FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Old Player Back to the New Game

By Karemeos - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - June 18, 2017, 09:02:50

Hey guys,

With the upcoming summer and lots of free time I've thought about coming back to the game of my childhood. As I've downloaded the new updated game A LOT seemed to have changed - especially with my main character - Sac. So I wanted to ask you if the game is still worth coming back to and if yes, will I be able to hold up to the whole new game in terms of AT LEAST PvM (I know PvP will be like impossible for me now) and earning money to get another sub.

Cheers!

0 0
Reactions 7
Score : 392

Not to hijack your thread, but I'm coming in to the same type of deal, hoping things are more interesting.

0 0
Score : 105

Hi there smile

I am also a returning player, downloading the update now for Dofus.
I am looking to create a new character, possibly, to learn the new dynamics of the class and game.
Maybe we can be friends? smile 

0 0
Score : 3524

I think the game is worth coming back to play and I find it easy to make money as a single-account player. Capturing archmonsters, killing named dreggons in the sanctuary (and capturing them) etc. all adds up quite fast. A lot of ressources sell very fast on the new merged server.

Some things to know now are:

• 1 Character can have all the professions in the game. You might have profession gems in your inventory from pre-update.
  • You can reset your spells at any time by opening the spell tab.
  • Resetting your stats doesn't affect your scrolled stats.
  • If you are lvl 20 tailor and craft a lvl 20 item, you will be lvl 21 tailor. If you are lvl 180 tailor and craft a lvl 180 item, you will be lvl 181.
  • There is something known as 'Treasure Hunting' which starts in Cania Fields. They take you all over the world hunting clues. Once you find and fight the treasure chest you can win experience scrolls, legendary scroll pieces, stat reset orbs, lots of XP and sands which can be traded in for stat scrolls / pebbles.
  • There is 3v3 and 1v1 PvP accessible for all lvl 20+. This is interserver amongst all 38 Dofus servers.
  • All pet ressurection and orb stat resets are done at the Amakna Castle zaap.
  • Incarnam/Astrub/Pandala/Bonta/Brakmar markets are linked so an item put up on one appears on all.
  • [*]You can subscribe using in-game money here:
    Click here

0 0
Score : 667
Angel-Deamon|2017-06-18 17:57:15
Hi there smile

I am also a returning player, downloading the update now for Dofus.
I am looking to create a new character, possibly, to learn the new dynamics of the class and game.
Maybe we can be friends? smile

Sure, it's always nice to get to know some new people.

chaoman|2017-06-18 18:07:36
I think the game is worth coming back to play and I find it easy to make money as a single-account player. Capturing archmonsters, killing named dreggons in the sanctuary (and capturing them) etc. all adds up quite fast. A lot of ressources sell very fast on the new merged server.

Some things to know now are:

• 1 Character can have all the professions in the game. You might have profession gems in your inventory from pre-update.
  • You can reset your spells at any time by opening the spell tab.
  • Resetting your stats doesn't affect your scrolled stats.
  • If you are lvl 20 tailor and craft a lvl 20 item, you will be lvl 21 tailor. If you are lvl 180 tailor and craft a lvl 180 item, you will be lvl 181.
  • There is something known as 'Treasure Hunting' which starts in Cania Fields. They take you all over the world hunting clues. Once you find and fight the treasure chest you can win experience scrolls, legendary scroll pieces, stat reset orbs, lots of XP and sands which can be traded in for stat scrolls / pebbles.
  • There is 3v3 and 1v1 PvP accessible for all lvl 20+. This is interserver amongst all 38 Dofus servers.
  • All pet ressurection and orb stat resets are done at the Amakna Castle zaap.
  • Incarnam/Astrub/Pandala/Bonta/Brakmar markets are linked so an item put up on one appears on all.
  • [*]You can subscribe using in-game money here:
    Click here

Wow, thanks a lot for the nice review. Seems like the game has really changed a lot but hopefully I'll be able to get to used to it in no time.

Anyway, have the prices changed like a lot? I feel like if I sold my old set I wouldn't really get any profit out of it biggrin 

And I'm really confused about the new Sac character. It's just so different now. And the vitality boost is gone ohmy 
0 0
Score : 3524

A lot of the older gear has kept some of it's value due to the new method in which runes are obtained.

All items in the game are given a coefficient %. If an item is crushed for runes the coefficient of that item drops and it gives less and less runes. Meanwhile all the other items see their % slide ever so upwards. You cannot see the % before you crush an item, but certain items can give you many times the items value back in runes. You aren't obliged to crush your old gears, but this system helps them keep some value.

It's a bit confusing so I've attached a screenshot to show you what I mean. Unfortunately it's in French but I hope you get the gist of it. The coefficient drops as I crush the same item repeatedly, but the value of the items (460 911K) is far less than the value of the runes I obtained.

0 0
Score : 667

True, sounds a bit confusing. I guess that's one of the things you'll understand once you're back to the game. And unfortunately, I can't see your screenshot but thanks anyway biggrin 

0 0
Score : 3492

Welcome back! happy

Dofus has changed a lot but I think it's still good, in many ways even better.

One of my favourite new features is the haven bag with its portable zaap, storage and daily lottery.

0 0
Respond to this thread