FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Some questions regarding the character to account service

By Rancidrode - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - May 07, 2016, 18:31:08

Feel free to move this if it's in the wrong section.

I saw the character to account transfer service and it's abit unclear to me on certain aspects.

1) If I use this service to transfer my character to a newly created account using the service, will I keep the community the old account has ( currently English community ) or will I use my IP's community ( my IP is from Belgium so a Dutch community )? I made this old account when there were no such things as IP blocks, so this would be a genuine question.

2) It's unclear to me if you just transfer to the same server, or if you can choose a server within your community ? Because the FAQ says something along the lines of "You can only transfer to servers within the same community".

Thanks in advance !

0 0
First Ankama intervention

If you buy this service and make use of the option to create a brand-new account, the profile information from the original account will be copied onto the new account - Community included. Which means both accounts will share the same Community.

I fully agree that the FAQ is quite unclear on this second point. However, as it is not a 'bold' bullet point (whereas all the others are), I am tempted to think it was copied (maybe by accident) from the other character transfer service. It might also be a remainder that this service, as Revil-Nunor puts it, will not let you circumvent Community Restrictions.

When transferring a character between two pre-existing accounts, both accounts need to be in the same Community, and the character ends up in the same server he was in in the original account. So the same should apply to a transfer to a new account. The Community is copied from the original account's profile information, and (despite the FAQ and its disturbing lack of precision) there is no reason to think the server won't be the same as well.

See message in context
Reactions 2
Score : 27358

They won't let you circumvent the community restrictions with any services, you will be limited to accounts in your community as far as I am aware. '

From what the faq says, it sounds like you can pick any server in the community you want.

0 0

If you buy this service and make use of the option to create a brand-new account, the profile information from the original account will be copied onto the new account - Community included. Which means both accounts will share the same Community.

I fully agree that the FAQ is quite unclear on this second point. However, as it is not a 'bold' bullet point (whereas all the others are), I am tempted to think it was copied (maybe by accident) from the other character transfer service. It might also be a remainder that this service, as Revil-Nunor puts it, will not let you circumvent Community Restrictions.

When transferring a character between two pre-existing accounts, both accounts need to be in the same Community, and the character ends up in the same server he was in in the original account. So the same should apply to a transfer to a new account. The Community is copied from the original account's profile information, and (despite the FAQ and its disturbing lack of precision) there is no reason to think the server won't be the same as well.

Respond to this thread