Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

DOFUS 1.29

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - October 25, 2016, 14:00:00
Announcements
Reactions 120
Score : 636
ForceOfTheAronDragon|2016-10-27 14:47:53
Ankama, what about managing the two at the same time? So you could have the players who love the 1.29. Why do you think they'll switch to Dofus 2? If you like a chocolate, you wont start to love something worse because the chocolate is old
You're an odd one. You continuously bash on 2.XX+, then attempt to hide under cover by saying "you don't want to argue again"... it's somewhat annoying. Maybe I'm being too passionate and jumping the gun here? I dunno.

Anyway, Izmar said in the OP that Ankama have no plans (rather, outright said) on supporting 1.29 in any way, and just opening the servers for people to have access.
0 0
Score : 6717

I am looking forward to spell and weapon spamming finally. I used to have all these cool plans for teams like 8x Iop's Wrath per turn which were made impossible. Weapon spam, over 12 AP and 6 MP, and lots of other things that were updated to cause me to frown I will finally be able to exercise again.

0 0
Score : 815
RedBullik|2016-10-27 15:27:26
The old servers should be mentioned somewhere at dofus.com. Most of old players won't even hear about it now. Don't hide it, Ankama.
And fix the lags, if people will leave, it will because of them, not because the game is old.
Like Enduroppal said, they won't be supporting the old servers. I think it is fairly obvious that Ankama don't want these old servers to be as popular as the modern Dofus

"In fact, this release will prove definitively to anyone having doubts that it wasn't better before, but that... it was good at the time." These were brought back to basically show those who kept saying Dofus 1.29 was better that it wasn't and it's just your nostalgia bro :^). They won't fix the lag, they won't update it, they won't do anything to it. Play it for a week or so and admire it, then go back to playing the improved version! I mean, just reading the OP, I sensed a slight bitterness towards Dofus 1.29. It isn't ACTUALLY meant to be played thoroughly, it's like a museum, appreciate it and leave.
0 0
Score : 3915

The less they fiddle with the 1.29 servers the better. They did say NO SUPPORT/MODIFICATION for the 1.29 just to give some old beggars a piece of mind after all these years. Yeah I agree they definitely don't want the 1.29 servers to be more popular than the post2.0 ones. People gotta remember they only bring back the 1.29 for reminisce purpose, not to make 1.29 equally part of DOFUS of today. Then again those complaining people will keep begging for Ankama to do something once they find how difficult it is to access 1.29 servers.

Complaining people think 1.29 coming back is on equal grounds as the current version, sorry to break it to you but it's not and never will be. A truth a lot of people can't seem to take in.

0 0
Score : 665

Im so sorry that once a month i dare to criticize or making suggestions instead of licking butt and saying "wooow how awesomeee" and "cant waiiit" under every update posts

0 0
Score : 130

Get over yourselves, people. Ankama handling the severs so they are actually playable isn't support.
I don't care about their reasoning; people should be able to at least play the game, since they are paying for it.

0 0

Let's not make it personal, folks. Everyone is entitled to state their opinion as long as they do so with respect to each other. If you're happy about a feature, that's great! Just don't hate on people who don't like it. Same if you don't like a feature. It's fine to say so, but don't insult the people who don't share your feelings.

Edit: As for the issue of lag: several other people in the thread have already stated Ankama's position, but I will expand on them slightly.

The 1.29 servers are sub-only for several reasons.

1. Because 1.29 is a version of the game that is no longer supported, it is counter-productive to have new players joining the server as their first DOFUS experience. The 1.29 servers should be for people who know what they are getting into, i.e., people who are subscribed. Therefore, no trial area is needed.
  2. Making the servers P2P was also a simple way to limit the number of bots on the servers. That may not be effective long-term, but we'll have to wait and see.
  3. Servers aren't free, so we do need some monetary support to run them. If literally no one pays to play the 1.29 servers, we don't have a reason to keep them running at all.

We were very serious when we said that 1.29 is intended as a time capsule experience. It is not intended to offer an optimal full-time gaming solution. It is up to each player to decide if that time capsule experience is something that they wish to pay for. If it is not, that's ok, we're not mad. Our focus is on improving and developing the current version of the game, and I believe we've been explicitly clear about that.

I hope that helps.
Score : 79

Well, for me the time capsule experience so far has been the server selection screen smile Haven't been able to even see the character selection screen yet.

Would it be possible to simply enable more server instances / increase the capacity if enough people are subscribing to cover the cost of doing this? Of course the amount of new subscribers can't be attribtued directly to Dofus 1.29 but a spike in the subscriptions could be enough to detect this. The fact that the server went full is an indication that there's at least a lot of interest. Not sure about how many of these visitors are new subscribers though. That should be easy to possible to query...

0 0
Score : 7686

You keep saying that it's full, but are you sure it's full? There's an error message that says they're full, but they're not.

Izmar|2016-10-26 14:07:53
Edit: If you are not on a Spanish-community account and you see a "Server is full" error when making a character, please make sure that you have the "Display all servers" option checked.
0 0

My bad! Missed that checkbox. Didn't see any servers listed, so thought the screen was bugged and left. Thanks.

First impression: Wow, the graphics look really bad. Don't remember being them that bad. Clear nostalgia effect.

I still feel there's something somewhere better than in the current version. The music clearly is one of those things. Probably the level of difficulty to level up another. Before most areas were entirely inaccessible for low levels (forgetting the need of a subscription), which may make them look more interesting, being high level was also rather rare and thus much more valued. Now everything feels accessible and "cheap".

Hmm. I'm trying to figure out if there's still something better with the artwork. It's just very difficult to compare because of the quality difference.

0 0
Score : 130

The graphics were changed in like 2007. Before that the maps were in high resolution, probably in .bmp or .png format (you couldn't single out a pixel). Then, out of freaking nowhere they changed it to crappy jpeg-like format, or worse. It made the game heavier and uglier. Why did they do it? No idea.

0 0

That makes sense! I now remember it was possible to zoom in and it would look fine. They game supported vector graphics.

I have noticed the bad resolution actually also in Dofus touch (don't play the pc version "seriously" for years, so can't say anything about it), for some images like plain cracklers. Somebody showed a guild emblem or something the other day (don't know how it's called) that looked super blurry. Also the intro screen, some menus, tooltips. Really a pity since it's a beautiful game and nowadays one is used to good resolution on tablets. Could be also one possible reason to not being featured by e.g. Apple.

Also interesting fact: The 1.29 server seems very active. It looks much more active than the last time I was in the main Dofus(tried several servers, all super desolate) a few months ago. Even a little more active than Dofus Touch atm. And that considering it has such bad performance. Maybe only temporary while the novelty wears out.

Also funny: Somebody is ranting in Spanish about the herd of French players ruining the server performance. He says "go play Dofus touch" xD

0 0
Score : 287

For some reason i'm unable to log on to the server, its just showing me "Connecting to server..." then nothing happens.

0 0
Score : -229

Are you using that f2p account to log-on to the now global 1.29 server?

Izmar|2016-10-25 14:00:00
Now, we have decided to open these servers to all our communities, on one condition: you must be subscribed.
0 0
Score : 4010
asdfii|2016-10-28 21:48:13
For some reason i'm unable to log on to the server, its just showing me "Connecting to server..." then nothing happens.
you might be behind a firewall. I'm having the same issue at work. I can connect at home though.
0 0
Score : 6

So, are they going to fix the lagg on Eratz? Ever since this became an international server, I seem to lagg every 5 secs.

0 0
Score : 5164

inb4 Ankama attracts a lot of attention and screws everyone up again

1 0
Score : 298

This is amazing!
But do you need to create a new character on these servers though?

0 0
Score : 47

I dont know why but i can't understand.. There are only 2 servers, both of them are unidentifiable because both of them share "undefined" on their title...secondly there are 95% of ppl, players that have been playing eversince 2011, when 1.29 was retrieved...They are all level 190+ and have hundreds of milions kamas ( item worth) on their account..It is just so irrelavant for the new community to start back, since it it totally unbalanced, level wise, and economy wise..On top of that 98% of ppl are either french/spanish... so you are lucky if you will find someone that could actually speak english...It just doesen't make sense...

Why not put the new players and the old community on different platforms...?

0 0
Score : 7686

Because they're not adding new servers. These two servers already existed, and all they did was unlock which communities can log into them.

Also, as already mentioned in this topic, if you set your client to Spanish, you can see the names of the servers. (You don't need to leave the client in Spanish, just long enough to pick a server and create a character on it)

If you don't want to do that, I believe the top server is Eratz, while the bottom one is Henual, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

0 0
Respond to this thread