FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Pay to Play

By immortalityforme - SUBSCRIBER - May 24, 2017, 23:37:10

i have been playing this game for a long time(maybe too long) and i notice that even with the server merger i do not see that much people playing, maybe the top 30 alliances in echo is probably a bit over 30k, where have all the people gone to? so this got me thinking, what if the subscription method changed? il show you my ideas below.

Subscription
+50% xp
+50% drop
+25% prof xp
enables the achievement rewards(you may need to be p2p to unlock it at the time)
20% off cost of other goods/services in the shop(you should look at the data if you are interested and guage if its profitable)

i like the idea of cosmetics being for sale, people will still buy those.

1 -2
Reactions 13
Score : 25843

More player with less revenue? I don't think it would be good for the game. Ankama already have Wakfu as free game. They did try the freemium model in their Dofus Japan server and I think it was a disaster because they closed it down.

BTW: Dofus has something better tham free to play, it is called play to pay. I haven't used real money to subscribe for the past 3-4 years and is currently still subbed for more than a year. I just play for 1-2 hour doing daily quest and I earn enough kamas to sub 2-3 accounts (barely able to play on one account after the merge though).

0 0
Score : 2048

thing is the longevity of the game, i don't think any new people are coming. and people like competition with their their friends/ other people(lvl/prof/money/cosmetics), +people like cosmetics. don't you think the potential is there?

0 0

Dofus as a pay to play model has been out longer than a lot of freemium games that comes and go (Do you know Marvel Avengers Alliance and Marvel Avengers Alliance Tactics, those are solid freemium games that didn't last, MAA last for less than 4 years, MAAT last only 3 months). Free game of one of the most popular franchise (Marvel) and it still didn't last. Why? Because having lots of players is not enough, they need lots of paying players to earn revenue and keep the game alive. You can only sell as much cosmetic items until collector say they have enough of it. I collect novelty cosmetic items, and I have so many that I am no longer compelled to buy them, heck I didn't even consider buying their last subscription promo items (I already have so many harness and emote that a new one is no longer appealing).

0 0

and yet they are saying they are changing the pay to play model for the next game, i don't think it is relevant anymore, people that are playing nowadays arent new players, imagine if they showed us the data of people paying/playing in a monthly basis for the last 5 years for all the servers that make up echo, i think youl see a major drop

ps. i did see it but i can't find the graph, anyways just a suggestion

0 0
Score : 5160

"I, therefor, everyone"
Nah, a f2p-model would help Ankama a lot, but they have to be smart.

0 0

Yeah, they plan to make Dofus 3 freemium. If that game do not earn enough just like Wakfu freemium and Dofus Japan freemium, I don't think it would be wise to make Dofus freemium. They better test the water first with disposable games before they invest their main game into the freemium model.

0 0
Score : 2134

Where'd you hear about that? Add Reply  

0 0
Score : 97

Dofus Touch is free to play and it's "p2p" bonus is 150% xp/loot and 50% xp to professions.

But the development team is completely useless

That's why I'm probably coming back here. Didn't want to pay subscription but honestly, compared to touch, I'd pay a lot more for subscription if the game actually works. Touch, after 8+months, is still covered in bugs which have been reported multiple times and never fixed. BUT they fixed minor grammatical errors that no one cared about. God bless being able to play a game where 1 dialogue box that you'll only ever see once per character doesn't have a grammatical error.

So if I were you, just accept the p2p model the game has. I'd rather this game gets the funding it needs to continue so it doesn't end up like Dofus Touch.

0 0
casey10|2017-05-25 07:50:59
Touch, after 8+months, is still covered in bugs which have been reported multiple times and never fixed.
That same trend seems to be prevalent in the freemium model Wakfu. It seems if the game does not generate enough money, the company does not spend enough resources to fix it "in a reasonable timeframe".
0 0
Score : 336

New players will come when two key conditions are met. First, the game needs to become known in order to attract players and entice them to try it. The second, it needs to have a really good first impression in order to keep them playing during those crucial moments where players decide if the game is worth their time or if it's poopies.

The subscription fees are pretty cheap anyway. Five euro is the equivalent of a small pizza after all.

0 0
Score : 5160

This type of game will never be massive like fast-phased games.
Also, Pizza, 5 euro, small? You're buying from the wrong place m8. Unless you happen to speak about delivery, then yeah. : D

0 0

if they take out the current system of idols, i think they subscribed.

0 0
Score : 2134
immortalityforme|2017-05-30 22:43:42
if they take out the current system of idols, i think they subscribed.
Idols are purely optional. They shouldn't reduce subscription numbers.
0 0
Respond to this thread