detailed, but id rather play with a badass looking character, than an iop which looks like a balloon. Also i dont get why all female characters has to be nearly nude. Its pointless except if the target is to have 12 old players fap to them

0 0
Score : 631

I don't know what game you're playing. None of the Gods are depicted in an 'evil' way.

1 0

Particularly with their redesigns. Sram now looks like a giant puppy-spider, complete with tongue hanging out, wearing a skull-shaped facemask. When Srambad was released with that new design, people complained that he doesn't look evil enough. But Sram is the god of stealth and deceit, not of evil. If he were truly evil, he wouldn't be allowed to be one of the Twelve. (That's why Rushu - the demon, not the server - is not allowed to become The Thirteenth) He's not a nice god, but none of them really are. They're like the Greek gods in the original myths, coming across as mostly callous and uncaring rather than good or evil.

Also, while some female characters are skimpily dressed, it's not even close to "all female characters are nearly nude". (In fact, the female Eniripsa is wearing more than ever in that new art style, with a full Tinkerbell-like dress, compared to the bikini they used to have in 1.xx and the bikini top and miniskirt in 2.xx. Female Cras and Ecaflips have likewise gotten more modest over the years, with the Cra getting a longer top to cover her exposed underboob and the Ecaflip remembering to button her shirt closed. And female Osamodas, Fecas, Enutrofs, Huppermages, Foggernauts, Masqueraiders, and Eliotropes have barely any skin showing at all, except maybe their legs. The female classes that are the least dressed, particularly Sadida and Sacrier, have male counterparts that are also skimpily dressed)

0 0
ForceOfTheAronDragon|2016-05-05 18:40:35
Of course its not based on badass things. And of course everybody has their opinion. But i loved the more serious characters pictures. Just look at the 1.29 female sram picture or portrait), or any other ones. Personally i prefer these, and i meant badass this way. Ankama should change their way towards it. Unless they want 10 years old playerbase. Personally i don't play this game for years, but i did not find any other game with the world like this
Finally someone with common sense, that exactly what I mean. The old dofus had characters with DIFFERENT personality and even the gender from each class had their own goal. That's what I mean with badass and I miss this identity of dofus
0 0

... the 1.29 Female Sram portrait? The one holding a broken dagger while rolling her eyes? That's your idea of "badass"?

I mean, yeah, everyone has their own idea of what "badass" is, but I'm surprised that's yours.

Admittedly, the current image isn't that great, because it's a terrible Boobs-n-Butt pose, but she at least looks angry and her daggers aren't broken. (You can tell it's the 2.0 image because her outfit was slightly redesigned with 2.0 - most notably, a slightly larger top)

0 0
YEEART|2016-05-07 01:08:58
I don't know what game you're playing. None of the Gods are depicted in an 'evil' way.
Yes they do example for the osa God is supposed be a demon God, the reason why they have horns and a tail
0 0

No, they have horns and a tail because they're animal-like, and related to dragons. In fact, Osamodas is the god who gave life to the World of the Twelve. (The god Osamodas has gotten a redesign lately, to make that more clear - instead of a mysterious shrouded figure, he's now a blue sphinx with white hair, bull horns, and peacock feathers. Go and look at the Osamodas statue in Astrub if you don't believe me)

0 0

I meant this one: Click here

dunno where did you find that spitball picture

0 0

Google image search. See, Dofus's artstyle has always been silly and cartoony (exept maybe for the earliest images, but those are also the least detailed), and the one I posted was also official artwork for the 1.29 female Sram.

But even so, I don't see how a picture of an angry woman in a hood and mask is any more "badass" than ... a picture of an angry woman in a hood and mask.

0 0

I agree with you that the current one is enough aswell. And i did not say that my problem is the cartoonish drawings. My problem is the babydoll style. But i can't really change things because my "needs" and your ones are different and as currently non-player, my opinion is weightless

0 0
Schmendrick|2016-05-07 17:31:44
No, they have horns and a tail because they're animal-like, and related to dragons. In fact, Osamodas is the god who gave life to the World of the Twelve. (The god Osamodas has gotten a redesign lately, to make that more clear - instead of a mysterious shrouded figure, he's now a blue sphinx with white hair, bull horns, and peacock feathers. Go and look at the Osamodas statue in Astrub if you don't believe me)
Ya you mean like wakfu?, pff the only two design that are way too terrible drawed and the idea of the future rustic dofus, (wakfu). Are osa,foggernaut
0 -2

I'm not talking about Wakfu. I'm talking about the statue, in Astrub, in Dofus. (Osamodas is less blue there, and has a single pointed tail rather than the multiple peacock-feather-like tails, but still - he is the god of animals and of life itself)

And Osamodas has always been associated with Dragons. Each of the six Primordial Dofus came from the offspring of one of his three dragon companions (Helioboros the white dragon, Ouronigride the black dragon and Spiritia the elemental dragon).

Osamodas is not some horrible evil demon who wants to destroy the World of the Twelve; on the contrary, he created all life, light, and magic on the world, and gave the Dofus to it. He's often considered the most powerful of the Twelve for that reason. He's not evil just because he has horns and a tail.

It helps to know the lore.

2 -1
Respond to this thread