By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Multi " accounting " is ruinning the game

By Sarunojii - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - December 07, 2016, 14:04:22
Reactions 48
Score : 1715
hunataloisnopoirod|2016-12-07 16:37:30

However, I do think that ankama should REALLY invest on a better guild with some kind of bank account (with shares linked on the chests and all) so you can make events and championships, or on the very least let people make notes on their friendlist just like LoL because I have about 6 people on my friend list that are actually active and I know I went koli with them but I can't remember them for the life of me.

I've lost quite a few good people that didn't remember me but were really nice simply because of this or because they changed characters.

--Kumotsu
you raised a good point also, the guild system does feel somewhat unfinished. being in a guild now just means u can do koths and theres really no added value to being in a guild except a few specific items here and there and having some of your mates in it and that's it.

and yea like i said earlier im not telling anyone how to play the game. i was kind of comparing to the earlier years when dofus was all about making groups of randoms etc and how the philosophy has changed since . it doesnt bother some of you and it does bother some others .
0 0
Score : 5941

I'll provide my usual reply. Multi-accounting is an inevitable result of how the game has been designed. The problem isn't the multi-accounting, the problem is that the game has been designed in a way to where people really feel the need to multi-account (and have more enjoyment that way).

So if you remove it, it will probably hurt the game more than help it at this point. You would not be removing the fundamental reasons why people want to multi-account.

Solution in my opinion is to design the game around multi-accounting. In other words, take it and make it a formal feature (Wakfu'a hero system). Then make future design decisions with that in mind.

0 0
Score : 335

I think that at this point, the game should embrace and improve multi-accounting rather than shy away from it or denounce it's existence, as it's too late for that imo. Some people, including me, like managing more than one character at a time. If anything, ankama should patch the hero system in dofus too, so that you don't have to open many game clients at once.

The mentor system should be enough to give new players the groups that they desperately need. Also, it would help if ankama removed some of those outdated wisdom items. I mean, if an item gives nothing but lots of wisdom, it honestly has no place in this version of the game. There are more leechers than multi-accounters nowadays; that's where the real issue lies. They should also reduce the experience rewarded from fights, especially in the early game. Players level up too fast to give a damn anymore. They should have more time to explore their sets, abilities, hunting areas and dungeons, and perhaps they would actually bother to make some friends then instead of asking to be leeched.

Perhaps we also need a real team finder system that automatically matches groups of people? It's pretty much a staple of mmos at this point. Dofus is way behind times on that front.

0 0
Score : 3107

Like others have said, multiaccounting is not the real problem, but rather a symptom of the problem, or a working solution to certain issues. As I understand it, the main difficulties that force people who don't want to multiaccount to do so anyway can be placed in one of two categories, the Can't find people to team up with, or the Can't coordinate with other people well enough to be successful. A hero system might be very beneficial, but I also believe that there are a number of things that Ankama could do to make it easier for people to play with others if they want to. Granted, they have clearly been working to improve these things, but unfortunately it hasn't been quite enough. For example:

• Why not make it easier to buy a subscription that is meant to be given to someone else, via for example a gift card? This should both generate more money for the company and make it easier to invite friends. It can't be that hard to code, can it?
  • Why not make the challenges in fights work individually? That way, no one has to worry about messing up the challenge for others, and those who want to do the challenges don't need to feel disappointed because one team mate can't be bothered to do them, et cetera.
  • How about an advanced Party finder that allows you to sign up and search for players of certain classes and certain levels who are interested in certain activities? Sort of like an in-game dating service but not (necessarily) for romantic matches? Not all players use the forums and the recruitment channel is both too limited in range and too full of spam.
  • The feature that lets players save turn time for future turns if they're quick was a step in the right direction, but why not have a setting that allows players to choose to have longer turns at the cost of some XP and drops, for example if they want double the standard time, they get half the standard XP and drops? Maybe even make it possible to have infinite time but no XP and no drops and no achievements? I think this would really help people who for various reasons can't complete their turns quickly, and also teams who need more time to coordinate their actions during fights, and of course the people who dislike playing Dofus mainly because of the strict time-limit on turns. Naturally, teams would need to agree on the time-limit per turn.

Personally, I sorely miss playing with friends.
1 0
Score : 3160

I'd like to add that unfortunately multiaccounting has become a core element of dofus, or rather those 2 are now two sides of a coin.

It's funny that indeed multiaccounting is required to beat "hard endgame dungeons", but the reason "hard endgame dungeons" are created is because multiaccounters exist and beat previous contents with ease. The problem recursively repeats itself and we are going circles every time such topics are created.

The problem can't be solved unless Ankama takes drastic measures, but guess what, radical changes are very dangerous and the current 2.39 update at the very least is the proof.

0 0
Score : 12928
plastini|2016-12-07 16:03:45
If anything MA is what keeps the game alive.. do you really think 5 randoms could beat F3,dimensions and the other hardcore duns ? Please...
Well coordinated guilds can and do those all the time. I stream during Fedaykin Guild runs and that content is done pretty casually as we're laughing and cracking jokes in voice chat.

For most of them, its single account. Some may have multiple, but the guild runs are usually 1 per person.

MA makes the game easier for those that can't communicate, but it isn't a necessity, and it also isn't killing the game.
0 0
Score : 620

Well, it's nice to know that Dofus 3 is basing its entire foundation upon multi-accounting. So at the very least, Ankama will be able to balance content more easily due to that concept.

0 0
Score : 1715
YEEART|2016-12-07 21:15:05
Well, it's nice to know that Dofus 3 is basing its entire foundation upon multi-accounting. So at the very least, Ankama will be able to balance content more easily due to that concept.
but dofus 3 is going to be a seperate game not related to the dofus we have now so that doesnt help

trololo2222|2016-12-07 20:45:47
I'd like to add that unfortunately multiaccounting has become a core element of dofus, or rather those 2 are now two sides of a coin.

It's funny that indeed multiaccounting is required to beat "hard endgame dungeons", but the reason "hard endgame dungeons" are created is because multiaccounters exist and beat previous contents with ease. The problem recursively repeats itself and we are going circles every time such topics are created.

The problem can't be solved unless Ankama takes drastic measures, but guess what, radical changes are very dangerous and the current 2.39 update at the very least is the proof.
as for dungeons..thats the problem for me we shldn't have to rely on teams to complete end game dungeons..so yes the game is built in such a way that some of us feel forced to MA.. feel free to decide whether thats good or bad lol.
0 0
Score : 11250

We've beat this to death, over and again, Ankama is aware that Multi-accounting was a mistake. Where do we go from here though? Can't just stop it suddenly, you'd have even more people leaving than you do. Losing up to 8x revenue with some players. It sucks to the max but hey at least we have Dofus Touch. Just wish they'd hurry up and get around to patching in the Sadida update and the Profession update.

0 0
Score : 736
Nerd-Tease|2016-12-07 21:02:53
If anything MA is what keeps the game alive.. do you really think 5 randoms could beat F3,dimensions and the other hardcore duns ? Please...
Well coordinated guilds can and do those all the time. I stream during Fedaykin Guild runs and that content is done pretty casually as we're laughing and cracking jokes in voice chat.
Sure, but that's a minority,you know that.

MA makes the game easier for those that can't communicate,

That's nothing but a big fat lie,I don't understand why people think of MAs as anti-social,bs.
If anything I'm more social because I've several chars across a bunch of guilds,which gives me a ton of people to chat and interact with,
I can communicate as much as I want and FYI I do it a lot in fact. I just don't wanna be in the same fight with them.

I'm a MA because I WANT TO.
0 0
Score : 3876

I am very much like Gunnerwolfang but I also want to group with others to my level than a bunch of friendly level 200 willing to breeze through content using as little time as possible so they have more time to themselves while missing out on absorbing the experience slowly.

MAing is not the source of the social problem that much I agree. Anyone can play like that if they got enough free time, a good stable internet connection and above average computer (more than just for studies using Microsoft Office or similar low memory demanding programs).

Like AlphaWarrior said, it's the way the game is made that makes MAing as the "easier way" to maximise your own enjoyment.

Afterall everyone come here to play a game to entertain themselves, why sacrifice own enjoyment for a "better" community-feeling atmosphere as if it is for the "greater good". Seriously there are very very few people in our community that are willing to make sacrifices for the community as a whole. If people can afford the easy and fast way all the while maximising their own enjoyment, most will not stick stubbornly to making their enjoyment a difficult objective just to make it seem like they care for the community spirit.

With all that said, I too would like to see the Wakfu's Hero system appear in DOFUS. It seems as of late, Ankama is taking more and more ideas used on WAKFU and using it here too. If WAKFU is 1000 years after DOFUS, and DOFUS has survived over 10 years real time, it really is about time we get some development by now.

With the Hero System, it will solve the "unfair" problem by discouraging the need for multi-accounting but there likely to be restrictions put in place. The first and foremost restriction I think is the limit of 8 characters per group. This will stop MAs with 8 accounts from getting 64 drop rolls and overkill with 64 characters against a enemy mob of 8, unless they make it so that the number of enemies scale with your team, but I think that will still promote multi-accounting as the easier way to maximise self-profit.

0 0
Score : 12928
plastini|2016-12-08 05:18:06
Sure, but that's a minority,you know that.

If a group of people can't do it, they aren't geared well enough, don't understand the dungeon, aren't coordinated enough, or picked a poor team composition.

plastini|2016-12-08 05:18:06

MA makes the game easier for those that can't communicate,

That's nothing but a big fat lie,I don't understand why people think of MAs as anti-social,bs.
If anything I'm more social because I've several chars across a bunch of guilds,which gives me a ton of people to chat and interact with,
I can communicate as much as I want and FYI I do it a lot in fact. I just don't wanna be in the same fight with them.

I'm a MA because I WANT TO.

MA making the game easier for those can't communicate effectively in combat does not mean there are not other reasons to MA as well, and the comment was specifically in the context relating to the difficulty of the endgame content potentially being balanced around multi accounting.

I don't think MAers are categorically anti social, and that given the thread context, that should have been clear to anyone that read it.
0 0
Score : 251

From my own experience, multi-accounting isn't the problem. Starting out, i tried to group with others. All i got was monster XP. That's it. What I needed in the game was also profession XP. All professions are solo. The gathering professions are completely solo and the crafting professions require different world content to complete. It's extremely hard to find someone at the same level of profession and with the same needs and will sacrifice their needed time and sacrifice their needed materials and give them to you.

The only two times dofus is an MMO is when your character level is below 30 with most of your professions below level 20 and when the profession aspect of the game is totally ignored. As far as i know, professions can only be ignored if you're playing kolo with equipment that is bought outright (no grinding).

Needless to say ... you've all experienced it. you either end up as a leecher or you end up being leached. there's isn't much in between.

Hopefully Anakama's Dofus 3 doesn't force you to multiaccount your multiaccounts. ☺

0 0
Score : 6152

Been 2 years since I played Dofus and this is the first thread I see when checking the forum again lol.

I just wanted to add this is a big part of the the reason I quit playing. I have (or had) 4 accounts. This being my main with a 200 xel plus others (though I quit my xelor when they ruined my several years of build with the changes, another reason I quit.)

MMO in one way or another is meant to be about interacting with others. Hence multiplayer. Of course you can play by yourself but if people prefer that, then there are much better games than mmos.

because more and more people were just creating alts and doing everything themselves, eventually it got too hard for me to do anything so I ended creating alts. I just got fed up in the end so I quit. even with alts I could never do the top tier dungeons as it was near impossible to find a group who will accept other people.

Just my opinion.

0 0
Score : 25767

And that is the real problem in end contents.... The game got so hard that playing with others will be a lot harder than playing with your own team. Winning those extremely hard dungeons would be nearly impossible with others. If an MA could win those dungeons in 5-10 tries, a team of solo accounters would probably take twice or more times than that and who has enough time to play with the same team of players for 20-40 hours straight? MAing is not the problem, it is the crutch that alleviate the problem, and if you know about the effect of crutch, you'd know that crutch prevent faster and complete healing.

If you still do not see the real problem, here it is.
1. Hard difficulty of game especially at end content makes it hard to win for a team of solo accounter.
2. Low number of new player coming into the game makes the new player find it hard to find other to play with. In the old years, it is not that players are more friendly and group up with others, it is just that there are more new players who are at low level. Nowadays, players are still friendly, but they are mostly level 200, so it is not an ideal situation both for the high level and low level to be together.

Solution:
1. Make the game be easier for solo accounters without making it too easy for multi-accounters. Hero system would help a lot.
2. Make Incarnam a separate server for new players. All new players will be dumped into one single temporary server "Incarnam", which will give new players that feeling of a game having lots of other helpful players running all over the place. They will only be able to select their permanent server at the time they will go down to astrub, after which if they try to return to incarnam map, it would no longer be at the Incarnam server. This would also create that old self-challenge of being the highest level character in Incarnam.

1 0
Score : 5159

DOFUS is mere a walking corpse, with the bones of those who MA and the rotting flesh of the falling community.

2 0
Score : 681
Gunnerwolfang|2016-12-08 08:14:39
2. Make Incarnam a separate server for new players. All new players will be dumped into one single temporary server "Incarnam", which will give new players that feeling of a game having lots of other helpful players running all over the place. They will only be able to select their permanent server at the time they will go down to astrub, after which if they try to return to incarnam map, it would no longer be at the Incarnam server. This would also create that old self-challenge of being the highest level character in Incarnam.

Imagine the INSANE lag, which could be off-putting and some may not even make it towards Balloon to Astrub, due to technical difficulties...
0 0
Score : 25767

Imagine "Instanced" Incarnam maps. Problem solved.

1 0
Score : 736
Gunnerwolfang|2016-12-08 08:14:39
And that is the real problem in end contents.... The game got so hard that playing with others will be a lot harder than playing with your own team. Winning those extremely hard dungeons would be nearly impossible with others. If an MA could win those dungeons in 5-10 tries, a team of solo accounters would probably take twice or more times than that and who has enough time to play with the same team of players for 20-40 hours straight?

Perfectly said, that's the raw truth.
0 0
Score : 2074
Gunnerwolfang|2016-12-07 14:38:10
I play on 1 account only, but I do not play with other player.

1. My laptop and internet is not powerful, so playing with others would be a lag nightmare.
2. I want to play at my own pace, using my own playstyle.
3. I don't want to wait for others, who do not have the same playing time as me, so they might leave my team in the middle of a dungeon run.
4. I want to play, not wait for 7 other players to finish their turn.

Who says MMO is supposed to be played with others? MMO only means that others are playing the same game and the same world/server as you, not necessarily playing with you. There are other MMO that allows solo campaign mode, that do not require cooperation with others.

Right now, I am waiting for the hero system to be able to play with more characters in just 1 client.
MAing do not ruin the game, it allows players the ability to play on their own, at their own pace.

If you think Dofus is an MMO that should be played with others, then find others who share your opinion and play with them. If you can't find any, then maybe nobody share your opinion or maybe they share one of my opinion enumerated above.
I am with gunner on this topic...maybe not as angry wink hehe but I am an older player, I single account (i do have 4 accs total to do dungeons when i want to) but i prefer playing alone simply because i have the freedom of stopping at any time to do something IRL, i can quit in the middle of a dungeon and continue the next day, i am very friendly but if i'm going to group with someone i prefer grouping with only someone i know--like i don't like grouping and doing something with random people in a huge group--if i do that i will group with a guildie i know or a friend i've made and known for awhile. Other than that, i am complete solo-mode lol I log in to Dofus after a long day at work to disappear from the real world...i don't want to be social, tongue I am the casual profession type gamer who logs on, puts on my music, and sit back and work on professions, breeding, while chatting occasionally in guild/alliance-- its my peaceful time wink Tho I am a streamer and i stream on days i have off work and nothing to do IRL, but my streams are very casual as well--I do "music & chill" and stream what most will say is boring wink (questing, breeding, professions, treasure hunts) but that's who i am and that's okay biggrin So in response to the topic itself-- i can see your side and view/opinion but then at same time i dont wink i just like being anti-social sometimes heheh
0 0
Respond to this thread