FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Dofuses and low levels.

By Bellatriximus - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - April 02, 2017, 17:24:53
Reactions 100
Score : 6244

Ah ha! The real source of your argument has been revealed!

Yes, I figured that is why most people would argue against it. I don't agree with calling a level 40 new player a cheapskate, though. Are we supposed to expect them to have 45mk to put into an ochre dofus at level 40? Come on, now.

In either case, I argue from the perspective I feel a game designer should take rather than from the perspective of my characters. I personally don't care at all about what happens in this regard, but I do care about the overall health of the game.

1 0
Score : 1775

I just don't see anything wrong with allowing players who've unlocked Dofus' to be used on their lower level characters the ability to do so. Maybe a change to the match making system to pair up players who are using Dofus' with other players using them is a better solution then simply denying them altogether.

0 0
Score : 25944
AlphaWarrior|2017-04-07 18:08:50
Ah ha! The real source of your argument has been revealed!

Yes, I figured that is why most people would argue against it. I don't agree with calling a level 40 new player a cheapskate, though. Are we supposed to expect them to have 45mk to put into an ochre dofus at level 40? Come on, now.

In either case, I argue from the perspective I feel a game designer should take rather than from the perspective of my characters. I personally don't care at all about what happens in this regard, but I do care about the overall health of the game.
No, I don't expect them to have 45mk as a new player,and I don't also expect them to be at the same tier as those who does. They have to learn the importance of earning those 45mk in order to compete in PvP. That is good design, wherein players learns the importance of getting something thru exerted efforts and not just by preventing others from enjoying their rewards. It is good also for the company, because it will extend their players game time, work for it first, before they get rewarded, the greatest lesson that the game can teach.
Overall health of the game? Well it will be unhealthy for old players to quit because they can't enjoy making new characters that can use dofuses unless they are level 100 or so. Should Ankama favor new players who don't want to exert effort getting dofuses or should they encourage old players to stay?
0 0

It seems we have reached an impasse, and so I'll just say that maybe the real solution here is to just remove the level system entirely. It isn't serving a useful role at this time...

2 0
Score : 2501
AnthonyClark|2017-04-07 18:26:33
I just don't see anything wrong with allowing players who've unlocked Dofus' to be used on their lower level characters the ability to do so. Maybe a change to the match making system to pair up players who are using Dofus' with other players using them is a better solution then simply denying them altogether.
I didn't buy any of my Dofuses, I did the quests for them, except for the Turq which I dropped from DP years ago and never sold it. Quests are free. No, you can';t get Dofuses with a level 45 character, but you can PvP still, you just won't be as optimized as someone with a high level character. I would call that fair.
0 0
Score : 102

gl w/ exo & 200 vit overmage
gl get blop set fair w/ lvl 50 char
gl gelano w/ no kamas
gl get many spel scrol

0 0
Score : 272

How to solve low lvl char's with dofuses:
>>make 1 char per acc
>> make dofuses untradable
>>???
>>profit

0 -1
Score : 772

What are these 'low levels' that you guys are talking about? Are they those 10 minutes before you 508 your way to lv 200 in a day?

0 0

They are the imaginary new players that PvP crybabies use to justify their rant for nerf of other class.

1 -2
Score : 582

Can I just say that dofuses should not be tampered with. Lv 6 is fine considering the difficulty to get it either by buying it (Saving up) or doing the quests (Long arduous work).
If you find kolo at low lvl to be unfair because other players have eggs maybe you shouldn't kolo? Reality check here. There will not be any restrictions put on eggs because what's the point of selling them then?
Do you have to beat all quests and dungeons for cloudy dofus to be able to wear it? You do realize some of that questline is impossible to do for some players especially Vortex dungeon (that is a nightmare dungeon).

All you are doing is using the If I can't get it no one can fallacy. Whats next? If you can't afford overmaged gears no one can overmage their gear?
There are so many things being changed in this game can we please keep eggs at lv 6?

0 -1

I'm just saying we can go the other way too. While you use the slippery slope argument going in one direction (taking more and more things away), I want to use it in the other direction: since we allow dofus eggs to be equipped, why stop there? Let ALL gear in the game be equipped by low levels. I want my level 70 alt to use all my level 200 gear in kolo...

No one in this topic has provided a good reason we should allow dofus' at level 6 but not everything else except what the lore says about them. And I think that's the basis of it at the moment, but then what about the Dofusteuse cape? Definitely worthy of level 6, right? We can keep going...

1 0

Dofus should be lv 6 because it's already lv 6 and it's not game-breaking

0 0

The whole point of this topic is to say why it IS problematic to the game...

0 0

Equipment imbalances exist at all levels including lv 200 and above. Nerfing dofus doesn't solve that. People with exos and max overmages (or rare equipment like atcham) still have a large advantage over those that don't. The issue that OP is having is

I am up against many optimized players
This means the problem is either:
1) confirmation bias. The OP only remembers when he gets ROFL-STOMPED, and not the fights he gets the advantage over his opponents
2) kolo rating isn't balancing fairly. If he's fighting mostly people he has no chance against, this means he fights both heavily funded people of the same level AND higher levels that have the same combat power from using higher level equips (rather than more expensive equips on the lower levels). Again, 'balancing' low levels doesn't solve anything
2 0
Score : 85

Number one pretty much describes 99.9% of any opponent I've ever faced in pvp in any game... If they win, it was pure skill, if I win it was cheating/broken game mechanics/etc.

0 -1
AlphaWarrior|2017-04-09 06:22:14
The whole point of this topic is to say why it IS problematic to the game...
It is not problematic to have dofus at level 6, simply because everyone has access to it if they put enough effort in getting them thru kamas or questing. Those who plan to PvP should invest on it as soon as possible, that is the reality of life, if you want to compete with others you have to exert more effort than usual.
1 -1
Score : 3064

@gunner... I don't wanna get banned so I'm gonna answer as nicely as I can happy, your argument is just dumb.. " It is not problematic to have dofus at level 6, simply because everyone has access to it if they put enough effort in getting them thru kamas or questing." This can be said about litterally everything in the game 

0 0

My response is a response to the perceive problem of the proponents of this thread. If you have followed the discussion instead of just reading my post, you would know that it makes sense. Just a recap in case you are too lazy to read all that has transpired, they said that dofus at level 6 are problematic because new players (low levels who do not have high level chars) do not have access to it.

Maybe you missed this part.

AlphaWarrior|2017-04-07 17:25:48
No, because the whole issue is that it being level 6 is problematic because a low level cannot get a dofus without leveling, and leveling defeats the whole purpose of low level kolo because the person is now a high level.

@ Edawrdkung
Next time, try to read previous post so you have full grasp of what was being discussed before you barge in and act smart calling other dumb.
1 -1

Well, that's the issue paired with the fact that people can then use those dofus' in PvP against other players, having an advantage over those who haven't gone through the effort to get those dofus'. In this context, edawrdkung is correct in that the 'you must exert effort to succeed in PvP' argument can apply to any equipment in the game and so I stand with my previous conclusion: we should allow everything to be equippable at level 6 or remove the level system entirely.

But, given the leveling system does exist, it IS weird to require high level items to succeed in low level kolo.. I mean, isn't this just intuitive for people?

2 0
AlphaWarrior|2017-04-10 02:18:11
Well, that's the issue paired with the fact that people can then use those dofus' in PvP against other players, having an advantage over those who haven't gone through the effort to get those dofus'. In this context, edawrdkung is correct in that the 'you must exert effort to succeed in PvP' argument can apply to any equipment in the game and so I stand with my previous conclusion: we should allow everything to be equippable at level 6 or remove the level system entirely.

But, given the leveling system does exist, it IS weird to require high level items to succeed in low level kolo.. I mean, isn't this just intuitive for people?
Dofus are lv 6, so IDK what 'high level items' you're referring to
0 0
Respond to this thread