FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Reviewing 2016 and previewing 2017

By [Tot] - ADMIN - December 23, 2016, 16:14:42
DevTracker Announcements
Reactions 217
Score : 391

Any information on how the Steam release went & if its done well enough to be (eventually) released in the UK?

0 0
Score : 4435

All English server populations combined is still tiny compared to a single French server :p merge em! wub 

0 0
Score : 96

Book 1: Julith movie didn't do well? I loved that movie, though...

0 0
Score : 3207
Lost-Worldz|2016-12-25 18:00:50
All English server populations combined is still tiny compared to a single French server :p merge em! wub

It would be better to first merge communities, some are very isolated as it is now. Every community should have at least three servers to choose between, so first merge English community with International, Dutch, German and Russian for example, and merge Italian and Portuguese with Spanish because their languages are rather similar anyway. If that's still not enough for three or more servers per community, then merge all non-French communities into one International community.

Having several servers for each community gives players a choice and an alternative if they're not happy on their server, be it because they think it's too big or too small or that the players there are not very nice or some other issue. If there's only one server in a community and people are not happy there, what can they do? If they can't try their luck on another server, the only option is to suffer or quit, and those are not good options.
0 0
Score : -63

I don't get your argument. Merging pt-br with italian and spanish would be the same thing of merging english with germans or french. Its not because we have 1-2 words that are the same, that it would help. It would only get worse. And this "anyway" just seems like you don't care enough.

People always have problem with someone that they cant comunicate. If we could get every pt/br from aermyne and helioboros and put in spiritia, it would already be great.

And not sure if they would want SA people in international servers. A lot of games just ban our IP to not play in these servers, and they just try to create as soon as possible SA servers because of that.

While i agree that some people don't wan't to play on a old server, it would be hard to create any new server without merging everything and damaging the main one.

0 -1

I'm not a linguist but I'm very interested in different languages, and the Roman languages seem a lot more similar than the Germanic languages, so I would have thought that Brazilians could more or less understand Spanish because there are so many similarities in words and grammar, much more than a couple of words? Italian is a little more different, so perhaps I was overly optimistic there.

I did suggest merging English with German and Dutch, exactly because they are Germanic languages, even though they are very different. How can you compare the difference between Spanish and Portuguese with the difference between English and French, though? French is also a Roman language and therefore closer to Spanish. Of course English is a bit of a creole language...

It's exactly because of communication that I suggested merging communities according to language similarities when it's possible. If not everyone knows English or French, as is often the case, it's easier to guess what someone is saying if the language is similar. But I guess basing communities on continent (such as SA or NA) is an alternative. Then people would at least share time zones.

By the way, I'm sorry if it sounded as if I didn't care about other communities. It is rather the opposite, I have heard that some are very isolated and have nowhere to go if they don't like it on their server, and that's why I suggested merging communities when it's needed.

0 0
Score : 622

I expected so see more people present their opinions on what Ankama should be focusing on in 2017, 'bit disappointed to see such little discussion though (I'm not surprised, considering they probably wont even bat an eye to the International community).

Anyway, what I'd like to see it:
- More communication with your players (especially the International community)
- Game advertisement (like on miniclip... where I'm assuming a large majority of the players first found this game)
- Balanced PvM content
- Quest revamp
- Professions rework
- Class balances (Bribery is broken as hell... Enirispa's heals... Osamodas' summons etc.)
- More F2P content. The recent Steam release should show you that the subscription model doesn't exactly capture the eyes of new customers
- Server merges (This seems to be happening already so...)
- Bonus: Instances to combat certain issues which would arise from server merging (such as two people owning the same house)
- Hero system (? I don't like multi-accounting much so this is up in the air for me)

And those are what I can think of on the top of my head.

2 0
Score : 2799
Thank you for this message Tot smile It's nice of you to be in touch, even if it isn't as often as you (or we) would like! tongue

I really enjoyed the Dofus movie. I share your disappointment with the critiques and the box office figures. Your team has enormous talent and vision, but let's be realistic: you cannot realise your full potential by selling niche products through unorthodox production channels. Use your resources to deliver an outstanding product to a wider audience; convince your customers/investors that you are competitive and invest-able. Do this right and one day people will look back at your earlier work like "DOFUS - Book 1" and wonder why it was not received with canapés and a fanfare. Bend over to corporate today and you could have more money and freedom to explore your creative interests in the future!

The server mergers are the most critical item in 2017 for me. I am not against a merger, but you have to make sure that the heart and soul of each server is preserved. This is very complicated to achieve because there are too many things at stake such as Guilds, Guild names, character names, houses, and competition trophies (like the podiums that will arise from Clash of Guilds Season 2).

Instead of combing or deleting servers, why don't you create some screens or maps that anyone from any server (or community) can access? It could be like the Tournament Server in Clash of Guilds - maps where the server prefix (ZAT for Zato, for example) allows two people with identical names from different servers to exit simultaneously. By visiting these maps we can interact with people from other servers and access a market that transcends server boundaries. Wouldn't that be easier, cheaper and more fair than deleting servers outright?

~Winter
5 0
Score : 1719

honestly the only thing i'm asking from ankama at this point is game advertising. ankama as a whole is just completely absent from the media sphere . no internet ads no tv ads. nothing. and as a member of the community i'm so tired of seeing "returning" players ; i think we all want to see fresh blood. it's been said before your head of communication is mediocre at best and that's a fact
now onto a more positive note ; i'm happy with the updates we've had and i'm looking forward to new things.

0 0

That suggestion about some inter-server maps is very interesting! Too early to say if it's a good idea or not but definitely very interesting! happy

Concerning advertising, I don't see how Ankama is supposed to do that. They have players all over the world and there are so many channels now, not everyone watches TV anymore for example. How could they advertise effectively outside of France? I'm sure they would already be doing it if it was worthwhile. Maybe they are doing it but on channels none of us have seen.

That is probably part of why they really want us players to spread the word on social media. I don't use social media much but I've seen that they now and then give away goodies to players who share their posts.

0 0
Score : 2799

Indeed! The suggestion about inter-server maps came up during a discord chat yesterday. Zing was the chap who brought it up. cool

Click here

If you think about it, "Clash of Guilds Season 2" is practically play-testing this idea. There are houses, markets and people and Guilds from all servers. Not just 5 servers like Rushu, Solar, Zato, Rosal and Shika: also the French and other language servers, with a total of 180 Guilds. One could say that it's proven to work already...

1 0
Score : 507
YEEART|2016-12-27 17:39:49
I expected so see more people present their opinions on what Ankama should be focusing on in 2017, 'bit disappointed to see such little discussion though (I'm not surprised, considering they probably wont even bat an eye to the International community).

Anyway, what I'd like to see it:
- More communication with your players (especially the International community)
- Game advertisement (like on miniclip... where I'm assuming a large majority of the players first found this game)
- Balanced PvM content
- Quest revamp
- Professions rework
- Class balances (Bribery is broken as hell... Enirispa's heals... Osamodas' summons etc.)
- More F2P content. The recent Steam release should show you that the subscription model doesn't exactly capture the eyes of new customers
- Server merges (This seems to be happening already so...)
- Bonus: Instances to combat certain issues which would arise from server merging (such as two people owning the same house)
- Hero system (? I don't like multi-accounting much so this is up in the air for me)

And those are what I can think of on the top of my head.

- Yes, more communication is always nice
- Steam is a start but more would be nice
- Definitely need that, not balanced but more just reasonable difficulty or multiple difficulty. Right now the only option for 200 dungeons is super hardcore so you can't take whatever class you like and even then theyre hard to beat.
- What kind of revamp are you talking about?
- How long have you played this game? Professions got reworked already like a few months ago or something, maybe last year.
- Class balances? Only balance right now thats really needed is for osas since they can do over 2k dmg and 2k heals in 1 turn. How is bribery broken? They already nerfed bribery awhile back so that the target can't take damage. Eni heals? Haven't noticed that big of an issue, they're definitely one of the stronger classes since their rework though.
- I doubt F2P content is going to happen, Dofus is going to have to go full F2P with maybe an optional subscription that provides some kind of benefits to attract more players. In France I don't think it'll go F2P anytime soon but for International the population is getting pretty low now
- Yea hopefully in march they merge
- I guess instances would work but I'm sure they're already thinking of that
- Hero system? Like sidekicks u mean or what?
0 0
Score : 1552

I was hoping to see something about the Ouginaks that was slated for 2016 but got swapped with the Sac revamp.

0 0
Score : 27

The graphics previews made me and my dofus friends start seriously looking for another game. After years of talking about the enormous pvp potential of dofus and never reading a hint of an intention to move in that direction, seeing the character design involve to some disgusting bad trip result is a strong motivation to follow the many players who left Dofus for the various free MOBAs available.
The main problems in Dofus are:
- progressive character development and content usage (the easy 1 to 200 grinding kills lower level dungeons, equipment and in game economy)
- zone conquest and control (AvA is completely unfit for a turn based tactics game)
- class balance
- erosion system

Please leave graphics as they are, for they are one of the things that make this game peculiar and enjoyable.

0 0
Score : 3884

I get so confused now when people say "International" community/servers and "English" community/servers. From my understanding for a very long time which I based off information provided on the Server Status page is that Aermyne, Oto Mustam, and Shadow are categorised as "International". This forum, we call ourselves Pangea as a community (a name rarely used) is "English". Our community consist of Rushu, Rosal, Shika, Solar, and Zatoishwan. Shika used to be alone by itself as the sole server of the UK/Ireland community until Ankama decided to merge it with ours.

There has always been some kind of confusion on this as old players and new players alike fail to keep up-to-date with how Ankama categorise. When some people talk about International but assume English, or the complete opposite it becomes really confusing.

Can we get an official answer on this, who is who? Am I right or am I right? Because this is driving me crazy. :wacko: 

I've heard it many times when people from our community still call ourselves International when we really are now categorised as English, it drives me up the wall. Though I can't blame them for their inability to change the way they think because we were once called International long before the introduction of Aermyne/Oto Mustam/Shadow.

0 0
Score : 3145

I can try to clarify this based on my own experience.

According to Ankama, the servers are officially classified as following:
Zatoishwan, Rosal, Shika, Solar, Rushu are formally considered to be English (UK and Ireland) servers (official language is English)
Aermyne, Oto Mustam, Shadow are formally considered to be International servers
Dark Vlad is formally considered to be Dutch server
Nomarow is formally considered to be Russian server
(Source of this is main page of Dofus -> Community -> Server Status)

BUT!

In experience, the servers Rushu and Aermyne can be the servers to create confusions.
Rushu server, while is considered an English server, can in reality be accessed by several communities (such as french, russian, polish, turkish, dutch, in fact every community can be seen in Rushu) without any need to change country or IP or any sort of that. That's the reason Rushu is usually mistakenly called International. But to be honest I also personally prefer to call Rushu an "International" server because that's where several nationalities can be found.
Aermyne, however, was made by merging an English (?) and Japanese Community and doesn't have English as an official language, hence why it is being International as it officially accepts at least English and Japanese language. However this server can't be accessed by other communities which in reality makes Aermyne "less International" than Rushu.

The morale? The Ankama logic is again being very strange ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0 -1

Yes, that is confusing. The way I understood it is that all the English servers are international in the sense that they can be accessed by countries that don't have another community, like most of the world, and the English just means that English is the official language on those servers and we're not allowed to use other languages in public chat. The International servers, on the other hand, are the ones that are International but where the official language is not English.

But maybe I got it all wrong, so a clarification from Ankama would be nice. happy 

0 0

All in all, trololo2222 is right, except about Aermyne. As such, please allow me to expand on his post:

trololo2222|2017-01-01 17:46:14
According to Ankama, the servers are officially classified as following:
Zatoishwan, Rosal, Shika, Solar, Rushu are formally considered to be English (UK and Ireland) servers (official language is English)
Aermyne, Oto Mustam, Shadow are formally considered to be International servers
Dark Vlad is formally considered to be Dutch server
Nomarow is formally considered to be Russian server
(Source of this is main page of Dofus -> Community -> Server Status)

BUT!

Rushu is actually an International Server, in the sense that anyone, from any community, can access it. It is classified as an English server because the official language of the server is English.

Aermyne, though, is completely international. Any player from any Community can access it. All languages are accepted, the two most common (at least, from our observations) being German (hence why the Aermyne forums are located within the DE DOFUS forums) and English.
Score : 25831

Still does not solve the dilemma of players on isolated servers not being able to server transfer from their server to Rushu or Aermine.

Now we just have to wait for Ankama to create a new International server Lumino and all low population will be merged into that server. This way, noone owns any real state, names and territory. Everyone will be starting out fresh and it will be a game of luck as to who will be lucky enough to buy prime real estate or who will get to use their character name first (unless they use the server prefix system).

Edit: It just occurred to me, what if they merged 12 low population servers and name the new server as "The World of Twelve" pertaining to the 12 servers that was merged... tongue 

0 0
Score : 3145

Well, I find the Aermyne to be still a misleading server, I for instance can not access Aermyne.

Thus I consider it false that "Aermyne is accessible by all communities".
0 0
Respond to this thread