FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Clash Of Guilds II: the results!

By #[Nerodos] - ADMIN - January 20, 2017, 15:00:00
Reactions 67
Score : 25826
Arxion|2017-01-22 05:41:11
Gunner, buddy, please don't assume to know what I have considered. If anything, I have acknowledged their point of view but offered alternative views while you on the other hand can't even acknowledge Ankama might have mishandled this event or that any of our points are valid because in fact they are not without merit.
What alternative view have you offered? You do not even know if Ankama mishandled the event or if this is the extent of what they can do. Answer me this, can Ankama check if all members of each of the 160 guild are multi-accounting before the start of phase 2? Have you considered that doing that would be next to impossible?

Yes, they could have checked ownership of accounts before hand if they had given players more than 36 hours to register. Sure they wouldn't be able to tell intent but that point would be moot if it was just done it properly in the beginning.

Sure it's their event and they can proceed how they want but as I have said before that attitude and this handling only serves to lessen involvement in the future. You can't argue they are being strict to not lose face because they did not actually enforce the literal multi-accounting part of the rule. They picked what was most convenient to enforce. And again, if the basic rules were clear(which they weren't as shown by the many examples already) there wouldn't be this much of an issue.

We get your point of view, and it probably will be how Ankama proceeds because that is what they have always done. It is just a shame because as has been pointed out it really conflicts with their saying they want better communication and instead we still get 'this is our way, suck it up or get out of here' mentality.
What more do you want from Ankama, they have discussed the rule and it was clear even for me who do not participate that registering multiple accounts is not allowed. How could they expect that serious contestant will not even bother reading the discussion on the rule? If someone like me who do not even bother competing have no problem understanding the rule on registering multiple account, then what do the competitor do to have missed such an important discussion on something they seriously want to compete on?

And since Ankama was supposed to be inconsistent with rules, why didn't those guild verified the rules if they know ankama is inconsistent in the first place? Its like, here is a company who is inconsistent with the rules, let's join their contest and forget the rules??? Seriously?

And when they get punished for their lack of effort understanding the rules, they threaten that they will not join next time? Please don't join anymore, leave these competitions to the 100+ guilds who did their best in verifying and following the rules. Less trouble for Ankama. Stop wasting your time joining halfheartedly.

Trying to talk about things is the only way to improve but if they keep your mentality things will just stay the same and then everyone is a loser.
Actually, as the result show, not everyone is a loser.
You can talk and talk about what is ideal, but reality is a different story, there is no way to shove information to those who do not exert effort understanding those information. That is the reality of life. There is no perfect or ideal world, accept reality or you will continue to miss important rules and remain a loser. If the rule is confusing, ask for clarification instead of complaining later. Others did and they managed to understand the rule just fine.

This is a serious competition, it is a clash, an important event, you either sink or swim, you have to go all out, "This is Sparta!". If you join half-hearted expecting to be spoonfed the rules and be babysit as you compete, then you are bound to join the losing circle. That is the hard reality of life. Keep up or keep out.
0 0
Score : 3145

Well I disagree that Ankama is unable to verify multiaccounting despite the high number of participants. If they did so after 3rd stage (and they clearly did hence all the disqualifications), it means they could have done it before 2nd stage as well.

But I'm still bothered by the fact that in our guild's case we were notified about the accidental multiaccount problem and we managed to luckily avoid the disqualification before 2nd stage began.
I'm not sure why other guilds weren't notified if it was the same problem, I have a feeling there is more reason to it.

0 0
Score : 2799

Our Community's results (and our friends at Dark Vlad) have done exceptionally well! This is so impressive. wub

Huge congratulations to everyone. Our Community's results are incredible. We have a participant in the top 10 (at #9, Guild Platinum from Rushu). And would you believe it - Zato, officially the smallest server in all of Dofus, made it to the top 20 (#20, our Guild Noblesse Oblige). Finishing 2nd in our Community and 20th globally, we are sending a message to Ankama: even the smallest server has a big heart.

I hope that when the server merge is carried out, server mementos will be added to preserve the incredible achievements of all participants. This is already in discussion in another thread ( Click here , post #125 ).

~Winter

1 0
Score : 887

Congrats to all guilds who won podium placements for their respective servers and well done to everyone who took part. It was a enjoyable and fun event.
Did the development team like the Starbound guild fanart? which included kralove and ten guild members. I did the drawing and my guild leader Clayguy coloured it smile 

0 0
Score : 86

If the rules were so clear why were 46 out of the 180ish guilds stage 2 results disqualified for this one thing? Seems a major problem when over a quarter the event participants has this issue. I've had enough of this discussion though. The points have been presented and it is in Ankama's hands now.

0 0

I agree that this particular discussion should end. I have presented and explained our position, and you have made your counter-arguments. Unfortunately, I believe there is nothing more to add, on either side. The disqualifications will stand.

We will, however, keep your points in mind for future contest, especially about making the rules as clear as possible from the start.

StonerElfMarley|2017-01-21 03:56:02
As well in the next event and future forum posts can you update information INTO the original post? It's rather annoying missing the rules for a tournament or releases of new information because they are on page 30 of 60 or similar of a forum post versus being in the information post or the designated Rules page.

I believe this is a fair request.

I believe so too. Actually, discussing it with fellow CMs, I was considering adding the answers to any questions asked in the first comment post of any and all future contest threads. That wouldn't be the OP, but still very easy to check up on. Would that be OK?

trololo2222|2017-01-21 06:58:43
what I mean is that ankama might have actually done some kind of check before stage 2 if they did notice that fact and notified us, so I'm not sure why you weren't having any problem until now.

Simply put, the checks made during the registration phase were automated, and the checks made after the end of Stage 3 were man-made. They took more time, but were more precise.

Winterheart|2017-01-22 13:55:06
Zato, officially the smallest server in all of Dofus

Actually, Nomarrow is the smallest server in all of DOFUS. By far.

Zargabanth|2017-01-22 16:01:49
Did the development team like the Starbound guild fanart? which included kralove and ten guild members. I did the drawing and my guild leader Clayguy coloured it

We did enjoy it. I don't think I'm allowed to share the exact grades, but you got a rather good one.

I'm still chasing down the prize distribution timeframe and clarification about the podiums, sorry.
Nerodos|2017-01-23 10:17:34
Actually, Nomarrow is the smallest server in all of DOFUS. By far.

We looked up some server stats in a previous thread, a while back, and for some reason we were convinced it's the smallest server. ohmy oh well, I stand corrected.
0 0

So you do. Also, thanks for allowing me to not double-post, as that's against the rules and always an ethical conundrum for me.

Prize distribution for COG2 will start at the end of the week, with the Stage 1 prizes. However, as there are, in the end, a lot of different prizes to be distributed to a lot of people, please expect it to take some time (a couple weeks, at least) before it is fully completed.

About the podiums, there's nothing particular planned in-game. The word was used to highlight the fact that three winners would be designated and ranked for each server, and would win rewards based on said ranking. That said, we did very clearly promise that the Coat of Arms of every first place winner be displayed, and we are still brainstorming the best way to do that, keeping in mind the impending server merge. As such, I'll get back to you on that score once I know more.

Score : 3145

Oh my, I'm a bit dissapointed Ankama promised the rewards very clearly, but doesn't even know how to do it?

Izmar|2016-12-01 17:00:00

So what about prizes?

Glory and honour, sir! But that's not all!

For winning guilds:

A podium for the 3 victorious guilds will be set up on each server.

The first guild on each server will win exclusive items: “Guild Helmet and Cloak”, 3 x Guild Mystery Boxes for each of its members*, and have their coat of arms displayed.

The second guild on each server will win 3 x Guild Mystery Boxes for each of its members*.
The third guild on each server will win 1 x Guild Mystery Box for each of its members*.

+ The guild with the best overall score, all servers included, will receive the exclusive title of “Emeritus Ally” as well as the “Iop” fatal blow for each of the 16 members who participated in the achievements race.

*Including those who were not on the server during the competition.

Stage 1 - Dungeon race:

All the groups that complete the 7 dungeons in Stage 1 win 1 x Dominator Mystery Box.

Stage 3 - Artistic challenge:

For each of the categories there will be an overall top 10, all servers combined:

Drawing: the top 10 win the Painting emote + an emote of their choice in the shop.
Writing: the top 10 win the Writing emote + an emote of their choice in the shop.
Music: the top 10 win the Flute emote + an emote of their choice in the shop.
Video: the top 10 win the Gerbean pet + an emote of their choice in the shop.

Stage 2 & 3:

All of the players who actively and successfully take part in stage 2 and 3 win a Snow Bow Meow pet.

I have nothing against Nerodos, however promising something Ankama can't deliver is... unprofessional from their side, if I might dare to say.
0 0

If I may clarify two points, please.

First, about this quote from the original COG2 News thread:

Izmar|2016-12-01 17:00:00
A podium for the 3 victorious guilds will be set up on each server.

That's an unfortunate (and quite disgraceful) error in the translation. It should read "A podium [...] will be set up for each server.", as that's what the FR (and original) version is saying and intending. Noticing that does make some of the confusion clearer to me now, and I apologise I did not catch it sooner.

Second, the issue with displaying the Coat of Arms lies with the server merge. When the contest was thought up, organised, and presented to you, the server merge was still something the developers were thinking about, not something we knew how to do (and even less something we knew we'd do anytime soon). As such, what we had envisioned was a server-per-server kind of thing, wherein each winning Guild's Coat of Arm would be displayed on their respective server. We can still do that, but it would be meaningless in a short few months, and nobody wants that. So, instead, we're trying to figure out something that would endure the server merge. As there was no way to plan for this from the very start, we've fallen behind, and we do apologise for that.
Score : 86

Sorry to hear Ankama's decision. Willfully choosing not to enforce all the rules about multi-accounting(as defined for this specific competition) invalidates the results in my mind, and many others I am sure. It also enforces the view Ankama hasn't really changed about really wanting to have better communication.

Good luck in any future events because I know there will be less participation because of this one.

0 0
Score : 18

Are you kidding me? All those efforts and hours spent on grinding dungeons and now we wont get our guild helmets/cloaks?

1 0
Score : 20

excuse me but I think every guild that participated in the COG event were interrested in the guild hat/cape, everyone did an effort to win, I think that the winners from Rosal, Zat, Solar, Shika, stil wants the reward for what they've fought for, which obviously is the guild hat/cape.
I find it hard to believe people would do all this work, if we knew in advance something has to be worked out due to server-merge.

Im not sure if any of the mentioned server/guilds above feels the same way as we do but, something tells me inside they do.
The Prize shouldn't be changed due to a server merge, prizes were gladly mentioned, and they should be given as they were written in the COG page.

0 0
Score : 572
Nerodos|2017-01-23 11:14:38
About the podiums, there's nothing particular planned in-game. The word was used to highlight the fact that three winners would be designated and ranked for each server, and would win rewards based on said ranking. That said, we did very clearly promise that the Coat of Arms of every first place winner be displayed, and we are still brainstorming the best way to do that, keeping in mind the impending server merge. As such, I'll get back to you on that score once I know more.

Thanks Nerodos, I understand what you mean now by the "podium" translation mistake and its not big deal at all.

I will keep an eye out for information about the Coat of Arms though. Even if its something just displayed temporarily before the server mergers, we are looking forward to a celebratory clan photo in front of it!
0 0

I am looking forward to the coat of arms too = ) It was the main driving force behind our participation. Personally I don't mind that the prizes have to change a little bit (or a lot) to accommodate the server merge. However, I believe that a Coat of Arms post-merge could exist without anyone's hair or beard falling off. We could have the Coat of Arms displayed in a book in-game; pages from a book could indicate who the server winners were, displaying their Coat of Arms. A solution such as this could simultaneously satisfy our request for a server memento = )

The Guild cape and Hat are just wearable items that link to the wearer's Guild, if I am not mistaken. As far as I am aware we are still getting these.

~Winter

0 0
Gh99R|2017-01-23 20:51:06
Are you kidding me? All those efforts and hours spent on grinding dungeons and now we wont get our guild helmets/cloaks?

nik-o-kin--arrrghh-p|2017-01-23 21:01:23
excuse me but I think every guild that participated in the COG event were interrested in the guild hat/cape, everyone did an effort to win, I think that the winners from Rosal, Zat, Solar, Shika, stil wants the reward for what they've fought for, which obviously is the guild hat/cape.
I find it hard to believe people would do all this work, if we knew in advance something has to be worked out due to server-merge.

Im not sure if any of the mentioned server/guilds above feels the same way as we do but, something tells me inside they do.
The Prize shouldn't be changed due to a server merge, prizes were gladly mentioned, and they should be given as they were written in the COG page.

First of all, I'd like to thank Winterheart for reassuring me that I didn't miscommunicate that badly when explaining the issue with the Coat of Arms. To let him reiterate:
Winterheart|2017-01-23 23:28:21
The Guild cape and Hat are just wearable items that link to the wearer's Guild, if I am not mistaken. As far as I am aware we are still getting these.

The same, of course, goes for the Guild Mystery Boxes that are also part of the rewards for clearing COG2.

The only reward we need to work a bit more on before we're ready to present it to you is the displaying of the Coat of Arms of each server's first-place winning Guild. Everything else (Dominator/Guild Mystery Boxes, Guild Hat/Cape, Snow Bow Meow, Painting and misc Emotes) will be distributed within a couple of weeks.
Score : 735
Nerodos|2017-01-23 10:17:34
I agree that this particular discussion should end. I have presented and explained our position, and you have made your counter-arguments. Unfortunately, I believe there is nothing more to add, on either side. The disqualifications will stand.

We will, however, keep your points in mind for future contest, especially about making the rules as clear as possible from the start.

StonerElfMarley|2017-01-21 03:56:02
As well in the next event and future forum posts can you update information INTO the original post? It's rather annoying missing the rules for a tournament or releases of new information because they are on page 30 of 60 or similar of a forum post versus being in the information post or the designated Rules page.

I believe this is a fair request.

I believe so too. Actually, discussing it with fellow CMs, I was considering adding the answers to any questions asked in the first comment post of any and all future contest threads. That wouldn't be the OP, but still very easy to check up on. Would that be OK?

That sounds Perfectly reasonable to me thank you nerodos!
2 -1
Score : -8

Stupid...
Honestly.. there even was proof and they didn't even care about some other multi-accounting
never gonna participate again.

1 -2
Score : 1115

So... everyone got their rewards, nice capes/hats

This event is/was bullshit. It's just stupid to give people who didn't participate in the event the rewards... Some didn't even know there was an event and still they're dressed in the hat/cloak. But many others, who wanted them so bad, but got disqualified for the most stipudiest reasons I can think off, didn't get them. Why? Because they didn't want to play the unfair game. They didn't create alts to put them in the guild which was gonna win (for some servers more than other this was quite clear). How does that sound fair to you? Thank ankama, thanks nerodos and whoever else "organised" this event. It was heaps of fun *cough*.

0 -4
Score : 572

If I have an item mimisymbic'ed currently, will equipping the Guild Cloak or Helm remove the mimisymbic?

0 0
Respond to this thread