FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Update 2.36: Available now!

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - September 20, 2016, 10:30:00
Announcements
Reactions 161
Score : 763

Is there any way to go back to the old interface. The new one is unplayable in combat and trying to do anything interactive. Can we please go back to the old interface somehow???
Using Multiple accounts is now impossible.

0 0
Score : 631

Isn't the Spanish 1.29 server dying out, and begging for updates or something? At least that's what I read sometime ago.

What I'm trying to say is: get out of this nostalgia phase already. 1.29 wasn't as good as some people thought it was, and Ankama updating the game isn't killing it. Time is killing it, like the way how time kills everything else.

@ForceOfTheAronDragon

People have been asking for 16:9 for God knows how long. This update isn't "unwanted"; the same goes to the Osamodas revamp as well. The UI revamp is up in air.

0 0
Score : 1802
Nerd-Tease|2016-09-21 12:10:01
Perhaps I could have worded it better. The update feels unfinished. Many of the changes are good changes, but it is jarring to see things such as untranslated interfaces in what is supposedly a finished update. Not being able to actively compare the stats of items in the markets was actually something that was partially fixed,but the method of doing so could be described as a hassle compared to how it was done before. The map does look worse than before, and it is less usable, but that one is an aesthetics discussion that is ultimately subjective in nature.

There are also certain things were the turn timer does not convey the remaining time accurately, text sizes not adapting to screens (which is actually something really easy to solve if you just give the players direct control over font size) Certain interfaces feel small because they cannot be scaled, only moved.

Like I said before, my larger issue with the update is that it seems to have been rushed and pushed before it was ready, not that it was updated.

To say the EN community is unimportant may be true in the current state of things, but it is not an attitude any company looking to grow should ever take. The lack of professionalism from Ankama here is actually less jarring than the players defending them for it. Translations should not be considered an afterthought for a game that is international.

I think I can understand how you would feel its unfinished and at a length I concur, solely on the basis of the translations.

I guess to each his own on the appearance of the world/mini map. I feel its a vast improvement over the previous one.

100% agree on the text, I too wish we could adjust the text across the whole client, not sure if this is technically viable though, then again, I didn't think resizable/moveable UI was either.

I didn't mean to say that the EN community was not important period, just in that very specific regard when it comes to translations, I probably could have worded that better, I don't feel our community is unimportant, the attention were getting with Comic Con and the Steam arrival are a testament to that, I just meant to say that EN community isn't the FR community, they allocate more recourses towards that community and for good reason, its huge, but its of mutual benefit to us that they have a healthy relationship with their own community because we receive quite a bit from the games success there.

Izmar|2016-09-21 12:17:06
Quick FYI, the patch notes have been available since yesterday: Click here
I stand corrected, thanks for pointing that out Izmar.
0 0
Score : 541

Did you intentionally didn't read that I said "dofus 1.29 with better graphics".

Where did I say about the Spanish private server. Please don't turn inside out my words because I hate it

0 0
Score : -4141
Izmar|2016-09-21 09:48:12
That's true, but we are planning to release DOFUS on Steam for the US before the end of the year. Releasing WAKFU on Steam brought in a substantial influx of new players, and we wanted to make sure that DOFUS has a fresh, modern UI to appeal to what we hope will be a whole lot of new DOFUS friends when they arrive. =)

If releasing Dofus on Steam for the US before the end of the year is the plan, then me and many others are more than curious about ... what Dofus will be selling on Steam? Booster packs? Containing what? Will boosters give + xp/ + drops, Heroes, or ... ? Will Dofus remain P2P? Or it is in plans to get it F2P? What will it change about Dofus when it hits Steam?

And why will Dofus be released on Steam only for US? I mean, US is huge, but the rest of the countries all together is even huger, if it can be said so. So why not an international release on Steam? 
0 -2
Score : 631
ForceOfTheAronDragon|2016-09-21 17:25:26
Did you intentionally didn't read that I said "dofus 1.29 with better graphics".

Where did I say about the Spanish private server. Please don't turn inside out my words because I hate it
That's kinda awkward. Read what you said completely wrong. I apologize.

I'm still confused what you were trying to say with that statement though.
0 0
Score : 279

I like the update my main problem is the lag. Ill post more on this subject later.

0 0
Score : 385

still no word on the change of the rygurgal monsters' resistances. With not a single negative resistance, that is a lot of damage gone. I have no clue how duo will be possible since we've lost at least 20% of our former damage. I'm just hoping they forgot to put the minus in front of the monsters' weakest resistance.

0 0
Score : 31

also for dumb people who wantet 16:9 you have always been able to press ctrl + f
wich make the game go full screen problem solved no need for this bs................

0 0
Score : 1333

I cant wait till i can play dofus again!!! I am looking forward to see the new changes! biggrin Shame i can't log in though.

0 0
Score : 9

This update make me remember old Dofus before many many years, when some updates were infested with bugs. I did not expected to experience that again.

Besides new ugly black interface with extremely small main bar, which is not possible to enlarge and weirdly redone Osa (why Osa need 3 different spells just for killing ITS OWN summons? :blink: ) - thus things which I can maybe get used to it, that terrible bugs are intolerable. How is possible that it was released in such unfinished stage? (For example my Osa is not playable because it completly freezes during fight and its not even possible to LOG OUT, I must close whole window. On other side my Foggernaut is perfectly fine so it's problem with my computer.) Was this update really tested? Patching game breaking bugs during next few months is not how things work. That will hardly lure new players.

If so many players wanted 16:9, how can this satisfy them? It is not real 16:9, playing area is still same. So players just wanted picture instead black sidebars? That could be solved more easily without so many additional problems biggrin

0 0
Score : 25911
AceFirstCavalry|2016-09-21 20:22:10
If so many players wanted 16:9, how can this satisfy them? It is not real 16:9, playing area is still same. So players just wanted picture instead black sidebars? That could be solved more easily without so many additional problems biggrin
The play area might still be the same, but the sidebar functionality is improved since I can now move my various interface on the sidebars.
0 0
Score : 2114
Gunnerwolfang|2016-09-21 20:29:09
The play area might still be the same, but the sidebar functionality is improved since I can now move my various interface on the sidebars.
What a game changer..
0 0
Score : 385

I think a lot during fights, the thinking takes up quite a lot of my turn. In the previous interface the time remaining for my turn was clearly visible in the view even while looking at the fight, so I was able to hurry up when I noticed, also giving the 5 second countdown. Now the turn duration display is so far from the fight that I need to go out of my way to see a rough duration of my turn, I now often have my turn end while thinking because I can't even notice the turn duration.

0 0
Score : 195
MrFlamez|2016-09-22 01:10:39
Gunnerwolfang|2016-09-21 20:29:09
What a game changer..

This is literally something that people playing have been asking for since I started playing when Shika first opened. When I say literally, I mean that this is exactly what we have wanted for years.

I really like the update smile Although I have to say that I haven't personally seen anything bad from it like the lag that people are complaining about, or my character hasn't frozen or anything bad like that, I can see why they are irritated, and I would be too.

My only two problems with it would have to be the advanced chat tabs (which I HATE sad ), and the hover over to see item stats thing. It says ctrl+click to open stat window for items, but it doesn't work for me, it's my hope that its intended to let you open as many item windows as you want like in wakfu, thats one of the things about that game that I like more than Dofus so would be great smile

EDIT: omg I feel like an idiot. It wasn't shift click it was just click. If you hover over an item and literally press shift on your keyboard the item tooltip opens up, and you can do it with multiple ones to compare items, unsure if I was the only one that didn't realise this...xD This is the exact thing I wanted, woo! \o/
1 0
Score : 829

Ankama is trying to rebuild classes in order to make all of them equally powerful.

What I feel is that one by one they're making classes stronger, and that' it.

Before was the turn for xelor, then aniripsas, now it's the turn for osamodas.

Ecaflip were ok.

This is deliberate, and it kills the fun of the game. All the grinding to get to the final and ultimate stage of the game for what? Now shitty osamodas can screw everyone over... bah.

Think before doing please.

0 0
Score : 15

What on earth are you talking about? How does making the classes equal kill the fun of the game? Maybe only if you had one of the classes that were considered stronger and now you have to work for your wins?

0 0
Score : 177

Hello,

the transition to 16:9 is just great - but please bring back the old icons and themes. There are so many teething-problems with the UI right now, you should really have let it in beta-status for a few weeks/months (?) longer. I mean, i don't even know where to start with reporting UI-issues... This is a huge downer for the current gameplay, because the new Osa and fake 16:9-ratio are really cool.

0 0
Score : 188

My update keeps freezing at 94% ....

0 0
Score : 829
philoso-phia|2016-09-22 09:52:30
What on earth are you talking about? How does making the classes equal kill the fun of the game? Maybe only if you had one of the classes that were considered stronger and now you have to work for your wins?

I'm enutrof, it was quite ok before, it's still ok now. Osamodas are simply game changers right now.
Exaggerate healing power, extraordinary game control. Too much imho.
0 0
Respond to this thread