FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Simplification of high-level content

By #[Briss] - ANKAMA - May 30, 2017, 17:00:00
Announcements
Reactions 84
Score : 2078

Endgame content is not hard as you think when you control the entire team by yourself. You can try as many times as you want, come up with an strategy, and, eventually, win. However, when you play with other players, the dungeon itself gets much harder, and not only that; people get frustrated, don't do as many atempts and give up.
Finding a team who's willing to spend several hours to learn the dungeon and then beat it, is as hard as the dungeon itself.

1 0
Score : 370

I see you already made decision and probably can't and won't change anything now, but for future - what about making easy/normal/hard modes for content that you offer? For example dungeon, or quest, or whatever, and give rewards depending on which mode player did. No idea how well that will work, neither have more detailed info, but maybe you do.

Agreed with InkSix, even if you have weak team you can generate some "abusive" tactic that will make you win it after a lot of tries if you are not really weak (team/brain) owner.

0 0
Score : 13270

I'm very excited for this change... I haven't played ANY of the dungeons on that list. I stepped into 1 Frigost 3 dungeon a long time ago, my team got wiped so fast I haven't been back since... kept trying to get my team into 'good enough' gear, but all the gear I want/need requires drop from those dungeons or a TON of kamas - talk about a catch 22...lol. Needless to say, I'm heading STRAIGHT back to Frigost 3 as soon as the update is released!! Pumped!!

0 0
Score : 4548

I hope I'll finally be able to do one of those dungeons without a "leeching service".

0 0
Score : 2165
Giorgi-Giorgi-123|2017-05-31 01:14:23
Agreed with InkSix, even if you have weak team you can generate some "abusive" tactic that will make you win it after a lot of tries if you are not really weak (team/brain) owner.
I think their point was that not everyone wants to do that. Running multiple accounts can be a pain, especially when you're just starting up a team. Plus, an MMO really shouldn't rely on multiaccounting for its endgame dungeon.
1 0
Score : 775

While ankama is in the spirit of nerfing, are they also nerfing osas/ougs in the next update?

1 0
Score : 2281

You guys gonna nerf that Watchers Dofus rat fight any time soon or am I still not going to play

0 0
Score : 34

glad they will be adding visual effects to stuff. hopefully in the future there are visual effects for every state in the game for example, torpid bearbarians state where he gives mp to ally when mp raped. Not just boss fights, just all fights in general. The game could end up being really cluttered with small icons but if done correctly, it could look really smooth and be extremely helpful. Maybe something as simple as hovering over a mob and it lists all active buffs and states, while showing the mobs resists/hp etc, instead of having to click on the timeline.

0 0
Score : 1128
Giorgi-Giorgi-123|2017-05-31 01:11:09
I see you already made decision and probably can't and won't change anything now, but for future - what about making easy/normal/hard modes for content that you offer? For example dungeon, or quest, or whatever, and give rewards depending on which mode player did. No idea how well that will work, neither have more detailed info, but maybe you do.
Something similar to Grozilla and Grasmera? I've been thinking about that too, sounds great to me. Perhaps you could then get 1x boss loot for the easiest, 2x for the one but easiest, 3.. and then 4 for the hardest (or something like that at least).
0 0
Score : -11

"leeching service" didn heard that in a very long time lol .

me and a few of my friends never charge anything , we sometimes just take 1 person with us and do 1-2 f3 duns lul.

and they are not hard , i think solo players dont even try to recruit friends for that dun , and if they do it , they stop trying after 3losses .

back in the day , we had to do f3 with 10 5 sets , like otomais etc ... and we managed to beat it ( we couldnt wear frgost3 sets other ppl sold becuz you had to beat that named dungeon to wear that equip)

now we can do these dungeons with eyes closed lol.

dunno if the game will be more fun with ez af END LEVEL CONTENT

and ive never heard anyone say "hey that dun is way to ez , lets just use 6idols to make it fun" , having to use these things to make end game content fun seems

rather stupid to me

0 -1
Score : 19

This is bs why do they have to do this?

1 0
Score : 33

Terrible idea... But yeah you can nerf vortex dungeon biggrin

0 0
Score : 108

Why don't you guys literally just add like 3 different difficulty levels on the dungeons... You know... Like literally every other MMO out there... Instead of changing dungeons just add a feature where when you enter the dungeon you choose what difficulty you want to take part in.. Maybe the lowest difficulty not give any Achievement reward drops (x10 kout wings) so people can't spam the living daylight out of it for the free easy mats, but they still get to experience the dungeon and the pvm content... Like really, Ankama this isn't hard to think of lol.

0 0
Score : 7686

Why do you need multiple difficulties specifically for each dungeon when you can just slap on some idols and increase difficulty (and XP and drop rate) that way?

Make the basic dungeon easier, and hardcore players who want an impossible challenge can pump their idol score up to 700 or something.

0 0
Score : -86

To a casual, it would be good, but to a hardcore player who wants the endgame dungeon drops to be rare it would be a bad thing. Hardcore players wants endgame resources to be harder to acquire, and making the game easier would mean that the average players can now drop resources that the hardcore players sell for a lot of kamas. Having a difficulty setting where casual can have easier win but no rare drops would mean that valuable resources remains a viable income generator for hardcore players. As a casual player, I do not mind easier game, but I still believe that effort = reward, so the ideal way imo is for a difficulty setting.

0 0
Score : 359

wuuuh i love you. the last mouth i have been like should i just make a team of 3 cras and a enu or if i really had to make an elio (and i dont wanna play elio really dont want to) to make my team viable for diminsion and sufukia dungeon, but now i see light because of this great change. never gonna forget when i had to use 60-70 tries on niliza, it just ended up being embrassing, depressing, not fun, and felt like wasted time when i was done so i never gave count more than 10 tries then i was like naaaa this isnt worth the time,

0 0
Score : 1895
Gunnerwolfang|2017-06-01 04:43:13
To a casual, it would be good, but to a hardcore player who wants the endgame dungeon drops to be rare it would be a bad thing. Hardcore players wants endgame resources to be harder to acquire, and making the game easier would mean that the average players can now drop resources that the hardcore players sell for a lot of kamas. Having a difficulty setting where casual can have easier win but no rare drops would mean that valuable resources remains a viable income generator for hardcore players. As a casual player, I do not mind easier game, but I still believe that effort = reward, so the ideal way imo is for a difficulty setting.

Most of the time causal players pay to play, while hardcore gamers play to pay.
I find it totally legit from Ankama to open up things for the caual player, they're throwing out new zones on a 3 month basis, there's plenty of room for new hard content.
Also, simplifying end game content for the mass should not really affect hardcore gamers, there are really few new players to this game, and those who play since a long time already got all the possible achievements they could get, so what's the point in defending their position? Rare stuff that sells cheaper so they cannot subscribe with ogrines? Is this what Ankama wants to defend?
0 0
Score : -86

Its not about getting achievements, I am talking about hardcore players doing endgame contents in order to get and sell those valuable endgame resources. If endgame contents become easier to harvest by casual players, it will not be as rare thus not as valuable anymore. There will be no point for hardcore players to farm those dungeons anymore since everyone (theoretically) will be able to get their own endgame resources.

Well, there are players who do sell rare stuff so they can subscribe with ogrines, is that wrong? What will hardcore players do in between the 3 months that new contents are implemented?

New contents---
Hardcore players plays to gather and sell rare resources.

When there are no more rare contents, hardcore players do all the achievement in 1 month and zaap sit for the next 2 months waiting for the next new content.

0 0
Score : 195

TBH it will even out the hardcore players will be able to do 300 score now
and the normal player will be able to pass the dung ,but a good portion will still be stuck at ff3
if they play very poorly which happens caused they were leeched to 200 and have no idea what to do.

0 0
Score : 1895
Gunnerwolfang|2017-06-01 10:07:46
Its not about getting achievements, I am talking about hardcore players doing endgame contents in order to get and sell those valuable endgame resources. If endgame contents become easier to harvest by casual players, it will not be as rare thus not as valuable anymore. There will be no point for hardcore players to farm those dungeons anymore since everyone (theoretically) will be able to get their own endgame resources.

Well, there are players who do sell rare stuff so they can subscribe with ogrines, is that wrong? What will hardcore players do in between the 3 months that new contents are implemented?

New contents---
Hardcore players plays to gather and sell rare resources.

When there are no more rare contents, hardcore players do all the achievement in 1 month and zaap sit for the next 2 months waiting for the next new content.

I was just saying that Ankama has to please those who pay money and keep the game up and running at some point. Play to pay is one of the most unique and awesome features of this game, but I find quite normal tha Ankama is also giving attention to those casual players thay pay good money to play the game, cannot sustain multiaccounts with in-game currency or simply do not have the time.
Also, speaking frankly, hardcore players just burn every new content in a matter of a couple of days and then get back to PvP, is it really worthy to keep end game difficult for their amusement of 5 minutes?
0 0
Respond to this thread