FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Beta: Update 2.39

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - November 23, 2016, 17:00:00
Announcements
Reactions 193

The revamped Sacrier has now been available on the Beta servers for the past two days, and you have been many to test him out and react to the changes. As we stated when we first started communicating on this upcoming revamp, the version you have been able to test so far is "raw", as it were. And although we have taken advantage of these first days of Beta to fix as many bugs as possible on the class, we now want to talk to you and involve you in its balancing.

This is why we are conducting a survey that will allow us to collect your opinion on the spells.

And if you want to keep giving us your opinion, it is of course perfectly fine. However, in order to better gather your feedback, I would like for you to share your opinion on the revamp in that thread if you haven't tried it out for yourself and want to discuss the theory of the revamp, and in that thread if you have tried the revamp for yourself and want to discuss the reality of it.

Thank you all for your interest in the game and its development. Most importantly, thank you for voting.

Score : 636

I'm hoping the opening method for the level 200 dungeon in Owhymi becomes a lot easier, because this is like Kralove all over again...

It's not fun needing 16 characters; 4 with 1000+ Agi, 4 with 1000+ Str, 4 with 1000+ Int and 4 with 1000+ Cha to open these damn doors. I can see one or two of each being acceptable, but this is kinda obnoxious. Especially since most end gamers are hybrid/tribrid/omni.

0 0
Score : 258
Boon-UKR|2016-11-25 10:05:35
While i do agree that 1 cast per turn seems very obstructive for explosive arrow and using 5 AP for it is kinda bad, I can't believe that other people trying to convince everyone that the spell is fine as is it is now. No other spell in the game have such ridiculous range, AoE and can be cast non-linear. It's sad that people saying that cras will be "trash" because 2 spells were nerfed (and one of them was rarely used). I think even if the spell still will have 4 ap cost and can be cast twice per turn but with global cooldown it still be a good solution to prevent full team of cras explosive arrow spam, but will not hurt groups with only 1 cra.
It's the RANGE class of the game so why would you assume it shouldn't have range . It's not ridiculous you need + range equipment or it will be weak range .
0 0
Score : 1733

the problem isnt range or cooldown... all veteran players know that cras are WEAK as hell in the damage department . most their spells have super low base damage, plus once you lock in on them on a small map they can't do anything. now that they'v got a nerf , they pretty much bring nothing to a team. it's the only class in the game that has barely changed for the past 10 years. ankama can't be serious about moving towards dofus 3 when classes are so unbalanced .

0 0
Score : 144

if there is any changes are you gonna post in site? i mean before posting in official update?

0 0

If you're asking for a Beta Changelog, then no. We don't do Beta Changelogs in any other language than French anymore. For the full EN Changelog, aka the full list of changes brought by Update 2.39, you'll have to wait for the full release.

That said, if you speak French, you can check out the French 2.39 Beta Changelog.

Score : 584

So to sum up the cra complaints and counter arguments:

First counter argument: "It's only 2 spells stop crying."

Wrong. It's the 2 MOST relied upon spells for decent damage in Int and cha.
2 cha spells are 3 turn cooldown, 1 is 2 ap but weak and finally Slow-Down is 4 ap and most relied upon. But is also linear.
1 int spell is weak takes ap, 1 is linear with 1 cell push, 1 is 4 ap single target steals range and finally explosive is 4 ap and best for crowd control.

Second counter argument: "It's only 5 ap it's not that bad."

Wrong again. Cra has 0 5 ap spells. In an idyllic 12/6 build the cra should be able to do 3 4 ap attacks or 4 3 ap attacks.
Now that 2 are 5 ap and most relied on for consistent damage that idyllic set is way weaker.
Considering that most cra's are 11/6 this makes it that omni can only do 1 slow-down and 1 explosive and thats it.
The loss of 2 ap means you can't mp reap as well or get out of lock with dispersing and then do 2 attacks etc.

Third counter argument: "Cra's AoE was op anyway, you shouldn't be able to do 12 explosive."

Wrong again. The only way this is possible is with a 6 cra team. It would take crazy amount of investment to make this work.
Also, not every cra is part of some 6 cra team. Majority are solo, so saying explosive is op is incorrect.
It was fine for 10 years. Why does it require a nerf now? Because it doesn't have 2x a turn cast global cd which I think is a very fair nerf.
But 5 ap 1 cast only is killing the biggest reason this class is used what sets it apart etc.

Fourth counter argument: "You can adapt, people always do." (Not sure if this qualifies as an argument but I'll address it.)

Let me tell you what will happen. No one will use Explosive and Slow down. Instead they will use everything else.
If this is considered adapting maybe you win, but ignoring 2 spells doesn't sit well with me. Thankfully my lv 200 cra is omni and very strong.
But for the rest of cra's, this will deal a massive blow to cra populations. Class changing will be big as we can already see.
Most will go for elio as elio does just about everything better than a cra by far. From dmg to escaping harm, self healing, even more powerful range omni capabilities etc.
This is why so many cra's here on this thread want to either quit or class change. Because cra's are already weak enough. Now they have no AoE reliability.

Tl:dR: Just make Explosive 4 ap 2x cast a turn with global cd. Only 1 cra can use it that way. Same with Slow-down. 

3 0
Score : 258

Someone who see's what is wrong with this nerf in every aspect coming from every angle. Thank you so much for clearing this up for all ignorant non cra players

0 0
Score : 389

Good points Aether-aura. I agree completely. Cras needed some balancing regarding pvp aspect of the game, because they are considered the weakest class for pvp at the moment, and they dont fit in many teams and are not too usefull, and lack erosion.. Instead, a nerf is furthering this gap, although, Im also playing a very strong omni cra on rosal, so 5 ap for more dmg and more ap reduction could work somehow within my playstyle, but I feel for a long time that cras need more balancing toward pvp, and some nerfing towards pvm. Global cooldowns should be enough, but some proper total spell rework would be in order really.
Also, I want to point out, that this "nerf" might not come bad at all, if ankama makes some interesting and complimentary spells/options with the new announced 200+ spell system. Then it might be cool, but im probably hoping for too much smile

0 -2
Score : 385

if someone in that surwey submits any skill more than to weak , than they are afraid of sacs or they are complete morons ,, this rewamp ruined sacrier .... vit 4k hp and int skills eating your life away as fuck ,, u cant do pretty much ,, water skils hase no life steal at all , , btw how can u even call it a life steal lol .... cmon u dev guys can do better than that ... make sacreir a decent class to be able to fight others equelly

0 -3
Score : 3

Date for this update?

0 0
Score : 116

Beta content usually releases to live after 2 to 3 weeks, so in December.

0 0

Izmar or Nerodos could you please tell us if the dev team is reconsidering the extreme and overly harsh nerf to cra's at all?
We brought up many good ways to nerf cra's without destroying the class.

Please tell the Dev team to make both 4 ap cost 2x a turn with global cool-down. Only 1 cra could ever use it that way.

The beta has proven my theories on how hard it will be to do any significant AoE damage. While the damage has been buffed its certainly not even enough.
Using the 5 ap obliterates the flow I'm used to when doing PvM. I usually do 2x explosive or 2x Slow-Down arrow but now if I want to do AoE damage I use up my ap in 2 hits leaving 1 ap to waste every time I do this.
Please tell them to reconsider.

0 0
Score : -8

It's about the money

properly*, i don't know for sure. Maybe if Dofus doesn't feel like everyone is paying their dues they find out how to end it.

0 0
Score : 2

I think there's a bug with transferring characters from the main server to the beta, when i played as my sac in the beta (from my main) i couldn't use any spells hopefully the Dofus team will have a fix soon

0 0

I notice you're using the past tense. Have you logged into the Beta servers recently? This issue should have been fixed a few days ago.

AetherAura|2016-11-28 18:28:53
Please tell the Dev team to make both 4 ap cost 2x a turn with global cool-down.

They are currently considering giving both spells a 4 AP cost and reducing the increase in damage a bit. Additionally, Slow Down Arrow would remove 3 APs at level 6. However, they would still have a one-turn global cooldown. These changes should hit the Beta at some point during the week.

I used past tense as I'm now focused on testing new sacs. Concerned about their changes.
Glad to hear the good news. Is there any possibility to make it reduced damage and 2x cast with 4 ap? Global cool-down of course.
Thank you for replying.

0 0

The upcoming changes in the Beta show, I believe, the developers' will to listen to the Community. As such, I wouldn't write anything off just yet.

Of course, I can't make any promise either; given the ever-decreasing amount of time left before the release of Update 2.39, it is likely that the upcoming state of the spells be the one to be eventually released.

Score : 3490

What upcoming changes in the Beta? Where can we read about them? (I don't see anything about it here in the forums but maybe I'm too tired to spot it?)

0 0

The changes are those mentioned in my answer to AetherAura just a couple posts earlier: the developers are currently considering giving both spells a 4 AP cost and reducing the increase in damage a bit. Additionally, Slow Down Arrow would remove 3 APs at level 6. However, both spells would still have a one-turn global cooldown.

Respond to this thread