Ankama Trackers

Kolossium 1vs1

By [lichen] - ANKAMA - March 20, 2017, 14:30:00
Reactions 66
Score : 1412

Am quite excited for this to be honest

0 0
Score : 1692

This is cool. Should add 8v8 too smile).

0 0
Score : 122

I feel that most of the maps are advantageous to iops/ecas and in some cases cras, why not make the map -1,0 where "Actual 1v1" takes place simply because its the only fair map in the game where both sides start on equal footing and not on extremely tight maps where an iop can literally jump every turn and hit you....

0 0
Score : 27

Those who ask for 1vs1 are either those who find it difficult to cooperate with other players or the previously mentioned school boys who relate high numbers with prowess and will spend fights beating each other hardly using MPs.

The devs are attempting to satisfy those many players with the minimum effort, for they have more important issues to attend to.

Kolossium is made of challenges meant to measure our skills. It has nothing to do with alignment and role play, and thus has nothing to do with honor points.
Maybe there will come a day when the devs realize how utterly broken the current AvA system is, remove it completely, and bring back the bonta vs brak conflict, obviously revising the way it works.
Until then let's just hope balance between classes will be the devs' first priority.

0 0
Score : 84

YES! Exactly what i've been wanting for so long!

0 0

There is such thing as a 1v1 with skill involved, you have to choose a lot between high risk/high reward, and low risk/low reward manouvers, and positioning is a massive part of play, but also the most complicated (Hence elio and xelor being the most difficult classes to understand)

0 0
Score : 27

I'm happy for this update, if nothing but the fact that I will not be bugged by ego ailed players who challenge me every time I pass through Astrub. I'm happy for them, for their ego and for the classes that will obviously be better suited for 1vs1.
But the realty is this:

lichen|2017-03-20 14:30:00
Class balancing in 1v1 has always been problematic because of themarkedly different roles, abilities, and game mechanics between classes. It is our opinion that 1v1 PvP is currently the least balanced PvP experience.
The abilities and game mechanics are so different that classes suffer a big "Nemesis”-type mechanic (class A may find it almost impossible to defeat class B, who has very powerful abilities to counter class A).

As long as there will be different roles, 1vs1 winners will have none to very low merit. The last changes to classes are leading to a self centered way of playing, so we may soon see everyone jumping and pressing buttons as the current yop, sacrier, hipermage, uginak do. Only then will 1vs1 start to get some balance, and that will strip this game of all its charm.
0 0

The thing is, there are lots of classes and builds that are complained about for being "overpowered", but there's always a counter for everything, if you're prepared correctly

0 0
Score : 647

Very excite!

1 0
Score : 2651
Inuteroden|2017-03-29 02:07:31
The thing is, there are lots of classes and builds that are complained about for being "overpowered", but there's always a counter for everything, if you're prepared correctly
meh... always depends what for class you are
0 0
Score : 612
dragonfablie|2017-03-29 15:32:08
Inuteroden|2017-03-29 02:07:31
meh... always depends what for class you are
Also how to prepare? use a classchange potion before each fight? i mean u picked your class u got your gear thats it. of course u can do some quick adjustments like swapping trophies and so on but thats not the metioned "just pick the counter class"
0 0
Score : 10

I think he said a counter, not a counter class. A well prepped pvper would (should?) have ap/mp res trophies while facing a debuff class, res trophies to swap in for suspected elements of damage dealers, and flat res trophies if you're looking at a class which tends to throw on items like atcham or stange wand. A player without the funds for versatile set options will still struggle against richer players and classes which are mechanically very difficult to counter for them, but this will be reflected in their solo kolo score and should be accounted for over time.

Additionally, the new shields will add a lot of defensive options to a 1v1-ers kit, from the looks of it!

0 0
Score : 612

Yes some gear adjustments will defenitly make the pvp life easier but as in the opening-post mentioned some classes just have extreme advantages over others. your trophys wont change that to the point where its equal. I also think the post was about counter classes even tho the word class itself was not involved(but i might be wrong).

To the rich player part: i totall agree and this is what makes dofus feel a bit like pay2win to me but as you mentioned the poor players will find theyre spot in the ladder and can hopefully compete on a fair base then.

0 0

Dofus is, and I feel always will be, dominated by rich players. But c'est la vie. I suppose my comment could be interpreted in many ways, but I suppose some classes were just built to only be countered by certain others.

0 0
Score : 2412

This looks really good, good job Ankama smile 

0 0

It will be! Can't wait to test it out when it's released in main game smile)

0 0
Score : 407

I just tested this, only was paired against cras (not sure if that was luck). Also no rewards were given, is this because it is still in a 'beta' phase? Nonetheless I still LOVE this idea and hope it stays.

0 0

This is a known issue, and we are working on it.

It would help if you could precise which of your characters you were using when testing the 1v1 Kolossium (and their account nickname if you tried it on another account).

In the meantime, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Will people be given xp and kolossokens based upon their wins?

0 0

Do you mean upon their rating? Or upon their win/lose ratio? Or upon something else?

Respond to this thread