FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

%power vs stats

By tokantropos November 10, 2016, 21:26:53

Hello,

so far I have a good understanding about the difference between damage and power.

But I'm still a little confused about difference between stats and power.

My current understanding is that a stat, basically is element-specific power. So e.g. Having 30 int, 30 str, 30 chance and 30 agi is identical/interchangeable with 30 power. Is that correct?

Further it confuses me a little that power is always given in %, while stats are not. I understand stats are percent based (percent of damage), just like power (as mentioned above they are the same thing, except that stat applies only to 1 element). Is this just a formality?

So to confirm, if e.g. One item has 40 strength, and %20 power, and other item has 50 strength and %10 power, and I only care about strength, they are interchangeable?

Maybe my understanding is wrong. That's what I would like to clear with this question.

Thanks!

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 10

Yep, completely interchangeable.

0 0
Score : 13428

As far as damage is concerned, yes. With regards to secondary effects of stats including lock/dodge, PP, pods, and healing they are not interchangeable.
In addition to this, power can not satisfy minimum stat requirements for strength/agility/chance/intelligence.

0 0
Score : -624

and "%power" still cannot (?) be overmaged beyond its default value

0 0
Score : 3276

Pretty sure it can as long as %power isn't higher than 50 or its defualt bonus (because %power has 2 sink value and 101 is max).

0 0

No stat can be maged past 101 sink worth of stat unless it occurs naturally on the item as such. This means unless the item has more than 50 power on it naturally, you cannot get more than that, and if it does have more than 50, then you can only have however much the max on the item is at that point. see this page for more info

0 0
Score : 79
Nerd-Tease|2016-11-10 21:53:11
As far as damage is concerned, yes. With regards to secondary effects of stats including lock/dodge, PP, pods, and healing they are not interchangeable.
In addition to this, power can not satisfy minimum stat requirements for strength/agility/chance/intelligence.
Sorry for being a noob, you mean power doesn't affect these but the stats do? How do they affect e.g. Healing?
0 0

Int has the same effect on non % based healing, that a stat would otherwise have on damage. i.e. each point of int increases healing done by a spell by 1% of the base heal.

0 0
Score : 11363

Strength gives +5 pods per point.
Intelligence gives +1% Healing per point. (Does not affect lifesteal spells, only direct heals)
Agility gives +1 Lock and +1 Dodge per 10 points.
Chance gives +1 Prospecting Point (which, in turn, is +1% item drop rate) per 10 points.
All four stats give a bonus to initiative, +1 per point in any of them.

Power gives none of those bonuses, just bonuses to damage.

1 0
Score : 255

something else to think about is the damage reduction you get through having high stats. high stats means high initiative. if you get first attack in a 4 monster group and kill one monster. that is 25% damage reduction for the rest of the fight. in a five monster group, that translates to 20% damage reduction. Initiative becomes less important the more monsters you fight against.

on the flip side, the lower the stats you have, the less initiative you have. if you get last attack against a 3 monster group, this translates to being in a defenceless state for 75% of the first turn. This is a potential 1st turn kill against you.

Initiative is extremely important.

0 0
Respond to this thread