FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Sacrier Revamp

By November 18, 2016, 16:00:00
Announcements
Reactions 366
Score : 69

The sacrier revamp could have become so good and they screwed up.

Attacking spells: each one of the 3 elements should have a lifesteal, a melee and a mid range spell, the sacrier would be versatile no matter your choice of element and no self damaging spells, please.

Utility: the hp cost of the utility spells are ok, but they should add that hp cost to flying sword as long you summon a stronger and toughier sword. Also the evasion should allow you to dodge even ranged spells, as long as their caster is standing right next to you.

Punitions: the fun part, with the damage one you should get a damage increase as you do now, but no increase of damage taken, instead you would take damage from your own spells pretty much like the int path does now, and below 50% health you would get a greater increase in damage. With the "tanky" one you would get lifesteal for all your spells and a little increase in your resistances, with less than 50% health you would get an increased healing from all sources (lifesteal included) a bit more of resistances. The mobile one you should get +1 in range for all spells (exept for the three short ranged ones) and +1 MP, with below 50% health you would get +2 range and +2 MP.

Stats: yes without the vit bonus on the tank punition and with the extra hp cost in the flying sword you would be dead just by using yours spells. The 1:2 vit points is not viable anymore because you dont get agi/int/cha/str points by taking dmg, but you could get an extra vit point each time you spent a stat point. For exemple: if you spend 400 points (300 in agi/int/cha in order to get 200 of that stat (2:1 form 101 to 200) and 100 in vit) you would get 400 extra points in vit, so in the end you should end up with less hp than you had, but you wouldn't feel the diference so much, allowing to manipulate your hp easily.

Appearence: someone posted a really,really good version here in the forum, but i had a different idea. In the damage punition you would have swords (like the flying one) coming out of your back (giving the idea of increasing your power in a self-hurting way), in the tank punition you would have red tentacle-like (like the ones in attraction animation, but larger) stuff coming out of your back (giving the idea of your body searching for ways to stay alive, to suck health), and the mobile one you would get some wings, I imagined them white, but the bloodied wing that guy posted was a way cooler.

But intead they decided to ignore the comunity and make a mess with our character. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0 0
Score : 18041

Hey guys, fun fact.

The other communities included, this Sacrier update has generated, quite literally, no positive votes.

0 0
Score : 346

The forms look disgusting and uninspired. They don't fit with the aesthetic of the game or the character of the class at all. :

0 -1
Score : 2

I Just started playing the class last night and was thinking, "Hot dang, I think this is the one that's gonna have me continue to subscribe after my first month!"

Opened Steam today to see, "Sacriers, an in-depth revamp" and immediately became concerned.

Apparently my favorite character thus far is now Inside-Out Boy :\

Where do you buy additional character slots? I think I want to try something else...

0 0
Score : 2664

You can buy character slots from the boutique/shop.

Punitions: the fun part, with the damage one you should get a damage increase as you do now, but no increase of damage taken, instead you would take damage from your own spells pretty much like the int path does now, and below 50% health you would get a greater increase in damage. With the "tanky" one you would get lifesteal for all your spells and a little increase in your resistances, with less than 50% health you would get an increased healing from all sources (lifesteal included) a bit more of resistances. The mobile one you should get +1 in range for all spells (exept for the three short ranged ones) and +1 MP, with below 50% health you would get +2 range and +2 MP.
Wow, you know that's actually a really good idea, adding self-damage to ALL your attacks when using that punishment. I"m just sad that I didn't think of that myself, to be honest. That would really fit thematically with the Sacrier, and make any elemental build equal in that respect.
Something I was just thinking about is how awkward it is that the fire spells currently deal fire damage to the caster... maybe something like the old Fury would be best, where it was neutral damage, or simple loss of hp, like Life Transfer. Because right now you can just get a lot of fire resistance, right? That kind of forces sacriers, or at least those who are Int/Fire based, to build sets focusing on that resistance, to be optimal. Just a thought.
0 0
Score : 476

If the vitality cap on sacrier has been changed to 1 for 1 why does it still say ''(unless you are a Sacrier, In which case you will gain 2 hp per vitality point)'' on the characteristic screen?

0 0
Score : 3705
Moebs93|2016-12-06 01:35:34
Appearence: someone posted a really,really good version here in the forum, but i had a different idea. In the damage punition you would have swords (like the flying one) coming out of your back (giving the idea of increasing your power in a self-hurting way), in the tank punition you would have red tentacle-like (like the ones in attraction animation, but larger) stuff coming out of your back (giving the idea of your body searching for ways to stay alive, to suck health), and the mobile one you would get some wings, I imagined them white, but the bloodied wing that guy posted was a way cooler.

But intead they decided to ignore the comunity and make a mess with our character. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'M THAT GUY \o/

Sorry, I'm just... really proud of that. laugh

On the "unless you're a sacrier" thing, it is one of the texts that falls into the category "well, we forgot this was there and we can't bother", it is quite common lol.
0 0
Score : 485

wow ok just realised the sacs roll in team games haha!

Its literally a mask/feca. sacrifice is the same as shields and convalescence to maintain damage taken in survivors punishment.
mask shields 20% sac self heal 10% (x2).

if this is the idea then pandas need a revamp damage sustainers i can smell...

if this is honestly the sacs role its pretty cool to be defensive. a full vit sac with roughly 6000 hp is very useful for this type of play. so its basically more a defensive revamp and positioning. hence pain shared.

Agil i do feel sorry for its a support element rather than a dominant one compared to say a hupper or a feca. suppose agil iop is the weakest of them all.

please tweek the sac, it doesn't feel complete like the hupper did with the runes being alive, but after the tweek its much better now runes fixed on the ground and a spell to activate it. I'm happy with the sac revamp yeah but it still feels rushed and the scathing punishment makes the sac look like as if its auditioning for a main part in monsters inc university 2.

0 0
Score : 13462

@YoungFaith

Its literally a mask/feca. sacrifice is the same as shields and convalescence to maintain damage taken in survivors punishment.mask shields 20% sac self heal 10% (x2).
No. It is so much worse than a mask. a Mask can apply the shields to the entire team and not be susceptible to AoE damage from it like sacriers do (not to mention the damage taken amp on it)
Also a mask doesn't sacrifice their own damage to do it, like you would if you were spamming convalescence as you say.

The sac revamp is garbage.

Why would I take a character along that is just a sacrifice bot, when I can take a mask or feca and get actual damage mitigation, and still get a damage dealer out of the mix?

Why would I want a sacrier to be my positioner, when I could bring a panda or a xelor and get more utility from it?

Why would I take a sacrier as a tank, when huppermages, masks, fecas, and even enis can tank more capably?

Why would I take a sacrier for damage, when any other class can and will outdamage them without self imposed backlash on their spells?
1 0
Score : 3
Revamp Strategy
Phase 1: "Rushed" Ugly Sacrier that every sacrier will hate
Phase 2: 50% off on class changes
Phase 3: Ankama actually has a "Real" working sacrier revamp, which is what sacrier players would really want. They will say that they listens to the community and will implement that new revamp. Ankama saves the day and be the hero for listening to the community.
Phase 4: 50% off on class changes for those sacriers who change to a new class.

Ending: Ankama employees has a big X-mas bonus from all the class change sale this season.
3 0
Score : 3501

Oh. It would be such a relief if that were true. Sure, it would mean that Ankama were really sneaky, but at least the sacrier would get fixed.

0 0
Score : 6731

Funny, but I doubt they are being sly in an attempt to be clever with the inclusion of upsetting so many paying customers. That Cinderella story can only last until midnight. After the carriage turns back into a pumpkin, she'll get left at the curb.

0 0
Score : 387

''Just like we saw in the Eniripsa and Osamodas revamps, the Sacrier has some damage spell weaknesses '' theyr words , and now they made him even weaker .. GJ

0 0

They clearly believe they made the sacrier stronger. Now they're even sending emails about it. :/

0 0
Score : 2753
Paxifix|2016-12-21 06:56:46
They clearly believe they made the sacrier stronger. Now they're even sending emails about it. :/
new way to piss sacrier players even more
0 0
Score : 3298

Do they seriously accept the current transformation looks...

0 0
Score : 2664

Oh god, when I saw that email notification on my phone I lost it for a moment, haha. I was both laughing at how ridiculous it was and frustrated because it felt like it was being rubbed in my face. xD

"Log on today and play the new Sacrier!"
"Yeah, no thanks."

(edit: not that I've quit Snark yet or anything.. one does not simply quit their main char after 10+ years. The account still has a year of p2p anyway, I just haven't been logging on much at all)

2 0
Score : 19

So good that i've spent shitload of time farming for str gear smile

0 0
Score : 30

Aieee those forms look terrible, no no plaease change or remove them!! Beserkers should look even more rough and ready as they loose the hp, more angry and crazy, not like naked floating Elves. sad

2 0

^ That summary is impressively accurate.

0 0
Respond to this thread