FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Osamodas Redesign: WIP!

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - June 23, 2016, 16:30:00
DevTracker Announcements
Reactions 211
Score : 3888

This is cool, the images and animations are great especially that transformation to a dragon. Wow! HOWEVER I can't help notice, the transformation for tofu, that sprites mid-section looks just like that raw whole chicken roasting in my oven. laugh

0 0
Score : 683

WOOOOOOOO!

I so excited for this update! Seeing as this is supposedly coming to pass in September (subject to change, of course). Thank you Dofus for the unintentional birthday present! Yay!

0 0
Score : 119

Wakfu Osamodas in Dofus without the pokemon style pets. Interesting to say the least.

0 0
Score : 888

Really kind of disappointed with this choice of direction of the osamodas. Never enjoyed wakfu's dragon Osa, always struck me as gimmicky and not true to what a summoner should be in my opinion. Would have preferred them to buff the summons and make the osas damage spells interact with their summons like what wakfu's fire osa does. Already remade my osa into an eni and now I doubt I'll be changing back. Redoing the osa shouldn't be difficult, the community has given countless simple fixes that would have made the osa great, but I feel like there trying to be too flashy and convoluted, looking at you xelor.

0 0
Score : 90

R.I.P my Osa 2016 he will be missed
he is a cha osa

0 0
Score : 4512

I don't like it QQ I also don't like the Wakfu Osa... :L

Also, "As for the "Spiritual Leash" spell... we aren't changing that one, oh no, it’s already perfect as it is!"

top kek

0 -1
Score : 74

Nope.

Also, that sprite redesign is hideous.

2 0
Score : 23

Humm, interesting. I hope our summons get to matter again, anyone can H.K them with weapons nowadays.

0 0
Score : 737

I can't help but think that those people against Osas revamp are Iops/Ecas/etc that want some slave to buff them so they can hit harder.

I refuse to believe that a real main Osa accepts the role of a slave, a role with no purpose that requires no thinking, a role of nothing. Because that's what Osas are right now.

0 0
Score : 23

Also, I wonder if we weill be able to fuse with bworks, boar, prespic and cracklers too, that would be cool. You fuse with the crackler and instantly become a tank/hitter.

1 0
Score : 112

what do you guys want?

if i read all the comments , all i see is ppl crying .

so you rather want to keep playin a boring a** full resistance osa who spams monsters and cant do anything but buffing others , than playin an osa that actually can

fusion with a summon +even control summons .

youll even get a lot of dmg spells .

these summons will be able to acutally live more than 1turn , and they will be useful in dungeons .

this revamp is great , as an osa player since 2008 im super happy to see this kind of revamp

1 0
Score : 3213

I also really hope that tofu, gobball and wyrmling won't be the only summons. I'd miss the other ones.

Looking forward to hearing more as September draws nearer.

0 0
Score : 1190

finally after 8 years, 3 visits to Ankama and zillion hours of Game play Osa is being Vamped, anything you guys are making is cool, as long as i can keep my Tail and get that boost to be part of the High class gameplay that we so look forward to. ps 11th september would be a good day to release would be best B-party everrrrrrrrrrrr smile

0 0
Score : 6098

@Magnanium: You won't even *have* those summons, apparently. It looks like it will be just those 3 summons (probably changed to be more powerful).

My personal concerns with this are:
1- How much better will those summons be? The more limited number of them means they have to be more powerful.
2-Will the offensive spells have buffing functions? Because 5 spells per element (assuming it's summon and 4 damaging spells) and 5 support spells (2 of which are more for the osa's use, and one is leash) means that there are only 2 support spells. Unless there is a massive unification of those, I really hope osa damaging spells can buff allies, since that's kind of their main function right now, and from what was said on the post, osas won't have a unique function post revamp. Unique design, maybe, but not a function they would shine at.

0 0
Score : 213

Why...

Was looking forward/interested in the revamp, then I saw this unnecessary thought, which sent the osa revamp to the grave for me.
1 0
Score : 360

Hopefully they'll be Harpooner level powerful.
To be honest, Summon based Osamodas are already stronger than Buff Based Osamodas.
2 AP, 30 Damage, and 100 power to an iop for 2 turns gives it maybe 800 extra damage. If the Iop uses that AP (which it might not). Conversely, a Dopple with 4 AP, 60 Damage, and 300 Power will deal close to 1k damage a turn, along with buffing allies with Bear Cry. The Dopple will continue to output damage until its killed or the fight is over, making it a valuable investment.
I wouldn't shed a tear if ally-buffing abilities were completely stripped from the class. It deludes too many players into being a buff-bot instead of embracing the class' theme, Summoning.

0 0
Score : 479

I dont think Osamodas will only have 3 summons, I'm gonna guess they only recreated 3 of them to fit with the mechanics. Let's hope they add more summons x)

0 0
Score : 660

Love this! The gobball/osamodas transformation looks a bit strange though, would be better if it's head was woollen rather than triangular.

0 0
Score : 21930
plastini|2016-06-23 19:07:13

It looks interesting..

however, Spiritual Leash is nothing but garbage
While that may be the case for the most part - it's currently a bandage until we get the class spell over to the hospital where they can sew it up properly...
...Is thee analogy I'll be using. (Also epic gif is epic.)

Edit : Speaking of WIP -- as long as we can still Whip.

Edit x2: okay now I convinced myself that we could use a pony horse summon.
-Cato
1 0
Score : 506

I liked the idea I was kicking around long ago for osas, If a Gob summon crits, you'd get a War Gob Chief an such. Or back when the strange *summons items began to drop.
If you collected 1,000 of them, you could exchange it for a Summon spell of the same monster it summons.
You know the drops the ones many people just waste, summoned crackrock, summoned treech, summoned... Not like they will actually help you since they die quickly. (But it was my old Idea I was kicking around, which no one seemed to like.)

0 0
Respond to this thread