FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

DOFUS Backstage #1: making a DOFUS Boss

By #[Nerodos] - ADMIN - May 27, 2016, 16:00:00
Announcements

Have you ever wondered how do the DOFUS teams come up with all that stuff, time and time again? How do they design an area? Who invents a life for the NPCs? Who animates them, makes them tick? Does Lichen sleep more than a mere hour each day? Well then, the new DOFUS Backstage show is there to answer all your questions! Maybe not that last one, though... 

All that goes on behind the scenes of the DOFUS game will be revealed: that's the promise of DOFUS Backstage!

For this first show, Julien, director of the DOFUS animation department, starts with a very important element in the creation of any new area: the creation of a "sprite".

Wait... what the hell is that?

It's an animated character in your game! It can be an adventurer, an NPC, a monster, or even a Boss. And since we're mentioning it, let's take a look at one: we'll unveil for you the design process of one of the new Bosses you'll be able to meet in the upcoming underwater DOFUS expansion : the Sufokian Abyss!

If you are a fan of H. P. Lovecraft and H. R. Giger, you are going to love this video!

And if you don't know about them yet, we can but invite you to check out their work...

Watch the video, share it, but most importantly, please do not hesitate to tell us what you thought about it on the forums!

We already have other DOFUS Backstage episodes in the works...
Reactions 15
Score : 530

As a game designer myself that was super interesting to watch. I do hope that we get more design centric backstages in the future

0 0
Score : 636

Like Paul said - I'm sorta a game designer (I use RPGMAKER MV) and watching this feels extremely inspiring and heart warming. I can't wait for more.

0 0
Score : 1237

This is interesting to see. Explains why when when you zoom in on a sprite its quality stays the same but the background gets worse.

0 0
Score : 89

Respect incredible craftsmanship!
Do Artists decide what part of monster's body move, how they move, before make monster's figure?

0 0
Score : 312

This was amazing, one of the best things you've ever done to us not directly to the game.

0 0
Score : 74

really cool! go on!

0 0
Score : 17051

Mmm this makes me think of all the scary/interesting things I can make if I ever work at Ankama...

0 0
Score : 480

Will we see the development team as well? How the coding goes, etc.

0 0
Score : 658

Waw great..

0 0
Score : 317

doing what you like is not a good idea, YOLOing as well, in global stuff/games like this one, but whatever, just saying. also so sad to see these all stuff made in 2D :/ make it 3D at least like wakfu please

0 0
Score : 46

Splashing!

0 0
Score : 12

Thanks for the review! Would like to see this kind of videos more often - community manager work, animations of spells etc wink

0 0
Score : 636
Giorgi-Giorgi-123|2016-05-29 21:09:24
doing what you like is not a good idea, YOLOing as well, in global stuff/games like this one, but whatever, just saying. also so sad to see these all stuff made in 2D :/ make it 3D at least like wakfu please
wakfu isn't 3d
0 0
Score : 4644

I'd love to see some source code... Ha, hahaha - HAHAHA, MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

0 0
Score : 559

It's about time Cthulhu appeared in Dofus! Can't wait to see the havoc he causes. I wonder will there be any Sanity related penalties in the boss fight?! biggrin

0 0
Respond to this thread