By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

First ISK...

By #[Nerodos] - ADMIN - July 11, 2016, 16:30:00
Announcements
Reactions 56
Score : 1181

Jk, I might just gear up some low lvl chars for pvp. Might be fun! Good move Ankama!

0 0
Score : 682

How would players cope with language barriers for strategising tactics? Imagine getting matched up with a randomer from another server, and you're both trying to figure gameplay in both English and French... or is this not how it will work?

0 0
Score : 7463

I believe this is why they created the pinging system, where you can hold down alt to indicate attacks on targets

0 0
capslok|2016-07-15 20:06:10
I believe this is why they created the pinging system, where you can hold down alt to indicate attacks on targets
How will you tell them to summon something? You click on a random cell, and foreign team mate is confused, whether it's a trap, run over there, summon something, attack invisible target... etc. It's too tricky.
0 0
Score : 3380
natliraren|2016-07-13 19:27:20
600tokens per win? Now that I call Worth my Time. Today I can get more pebbles by doing daily kama quests and than participating in kolo to get the pebbles directly.

It wasnt intended. The servers were brought offline for a fix and then the kolo crashed. There are frequent disconnects and crashes as well.
0 0
Score : 112

Its a pity to see how Ankama cares so little about drawing/keeping new players in the game; just about everything they do seems to be for end game players. Not to mention their lack of attention at international servers. They seem to rather target the relatively few potential french players in contrast to all the players they could attract from rest of the world. Dofus is likely going to eventually die out at this rate.

0 0
Score : 274
shadow-partner|2016-07-16 04:15:38
Its a pity to see how Ankama cares so little about drawing/keeping new players in the game; just about everything they do seems to be for end game players. Not to mention their lack of attention at international servers. They seem to rather target the relatively few potential french players in contrast to all the players they could attract from rest of the world. Dofus is likely going to eventually die out at this rate.

While I agree with the second part of your statement, I think it was a reasonable move from Ankama to get the most reliable feedback in the least amount of time, so us, "foreigners" can enjoy ISK as well.
0 0
Score : 2410

Little too late :/

1 0
Score : 3132

Relatively few French players? huh I've heard it's the biggest mmorpg in France and has millions of players there. I doubt the international community will ever be able to compete with its popularity in France.

0 0
Score : -5670

Well, gg to all PvP-ers, your dreams are soon to become true. smile

What I fear, for the small servers, is that population will continue to decrease cuz of this: PvP players might migrate even more to more populated servers for better/ easier access to HL gear, to sustain their PvP habits.

I can only hope that the following step of this will be the ISM = Interservers Markets, for both gear and resources, that would make it a bit more fair for people from small servers to compete against people from bigger servers.

(Tho the people from more populated servers might still have better aces in their sleeves, since they can always (find a group and) farm the mats directly for the gear they need.)

But I do fear that both ISK and eventual future ISM (Interserver Markets) might come a bit too late, already way too many people have quieted Dofus and it seems like the game is not at its peak with regards to new waves of brand new fresh players.

Maybe the ultimate solution is the one presented below, and the sooner Amkana recognizes it has a problem and acts, the more players would be "saved" for Dofus/ or even new ones might come?

0 -3

So... would we (as English-speaking players) get matched up with French people from French Servers or even International? Or could we have an option to limit getting matched up with English-speaking teammates? It would be important since not everyone can speak English nor French, and gameplay would be ruined when we can't even communicate properly, but look up Google Translate...

0 0
Score : 1410

I aggree that server merge would solve alot of problems, but if this will happen, one new problem will occur. The amount of French players if ALOT higher than any other language. If all servers merged, this would just become a french game, people from tother countries have to play dofus in french in order to understand french people when they are selling items ( using french names )

Just have a look at the beta server, /r and /b are flooded with french people talking... good luck selling or recruiting in English because they will not understand you anyways.

First time I played beta, I thought there was a new Dofus called: Pourple Dofus...
Seems like its french for Crimson dofus....

In my opinion, the best thing would be to keep french servers separated from others. Merge all non-french servers to one big server and let everyone speak english only as a rule... only this way we can avoid further dying of the Dofus community

0 0
Score : 7457

Server merging (if it was done) wouldn't be done between regions; it would be international servers merging, Spanish servers merging, German servers etc.

0 0
Score : 658

Please do this for Solar! biggrin

0 0
Score : 227
xXx-sarah-xXx|2016-07-17 19:20:12
Please do this for Solar! biggrin
Haha yeah, Solar does need some help.
0 -1
Score : 821

Long time PvPer here: I planned to return for ISK after quitting 2 years ago.

And now that it's here, I don't find Dofus that tempting anymore.

It's just too late.

Real life & other games have replaced Dofus for me.

0 0
Score : -5670

Ahhhhhh !!!! Communication with the customers !!!! Ahhhh!!!!!

It looks like they're more updates about the ISK on the French forums Click here than on the English forums Click here ....

More French servers will join ISK, starting today:
- Jiva
- Lily
- Menalt
- Ombre .

0 -3
Score : 3380

Ombre is Shadow btw, the International perma-death in PvM server.

1 0
Score : 2799
Leduruk|2016-07-20 02:50:40
Long time PvPer here: I planned to return for ISK after quitting 2 years ago.

And now that it's here, I don't find Dofus that tempting anymore.

It's just too late.

Real life & other games have replaced Dofus for me.

I have been saying for some time that a good idea needs to be implemented at the right time (read: early enough) to maximise impact. A lot of the excitement with ISK has been tarnished by the length of time it has taken for it to launch.

Yes, ISK can still have a positive impact in Dofus (especially for the French community). However, I doubt that it can do much for the small International Servers. Two years ago ISK could have saved them. Today, it will take a lot more than ISK to pump life into them.
2 -1
Score : 7808

I agree with Winter. ISK could've helped keep populations on smaller servers, but as it is they are so depleted that what is needed is something to draw players to them

2 0
Respond to this thread