FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Multi " accounting " is ruinning the game

By Sarunojii#4002 - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - December 07, 2016, 14:04:22
Reactions 48
Score : 3501

I agree with Gunner about several things but not about having Incarnam as a separate server, because it would significantly limit the freedom of players, and in my opinion, a good mmorpg gives players a lot of freedom to play the character they made in the ways that they enjoy, including leaving and later revisiting the starting area.

In my first mmorpg, at the first login, I found myself in a kind of town square that was available to all characters. I could see more experienced players but didn't talk to them at first because I thought they might be hostile to newcomers. When I did approach them after a while because I wanted to ask something, they were very nice and helpful, and I was hooked like I never had been to a game before. I think it's important that new players can meet older players and that area restrictions be few.

Moreover, if the new players in a segregated Incarnam manage to make friends there, they might choose different servers when they leave, and I think many of us know how it feels when a friend goes to another server? So I think it's better to have them on the same, real server from the start. There are surely other ways to stimulate interaction between new players.

0 0
Score : 3
Paxifix|2016-12-08 18:06:48
including leaving and later revisiting the starting area.
You can still revisit incarnam, the only difference is, it will be your permanent server incarnam and not the new account exclusive incarnam anymore.

Paxifix|2016-12-08 18:06:48
Moreover, if the new players in a segregated Incarnam manage to make friends there, they might choose different servers when they leave, and I think many of us know how it feels when a friend goes to another server? So I think it's better to have them on the same, real server from the start. There are surely other ways to stimulate interaction between new players.
You have the option of asking your new friends as to what server they will be moving to and either go to that server or convince them to go to your preferred server.
0 0

So it would actually be like a one-time free server transfer? They would bring their inventory and so on? Someone who wants to go directly to the real server could just walk right through and go down to Astrub and then go back to their server's Incarnam? In that case, I think players might as well get to choose if they want to go straight to a real server or learn the basics on the Incarnam server.

Yes, exactly, but different players may choose different servers for various reasons, so there would inevitably be some amount of emotional pain involved now and then, and I don't think new players should need to suffer that the first thing they do.

Would this Incarnam be per community or really for everyone? In the first case, I believe some communities already have only one server so it wouldn't help them. In the second case, international players would be at an obvious disadvantage, wouldn't they? Anyway, if it would be entirely optional and not an automatic dump as you suggested, then I have no further objections to the idea at this time. happy

0 0

It is technically a free server transfer, but in this case, the players will not have a permanent server yet so it is more like a new way of server selection. They choose their server after playing though incarnam. Old players can create a new character and choose to play on the Incarnam server so they can help out new players and recruit them into going to their own server.

Yes, new players will technically lose new friends, but they have more degree of freedom in doing so. in the current system, yes, new players will be playing with players that they meet, but they do not get to meet that many players if they were randomly placed on a low population server. Is it better for players to see many players when they start out, or is it better to let them blindly select their server because they will be randomly suggested to a low population server.

Incarnam servers could be global, but when they get to choose their permanent server, that is the time when they will be restricted per community, so yes, if you become friend with a french player, you will not be able to go to his server and he cannot go to your server. A bit sad, but it will have to suffice, a sacrifice in order to ensure that new players see that there are lots of players in this game.

0 0

I guess it could be recommended to start on the Incarnam server but I don't think it should be mandatory, and I definitely don't think that players should have to complete Incarnam before they can leave. Not everyone will be interested in doing all that Incarnam offers, and being forced to do things that aren't interesting will only make the game less fun.

Hold on, if the goal is to let new players see that there are lots of players in the game, won't they then be disappointed if they pick a small server? Or relieved if they prefer smaller servers, but in that case they hardly needed a crowded Incarnam server in the first place, right?

What about other ways to make it easier for new players to find people to play with?

0 0

It is not mandatory to complete incarnam to go down, they could talk to the balloon NPC and choose to go down and select their permanent server. They can then go back and do the quest later, but it would be on their permanet server's incarnam.

Yes, they might be disappointed if their server choice is low population, but it would be their choice. The point is, with my suggestion, they would have many other players to talk to and some of them will be old players who can tell them the state of the servers when they get down.

There are ofcourse other ways, other suggestion to make new players see more people, like the inter-server team finder dungeon system. but that is for another thread

0 0
Score : 1012

Why i multi acount? Easy.. Because i don't want to make a 45mins run get ruined because someone hit a monster that got 4mp and 100000000dmg afterwards and lose because of that... When i lose i can blame myself.. and blaming myself makes me feel better than blaming someone else because i will know not to make the same mistake again and the other person might not do the same.. and waste another 45mins of my life.. This is why i multiaccount.. i play with my team alongside my guild mates.

0 0
Score : 1754

like i said earlier this is the result of the player's mentality changing . a while back we didn't mind teaming up with randoms and actually enjoy the game step by step. now dofus has become : rush to 200 zaap sit and kolo lol

0 0
Score : 125

I multi account because I have a wife & kids and work shifts 6 days a week! my play time is so varied and limited that the idea if having to wait for others, be on a certain time to play with friends and have to do a complete dungeon in 1 run (!) would make the game impossible for me!
Currently on a 9 day long frig dungeon run, that's some major AFKing there my friend

0 0
Respond to this thread