The DOFUS Cup Revealed!

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - February 23, 2017, 17:00:00
Announcements
Reactions 88
Score : 130

Any info on when Ouginak can join in?

0 0
Score : 13290

Can we get a clarification on the rules? I don't see anything forbidding it as there is no mention of duplicate classes, but lets say someone wanted to make a team of 3 Rogues or something like that (Don't ask....) , would that be allowed?

Under the assumption that duplicate classes are not allowed, there are 680 valid team compositions.

0 -1
Score : 2650
Nerd-Tease|2017-02-24 10:36:23
Can we get a clarification on the rules? I don't see anything forbidding it as there is no mention of duplicate classes, but lets say someone wanted to make a team of 3 Rogues or something like that (Don't ask....) , would that be allowed?

Under the assumption that duplicate classes are not allowed, there are 680 valid team compositions.
elio/eca combo was also very broken when i saw it on the ghoult. 1 turn killed all 3 enemies. damn xD
0 0
Score : 1422
Rezilia|2017-02-24 09:51:06
As Ouginaks are forbidden for the entirety of the tournament, I can only assume the answer to that is the next time they have a tournament like this.
Ouginaks are likely banned since they haven't been out very long, and are therefore unbalanced
0 0
Score : 6375

Will all the excisting Dofus be available too?

0 0
Score : 7
bolleke|2017-02-24 14:04:29
Will all the excisting Dofus be available too?

Will be available the same as in the CoG possibly
0 0
TheNorseman|2017-02-24 09:31:11
Will we be able to mage weapon dmg.

No smithmaging of any kind will be possible on the tournament server.

TheNorseman|2017-02-24 09:31:11
And will we have access to all eggs and trophies?

As augustozeo noted, it should be the same as the bank of items that was made available to you during COG2, meaning Dofus and Trophies will be available. I'm trying to get my hands on a full list, please bear with me.

Rezilia|2017-02-24 09:51:06

When Inuteroden is right, he's right:
Inuteroden|2017-02-24 11:58:13
As Ouginaks are forbidden for the entirety of the tournament, I can only assume the answer to that is the next time they have a tournament like this.
Ouginaks are likely banned since they haven't been out very long, and are therefore unbalanced

I'd add, though, that we are quite happy with the balance of the Ouginak at the moment (which doesn't mean it won't be slightly balanced in upcoming Updates, just that nothing seems entirely too broken), but we need more data before considering what Ouginak/Class pairings should be forbidden, for instance. We can't add them to the pool of classes before we know that.

Nerd-Tease|2017-02-24 10:36:23

You're right, it's not in the small excerpts of the rules we've given you here, but duplicate classes are indeed forbidden. Triplicates, even more so.

Since I'm on the subject: as indicated in the OP, full rules will be published shortly. When that happens, I'll gather all your questions from this thread that have no answer directly in the rules and repost them (with their answer) as a sort of FAQ in the comments of the rules. In the meantime, please bear with me if I don't have an answer.
Score : 311

so where do you go to sign up??

0 0

For the moment, you don't.

The registrations will only open on March 2nd, we'll tell you how to register then.

Score : 2069

Can we have the map layout? thanks

EDIT:and will we be able to have all the spells eg. cawwot/boomerange?

0 0
Score : 127

I really hope you're allowing participants to choose between the dofus' & and that you let us use mimis!
Good job Ankama, great idea! Keep this up.

0 0
Score : 2281

Will we be able to multilog in case of a no-show? Or be able to sub said no-show?

And will we have to pre make our team comp, or will we be able to make/gear them after we know what we're playing for the fight?

0 0
Score : 7
immortalityforme|2017-02-25 06:08:17

EDIT:and will we be able to have all the spells eg. cawwot/boomerange?
all (-(Cawwot and boomerange too)-) the spells will be able

trilkgh|2017-02-25 20:53:10
Will we be able to multilog in case of a no-show? Or be able to sub said no-show?

And will we have to pre make our team comp, or will we be able to make/gear them after we know what we're playing for the fight?

multilog isnt able on the cup ( Same IP is equal to disqualification if you havent talked with the contest organizers)

Giving your account to another person is illegal and ankama can ban you for that ((4.3 article))
0 0
Score : 1213

Is there any way to team up with random people ? or i have to find people before hand? Because all my friends have stopped playing this game. ( Also do we get 1 or 2 days to practice and figure out sets ?

1 0
Score : 735

Quote (TheNorseman @ 24 February 2017 09:31)

Will we be able to mage weapon dmg.
No smithmaging of any kind will be possible on the tournament server.

Quote (TheNorseman @ 24 February 2017 09:31)
And will we have access to all eggs and trophies?
As augustozeo noted, it should be the same as the bank of items that was made available to you during COG2, meaning Dofus and Trophies will be available. I'm trying to get my hands on a full list, please bear with me.

Wont let me quote Nerodos so copy paste. :Shrugs:

Nerodos maybe edit the first one, I understand technically you are correct however as per the second one almost every weapon in the bank had an already element maged copy in bank alongside it, and that is what TheNorseman was wanting.

0 0
Score : 222

IMPORTANT NOTE

• If you want to change the class of a character that is participating in the tournament, you have until 11:59 PM (Paris time) on Sunday, February 26, 2017. Registered characters who change their class after this date will be disqualified from the tournament.
  • Registered characters are also prohibited from transfering servers on Tuesday, March 7th, 2017 upon pain of disqualification.
Is there a typo? Or is that supposed to say 26th of February? How can we change characters participating if we haven't even registered.
0 0

That's not a typo. You can no longer class change the character you wish to register.

For two of the other questions in this thread, I refer you to augustozeo, who happens to be right. As for the other questions:

trilkgh|2017-02-25 20:53:10

The first fights of each day will be announced the previous day, meaning you'll have some time to prepare. However, during a given day, fight pairings will be announced no more than half an hour in advance, so you'd have to be quick.

Exsplosive-Dudes|2017-02-25 14:15:04
I really hope [...] that you let us use mimis!

Sorry, but no.

immortalityforme|2017-02-25 06:08:17

The maps used will be the same as the Goultarminator 2016 maps.

donmasa|2017-02-26 11:39:55
Is there any way to team up with random people ? or i have to find people before hand?

You have to find people beforehand and register a full team.

donmasa|2017-02-26 11:39:55
Also do we get 1 or 2 days to practice and figure out sets ?

You should. The registrations will end on a Tuesday, and then it will take a couple days to import your characters to the tournament server. So your characters should be there on Thursday, Friday at the absolute latest, and the fights will start on Saturday.

StonerElfMarley|2017-02-27 00:36:12
Nerodos maybe edit the first one, I understand technically you are correct however as per the second one almost every weapon in the bank had an already element maged copy in bank alongside it, and that is what TheNorseman was wanting.

I can't know for sure what TheNorseman actually wants, only what they did ask. And since I still haven't managed to get my hands on a full list of the items available on the tournament server bank, I cannot confirm (nor deny) already maged items. So, if it's all the same to you, I'll hang on to my technicality for dear life.
Score : 122

Once on the Tournament server will players be able to change classes for their desired comp?

0 0

No. You need to register the exact team (players and classes) you will fight all the qualification phases with (and as such, the team you'll register will need to comply with all the class restrictions).

Score : 2327

The announcement makes it sound like the "no class changing" thing goes away during the finals, or the drafting process makes no sense. Also, will we be able to adjust our characteristics?

0 0