FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums

Kolossium 1vs1

By [lichen] - ANKAMA - March 20, 2017, 14:30:00
Reactions 65
Score : 19
Finally...
Score : 234
I appreciate the fact that Ankama is trying to listen to their players now that they've lost so many but they're still not listening hard enough. People also loved the hunt and the honor system. But hey, if they really wanted to make it balanced they could have brought back the hunt system and add the things that'd make 1v1 kolo balanced such as the match making and being able to decide whether or not to fight an opponent. Ankama should really realize that a balanced game is not necessarily fun and maybe go back in a few of the things that were SO popular in the community despite being unbalanced.

Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that they are implementing a rewarding 1v1 system. It's just, the community has always loved the honor system and they've been trying to get rid of it all together instead of fixing it a little.
Score : 3
I get that this is a game that was initially aimed at children, but all of you who are still whining over bounty hunter being removed all of those years ago grow the hell up ffs... Either use the 1vs1 system which is MORE EFFECTIVE than the old stroken system and I'll look forward to facing you, or alternatively not bother posting....

1vs1 is a great idea, it finally gives players who actually play well an opportunity to pvp on a mass scale without the whole "I can't attack him, he's my friend" crap that regularly occurs across all servers, or the "I don't want to attack him, he's much better" ... There's still the 3vs3 option for those of you who need to be leeched through your fights.
Score : 5179
Assuming Ankama's abilty on 'balancing' champions, I can already say that there will be one class which steps above all.

With this there will be a lot of complains that it's "unfair" and as result, there will be a lot of pointless updates which nerfs one, but gives another an advantage.
Score : 914
deadmarko|2017-03-20 16:16:15
THis is the last thing i wanna see now , why would you bring back 1v1 if you removed THE BOUNTY HUNTER ...HEROOOOO ANKAMA , the one thing everyone loveeeeeed you removed and said it was unbalanced and a lot thing that you just droped in the water i see the balancing system and all but you could of done that a lot sooner :/ or you have been working on this for 5 years XD

meh ankama trolling us ...
You dont have to participate lol. There are enough other players that want to have to 1 vs 1 system, ( mainly old players i guess ) if you dont like it, dont register for it. easy as it is

mrkosznik-pl|2017-03-20 19:05:45
Can't we just straight up ban classes like cras, sadidas, and osas? They'd be just ruining the 1v1 experience D:
Well, this might not seem like a bad idea. I also play another game and there they have something called ''map bans'' . both teams can ban 1 map before they fight starts. The same game is also working on class bans in the future. Why not just put this in the 1vs1 system? Lets say I am an Iop, and I dont want to 1 vs 1 an enu or cra ( because they just mp reduce and easy win ) so before I register I am able to ban these classes. That way fights will be more balanced. Ofcoure there should be a limit on how many chars you can ban. Since there are about 20 classes in the game I would say you could ban 3 classes max. Ofcourse this would make the waiting ques longer but at least its something they could consider right?
Score : 2
This is a great idea but don't take 1V1 PVP with honor points please. Lot of people actually enjoy (me that has been pvping on beta for many years)
Score : 790
Nerodos|2017-03-20 17:51:36
The matchmaking system used by the Kolossium does not take character alignement into consideration when creating fighting teams
Create a system that does? biggrin
This would really, really help to bring back the beef between bonta and brakmar
Score : 93
make shields work with kolo ratings or honor points
Score : 195
When i asked a mod they said there would be no 1v1ing. Anyways you should add Kolosuim wings or something for me to show my power
Score : 236
So when two school boys get into argument they can just offer each other 1v1 kolo and then look for excuse to avoid it. Good thing to have.
Score : 15600
On paper this idea looks great. However, the way you guys are describing it, it's not going to execute well. If a 1v1 fight is only going to give you a third of the rewards for 3v3, then why play 1v1 at all when you could just do 3v3 where the fights are much more balanced? That makes about as much sense as the dungeon match maker system.

I honestly feel that if you want to have some 1v1 fun, then just put in a pseudo-headhunter system. That will entertain lots of people, and won't become obsolete because you nerfed it to make sure nobody would abuse it.

Full disclosure, there is a MUCH better way you guys can do this, and this just seems like a lazy "make some players happy" fix.
Score : 26
damn
Score : 2482
when is the 2.41 beta ?
Score : 592
CoolRay|2017-03-21 07:18:06
On paper this idea looks great. However, the way you guys are describing it, it's not going to execute well. If a 1v1 fight is only going to give you a third of the rewards for 3v3, then why play 1v1 at all when you could just do 3v3 where the fights are much more balanced? That makes about as much sense as the dungeon match maker system.

I honestly feel that if you want to have some 1v1 fun, then just put in a pseudo-headhunter system. That will entertain lots of people, and won't become obsolete because you nerfed it to make sure nobody would abuse it.

Full disclosure, there is a MUCH better way you guys can do this, and this just seems like a lazy "make some players happy" fix.
For you to call judgment when you only see it on paper is presumptuous no?
This isn't "lazy" they worked their butts off to get to this point.
The amount of effort to even see this come to reality is by no means "lazy".
You know what would have been truly "lazy", is if they did nothing at all.

Let's see how it works in beta phases before we call judgment.
And newsflash, this isn't making "some" players happy, this is making every pvper that plays this game for its pvp happy.
I've had many kolo's end up as a 1v1 so this is nothing new really.
Also if you think 3v3 is balanced you need a reality check. Osa/eni/sadi, osa/iop/feca, osa/eni/eca these and many more are almost unkillable team combos in kolo.
People abuse kolo as well. For those that are sick of fighting the same broken combo's in kolo this 1v1 kolo is great news.
At least it will come down to skill and strategy to win. And as someone said a ban map and ban class option should be added as well.
Score : 2006
Finally people will stop bugging me to be their 3rd man laugh 
Score : 2590
Well look who changed their tune in a hurry.
There must be some serious bad news on it's way that is going to be detrimental to the community.
Score : 4
Make this system like the tekken online pvp. You fight people around your rank and make maybe 20 ranks. Connect it to wings too. To not conflict with Kolo make it available at certain times of the day.
Score : 30279
lichen|2017-03-20 14:30:00
For example, if characters from the Sadida class have a better chance of beating characters from the Iop class in 1v1, the matchmaking system will take this statistic into account and will look for a “less effective" Sadida character to go head to head against a “more effective" Iop character to compensate for this imbalance between the two classes and offer a fight in which, theoretically, both characters should have a 50% chance of winning.
In that example, between the sadida and the iop, which iop will be matched against the "more effective" Sadida class?

Top tier classes will dominate the 1vs1 PvP.
Yes it is easy to match the less effective top tier with more effective low tier classes, but who can defeat the best top tier class?
I mean for example, if an ouginak will be top tier in 1vs1, who will be match against the best ouginak? If no other class can beat an ouginak, then eventually 1vs1 kolo will be a meta game that only the few meta class will enjoy, because if you do not play the top tier class, you will lose all the time to those who does play the top tier class,

I just hope the osamodas don't get hit by the nerf hammer when 1vs1 crybabies start asking for nerfs.
Score : 64
So if I worked SO HARD to be grade10 rogue (around 1 year?) now I will lose all of my honour points and my g10 wings?? No f..ing way!!
Score : 10
wish you add honor point and improve wing also ranking system to do new kolo..
Respond to this thread