FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

International server populations' future

By Koekzak - SUBSCRIBER - February 01, 2017, 15:45:56

Okay so some of you may already have heard of it. But Ankama has decided to block most payment methods for a huge amount of people. I personally think the long term effect of this will be that a lot of people quit. Ogrines prices will become incredibly high due to the amount of people being able to sell them lowering by a lot while the amount of people who want to buy them raises by a lot (supply - demand). Pair this with the fact that many people who at first bought sub through actual money rather than ogrines won't be able to do so anymore you got yourself a heavy decrease in population throughout the servers. Server population lowering by a lot also means other people will quit simply because their friends may quit or there are less people to play with in general on an already low population. So in the end, I think this might actually result in the game quite literally being dead when the supply of ogrines runs out.

Opinions? I may be thinking to far ahead now but yeah..

Another angle could be that people at first decide to use third parties to purchase kamas from and use this kamas to buy ogrines. This will once again only last until the supply of ogrines runs out because I think the market is to small to be enough for everyone. So this might also mean more income for third parties equals more ideas to create new sources of kamas for them (bots) = not good for the game.. once more.

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 3484

Source and specifics on "Ankama has decided to block most payment methods for a huge amount of people." please?

0 0
Score : 359
Paxifix|2017-02-01 18:13:50
Source and specifics on "Ankama has decided to block most payment methods for a huge amount of people." please?
It's simple. Paypal is out for buying ogrines to use the services and stuff like that. I have a Maestro which they don't accept and make the whole things more annoying.

As OP said , english-speaking servers are going to be dead in no time (Rushu is the only exception) because the other ones are dominated by a single alliance with pay to win players which makes this game disgusting. 2.0's ogrines/kamas exchange was a mistake. Ogrines should provide you only the services. They already made this game to be p2p , now they made it p2w too because why not. I played on Solar and I can say the server is dead. Simply dead. Dominated by a single alliance with a few active people. Playing 1.29 and I hope they will never close the server because that's the true Dofus , not the abomination it became. I mean , 2.0 has a lot more content but only the fact that with 20 Euros worth of ogrines , you get 10-11MK (which obviously can get you a lot of stuff) makes it not worth playing. This makes the economy go to hell because there's no motivation in getting a profession or go hunting , etc.

Regarding the kamas sites , I think their prices are the same with buying and exchanging ogrines or a bit lower. Anyways , there weren't many players that used this method , maybe some kids to be "OP" but I don't think there's a huge amount of people doing this.
0 0
Score : 3511

Every single English server will be combined together, as well as added with the Russian, Dutch, German, International and Italian server to create a single server.

The population will actually be 4x greater than Rushu currently has. This is slated to happen in April/May of this year.

Dofus is out on Steam in various countries and it is possible to subscribe through use of the Steam Wallet.

0 0
Score : 2613
As OP said , english-speaking servers are going to be dead in no time (Rushu is the only exception) because the other ones are dominated by a single alliance with pay to win players which makes this game disgusting.

Untrue, but otherwise, I'd like to see a post from a CCM about the Ogrine buying thing. I'm not impacted or anything, but curious to know about this.
0 0
Score : 606

The reason I said a lot of payment methods were being blocked is because they are blocked for me, while I live in the Netherlands which is a pretty wealthy country that uses the same currency as France. After being blocked myself - I asked about in on my server (Rushu) through alliance chat and other means. Apparently I wasn't the only one, and a lot of people were experiencing the same problems (from different countries and different payment methods). That's why I concluded this.

0 0
Respond to this thread