FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

DOFUS 1.29

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - October 25, 2016, 14:00:00
Announcements
Reactions 120
Score : 152

Thank you Izmar. Also make sure you're on Eratz when you play, since it seems like all the english speakers are going there.

0 0
Score : 8

Danggit, I pciked Henual sad 

0 0
Score : 11362

This may be a helpful tip for people struggling to get it to play in a browser. Go to the Flash download site here: Click here

Click on "Download the Flash Player projector" (the appropriate one for your OS).

Go into your Dofus 1.29 folder, and open "loader.swf" in the Flash Player application/executable you just downloaded.

You may also have to set the Dofus 1.29 folder as a Trusted Application / Trusted Location in Flash

That's how I used to play it in Ye Olden Days, and it still works now.

(There's a reason that Ankama went with a single self-contained Adobe Air program instead of having all these Flash files scattered about, and you're looking at it now)

1 0
Score : 1760
xelor4eto|2016-10-25 18:20:30
Am i the only on who agrees with Ankama that Dofus is better now than in the past? I know it was fun to kill cracklers all day and crying of joy when i reached lv30... but... it was fun until one moment.. now it is just boring without the good gear the grat challenges and so on..

I don't think anybody really feels 1.29 is better than 2.0 (at its core its still the same game), its just what nostalgia and growing pains demand right now. Opening up the 1.29 servers will probably help those who are experience them. I agree that 1.29 was fun at the time because it was all there was and when 2.0 came out it was such a big change/improvement, I guess some people are still reeling from it. Most will appreciate the effort and relive the old days for a bit but ultimately they'll return to the present, hopefully with a renewed sense of perspective on our current era.
0 0
Score : 795

Actually, I think that this smoother transition in leveling has actually become the major part of the problem. Most gamers are kinda lazy and want to level-up as fast as they can. Nowadays you can level-up so fast, that people just skip over all the low level content, straight to level 100+. I've been seeing this countless times as I was making new characters on a server myself where I just skipped over the early levels so quickly that I just didn't really mind to explore the content around those levels. Once I was past them, these contents were not valuable enough for me to explore as a higher level player. I still do them mostly, but I mostly do it just for the achievements which in turn levels me even faster.

The old version might have had slower leveling, but it helped to keep people at the same level and rather explore the content of their level along with other players who still lingered at that level. I know especially days that you were just hunting kaningers with a group of people who were around the same level of you and perhaps 1 high leveled character who had a sub in the group. And because the 1 high leveled character couldn't always fully kill the group by himself, you had to participate in the fight as well. Your group would even consider taking on some harder mobs of 6 kaningers as a challenger for the sweet experience, and you would all have to do your spells and pass quickly because otherwise you would hold-up others. All the while you were being social with eachother because you couldn't leave your screen while you were still alive. Those were the most memorable moments. This is also why I sometimes wonder if there isn't a way you could just reset everything and actually find ways to encourage that gameplay back then.

I think the real problem is that the devs make the game too easy for you to grind and be lazy. I understand that it seems very logical. The gamers want the game to be easy and fast. The devs give that to them because it makes the players happy. While of course I would be very happy as a player if I can level up quicker, because we are lazy. I do enjoy having a little walk to level 200 and get to feel all those sweet rewards for doing it.

But because of that, you take parts of the challenge out of the game. And I understand very well that it feels so contradictory that a actual slow, challenging game makes them happy, because it doesn't. They get irritated because it feels so slow, they get angered because the boss was too hard and it takes such a long time to reach the level where you can beat him and finally they get driven by all this rage of not being able to just easily walk through it. They feel enraged and challenged to level up to finally being able to beat the crap out of that boss. And along the way you find other people having the same struggles and you decide to work toghether. And when you finally beat it, that is the moment where you feel happy.

You can either just give them the rewards and have them happy. That's fine by me. But you can also torment them, enrage them, challenge them and drive them to get the rewards themselves like you don't care about it. They will despise you, but in the end they will be in love with what they have accomplished.

1 0
Score : 5163

Y'all should be grateful Ankama allows people to choose for differend options. Saying that 1.29 is just a temporary stain of nostalgia is really ignorant. Just look how Jagex did it with their Runescape game, by opening a 'oldschool' server. Guess what? It's still running hot.

Also, I really felt in love the first minute I opened the game, everything is so simple and got it's charm! Just wish there was a new server without a big advantage of a community which has been playing long before everyone else could. =(

0 0
Score : 3

Hello, recently seen they have remade 1.29 which in my opinion is one of the best decisions theyve ever made. just wanting to know will 1.29 include heroic!? because if it does ill be subbing straight away and getting on that, if not then meh, maybe not. thanks

0 0
Score : 304

To be clear, 1.29 has not been remade by any measure. Since the transition to 2.0, the 1.29 servers have been accessible to the ES community as Izmar has discussed above. No more content has been created for the servers that did not already exist during 1.29, no updates are available for it, and there is no 1.29 Heroic server. The two servers have simply been opened to other communities outside the ES community.

1 0
Score : 664

Lot of old players, who cancelled dofus hates the new ugly and childish looks of the characters. Also the levelling isnt a challenge anymore. You can get to lvlv 200 in a few days. Like wtf. There are lot of awful things in the current dofus but i don't want to start an argue again, because some players can't understand the problem. So if you can bring it back, i'll definitely give it a shot

0 0
Score : 7686

What do you mean, "if you can bring it back"? It's brought back. You can go log into 1.29 right now. That's what this topic is about, announcing that 1.29 is back.

2 0
Score : -259

Why can't I see the OP? This is the first post that I see in this thread.

mathijsbekker|2016-10-25 16:06:38
Awesome ! Now bring back Dofus 1.00 (or what ever) I want the Royal Tofu back in Astrub fields ! xD

Is the forum broken or are Ankama hiding the announcement from me. Does anybody else experience this?

After all my suggestion to turn the 1.29 server global, why is it invisible to me when they finally did it?
0 0

I know there *was* an announcement in the first post, at least yesterday...

The news page is still visible: Click here

0 0
Score : -1049

The English forum appear to be bugged, the 1st page of this thread is not showing.
The bug is not happening on the French forums tho.

I got some info for you from the French forum:

Citation (XyaLe @ 2016-10-25 16:00:17)

XyaLe|2016-10-25 16:00:17
Kikykyoko|2016-10-25 15:53:45
Vous pensez qu'une ouverture d'un NOUVEAU serveur 1.29 français pourrait ouvrir ses portes ?

Non, seuls ces 2 serveurs resteront disponibles.

There won't be any other server 1.29 opened, not even a French one (in case abyone is wondering if new servers 1.29 will open).

XyaLe|2016-10-25 18:07:44
Pour les joueurs qui reçoivent la notification "Serveurs pleins" : avez-vous bien coché la case "afficher les serveurs des autres communautés" ?
Il n'y a pas de serveurs dans la liste FR, il faut aller chercher du côté de l'International ! Le premier est Eratz, le second Henual.

Cette petite astuce sera ajoutée dans la FAQ.

For the players getting the notification of "full servers", they have to thick the box with "show servers from other communities".
There is no server on the FR list, you must look in the international list. The first one is Eratz, and the second Henual.

XyaLe|2016-10-25 16:10:51
Hello,

Non, il n'y aura pas de mode héroïque sur un serveur 1.29.
There won't be a heroic server 1.29.
0 -2

... all that is in the original announcement or said by Izmar earlier in the thread.

0 0

It's very important to read the 1.29 FAQ in its entirety!

My server is full and I can't connect and/or it's very laggy. What should I do?

All you can do is be patient or play on a DOFUS 2 server instead. We have no plans to open additional servers for 1.29.

And now, to expand on my post above, the FAQ also contains this:

Edit: If you are not on a Spanish-community account and you see a "Server is full" error when making a character, please make sure that you have the "Display all servers" option checked. Also, please note that the servers do not have display names in any language other than Spanish, so if you are using the English version of the client, those fields will be blank.

Score : 56

Totally didn't expect this. I do agree with the developer sentiments objectively, but that said, time to nostalgia trip hard. 

1 0
Score : 3914

Looks like someone with authority hid a lot of the replies in this thread. I was curious what people all had to say about this seeing as 61 replies were made over 2 pages but right now my reply only counts as the 37th.

I've always wanted to relive the 1.2x days, even though what really mattered back then were the friends I had, the atmosphere where people weren't in a rush and seem like they don't have much time to spare on fellow players, and the adventurous themed music compared to the ones today aren't so melodic.
I think the atmosphere I speak of was apparent back then mostly due to the many restrictions and limitations players had to advance quickly. Today with Kama Exchange, a lot of players are no longer stuck with inability to subscribe without spending real money, easier access to subscribing more accounts, and selling of Ogrine for Kamas which has helped many players who could not afford to buy items with their in-game savings.

When given the choice, many will want to be free and independent, and that is how the old atmosphere of players died.

0 0

For the record, there are no hidden replies in this thread. There is a long-standing forum glitch with larger threads wherein reply counts are inaccurate once threads are merged.

It would be greatly appreciated if you brought up concerns like that privately to the moderators, Nerodos, or Izmar. This is totally off-topic conversation.

Score : 3

Well they should put an heroic on it, I know so many people that play private servers to get a 1.29 heroic! Get it done

0 0
MadSock|2016-10-26 15:36:00
Looks like someone with authority hid a lot of the replies in this thread. I was curious what people all had to say about this seeing as 61 replies were made over 2 pages but right now my reply only counts as the 37th.
If there were hidden posts, then the numbers on the posts themselves would be missing, but they're all there, from 1 to 39 (I guess this post will be #40), with no missing numbers, so there's no invisible posts.
iamlewis|2016-10-26 15:56:14
Well they should put an heroic on it, I know so many people that play private servers to get a 1.29 heroic! Get it done
What part of "1.29 is 1.29 and will never be updated" are you not understanding?
0 0
Respond to this thread