FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Let's get wild: the 2.36 Beta server is open!

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - August 31, 2016, 16:15:00
Announcements
Reactions 178
Score : 788

I was just joking around, please don't take that too seriously. I am still being seriously disappointed with the removal of the chance builds, but it's not like they will listen to us anyway.

0 0
Score : 6098

I wasn't referring only to you, I was just pointing out that even if tofus have less damage now, they have infinite utility now as well. I sort of just realized that, but tofu form osa is now the best map manipulator in the game. All you need is to spam all of the tofus you can, and *maybe* give them AP. Precise map manipulation and can do it to multiple targets with little to no risk. It's just...mind boggling how good it will be, and I saw absolutely no one even mentioning that possibility.

As for chance osas...it's not that they won't hear us. It's that they won't hear the incredibly small minority that wants chance osas to continue, versus the vast majority that wants air osas to be a thing. Plus, it makes sense (lock/dodge and all) and it's way too late for them to try to include a chance osa. There's no time.

However, I don 't see anything stopping you from being chance still.

Why? For starters, in my entire time on beta, I must have spent at most 40 AP hitting enemies. 40 AP in several fights. Summons can do all the job nicely and easily, and you can just support them and be effective. I've been playing like this to prove a point to Gunner: the revamp made summoning viable and much better.

Yeah, you lose some of the bonuses you'd pass through fusion...but then again, there are hybrid sets for that, and so chance parts also give +heals (for some reason). Since the +damage and +heals parts get passed down more prominently than stats...yeah, you'll be fine if you get a nice set.

And finally...I'm certain you are not chance for the damage. In that case, you're chance for the PP. And again...that's perfectly fine. You don't really need the other stats. You don't really need to hit. You just need to be a summoning mastermind. The summons are good enough on their own. Black wyrms heal decently, so you should be fine there, as long as you have nice +heals. So...yeah, you don't even need to quit being chance. Just grab a good chance bow/wand and you're good to go, with maybe a couple of set adjustments for more summons or heals.

Edit: forgot that tofus can only swap with allies. Still, second best map manipulator.

0 0
Score : 128

I've been on beta back and forward trying different builds etc and overall I think its pretty awesome and at this point I have no idea how I am gonna build my osa up once it is implemented but thats ok smile

BUT ....the family restriction on summons is a crummy idea...throwing out secondary summons to be used a resource makes things more tactical and strategic.....get it sorted ankama.....for all other changes ..I applaud you smile

**and yes the animal healing "nerf" was fair I reckon**

One last thing ...what is peoples ideas around the viability of the gobb fusion ...making the osa a "tank"....we get 85% dam received bonus and poc is cool that it doesn't hit summons but is it enough??...I mean to put yourself in harms way in epic level pvm and pvp you better be sure your carrying some serious defence or packing some serious firepower.......is it enough?.....Im not sure...just a thought.

On the whole gj Ankama...keep tweaking it ...we will get there smile 

0 0
Score : 6098

All summons het the damage reduction. And since black gob was tanking I believe yokai snofoux (the one that hits over 1k every turn) for several turns before dying, and dying mostly out of erosion...yeah, gob form is pretty good. Also, attracting stuff.

0 0
Score : 737

Yes yes, Tofus still gain dmg, my Beta wasn't right.
Tofus can't lock anything now, that's fine for the Black Tofu but I don't like it for fatty Tofu, he is melee summon and should be able to lock something.

But the real issue remains, the summoning restriction, it HAS to go. 

0 0
Score : 702

So far, I'm pretty happy with most of the recent changes. We really needed the change. I agree with most of you guys with respect to the family restriction. Like Sieg said: "it HAS to go". I understand that the new summons could be a bit overwhelming to some players and that something needed to be done about it. So, if they really need to limit the amount of summons that we can use per turn then, why not limit it to two Summon Spells per turn instead of having the family restriction?

0 0

Exactly,that would be reasonable.
Less spam but we'd still be able to play tactically.

0 0
Score : 15

I am still broadly a supporter of the changes. However, not only have they imposed a restriction on the number of summons cast in a turn - maybe ok (in line with a restriction Fecas have on one glyph per turn) but they have significantly reduced the health the summons have. So, the argument that Osas are summons based is a developing into a nonsense: reduce the amount we can summon per turn, reduce the health of a summons and we still have a useless spell like spiritual leash. Go figure.

[I remain convinced no one is paying a bit of attention - unless of course, someone commits a minor infraction of some rule on quoting a post.] 

0 0
Score : -4051
philoso-phia|2016-09-14 15:37:07
[I remain convinced no one is paying a bit of attention - unless of course, someone commits a minor infraction of some rule on quoting a post.]

You seem to forget you are posting on the English Forums! tongue
Our community, posts and rules are special! tongue

PS 1 : I still haven't tried beta, but from what I'm reading on forums, I don't think I like a lot of the stuff about the future newly revamped Osa. mellow

PS 2: I still want my class reset free orb, cuz I am not a huge fan of most of these changes, especially since they are so radical. :wacko:

PS 3 : If you want your voice to be heard, I suggest you go read & post on the French forums. happy 
0 -3
bohemia|2016-09-14 16:01:54
PS 1 : I still haven't tried beta, but from what I'm reading on forums, I don't think I like a lot of the stuff about the future newly revamped Osa. mellow
You should though.

It's nice to get other peoples opinion and etc but you should ''feel'' it yourself,you might like it.

I don't think it is bad. but as I said in my 1st post, the work isn't done yet.
0 0
Score : 4449
DatsuLee|2016-09-14 14:16:46
So, if they really need to limit the amount of summons that we can use per turn then, why not limit it to two Summon Spells per turn instead of having the family restriction?
That makes sense to me.
0 0
Score : 24

Guys when update 2.36?

1 0
Score : -8

Ye.. There should be osamodas class summons limit(2 per turn).

0 0
Score : -1931
jiega|2016-09-15 11:38:35
Guys when update 2.36?
After thee weeks of test, probably next Tuesday, September 20.
3 -4
Score : 702

I noticed two things on beta today:

1. For some reason whenever I'm on the Tofu Form and I try to switch to another transformation, the ilustration on the timeline doesn't change. For example if I'm on Tofu Mode and Switch to Dragon Mode, my character on the board displays correctly but on the timeline I still show up in Tofu mode. Same thing happens to me when I change from Gob Form to Dragon Form.

2. If I'm on Tofu Mode and I finish a fight (by killing a monster) for some reason my character appears off the mount and I have to re-equip it.
0 0

Display bug,should be fixed by the time it goes Live.

They've improved the Summon Control spell, now it's 1-9 range with no LoS,pretty amazing if you ask me laugh
Only thing that bugs me is the family restriction thing.. just make it 2summons/turn and I'm fairly sure all Osas but Gunner will be happy.

0 0
Score : 788

No chance built, so I'm most certainly not happy about it.

0 0

A cute kitten to make you feel better wub
0 0
Score : 3158

That is good to hear, but I have mixed feelings about ankama not doing what they need to do by themselves while relying on random players doing it for free...

0 0
Respond to this thread