FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Where can we complain about ankama staff?

By Neoyokisejiga - SUBSCRIBER - June 25, 2017, 00:47:44

Hey there, i've looked in Support, and i've looked in Forums, yet i've found nowhere we can file formal complaints about some of the bad/lazy service we can obtain from Ankama itself, for example, where confronted with consistant evidence there is a cheat in their midst (PVP multilogging), they refuse to look into it further than if the person has the same name accross all accounts. This is lazy, when if you really wanted to find out you could ask questions like. What is the consistancy of all their log in dates? do they even communicate or are they magically telepathic between each other? When do they log on, is it always together? .... basic questions solve certain questions, yet clearly i've yet to see such simple logic applied.....Even when confronted with evidence that a cheat admits he's cheating, ankama do nothing.

Another thing is the magic Beta testing, that lasted a very short tiem for beta testing standards before it even gets released...only too be fixed again later on, this is just a rushed attempt to look as if they're pushing out content, as new content, then 5 updates to fix it and ending up reverting it, isn't quite new content.

So i wish to find a place we can formally complain about how lazy staff in Ankama can be.

Feel free to post examples of your own lazy replys from Ankama

9 -1
First Ankama intervention

It seems like this discussion can't help returning to calling out specific players for bad actions. Due to the Naming and Shaming rule (and a few others that were bent or fractured in the course of the discussion), I'm closing this thread for now.

I encourage anyone who sees someone breaking the rules to grab a screenshot and report them to Support.

See message in context
Reactions 30
Score : 13055

Why bother with specific examples? I'd be more surprised to hear of specific examples of Ankama actually being willing to ban people. They care too much about profit, to the point that they are blind to all of the people quitting in disgust for their lack of willingness to do anything about blatant cheating. There are self admitted scammers still playing the game, there are people who multiaccount in AvA fights and say things like "ankama won't ban me for it" who are still playing the game. There are people that have made somewhat credible out of game threats against other players still playing the game. And the forum rules reflect this to an extent. It is against the forum rules to show a screenshot of other players breaking the rules on the forums. Ankama doesn't want visibility on this, because they don't want to actually have to do anything about it. The mods refer to it as "naming and shaming", but apparently it is worse to show that ankama is unwilling to do anything about this, than it is to break their in game rules.

7 0
Score : 225

I agree on everything. Ankama does not listen to the players, they do not test anything in these 'betas' and every single time something is launched, shocker, there is a maintenance the very same night.
We have visual proof of people cheating in their beloved game in which they clearly state what is not allowed, and people do it anyway, and know they can get away with it.

A good example of the absolute sheer laziness, was the clash of guilds tournament. It was lazily put together, and horribly managed. when over 25% of the guilds competing are disqualified because of ANKAMAS terrible mods and a very, very bad explanation of rules, and then having to DIG around to actually even get the rules for the tournament because they arent easily accessed at all. And they didnt even bat an eye at that horrible excuse of an event, which has most likely deterred people from competing in another one.

Trying to submit tickets is so tedious because there are so many options and some of which arent even close to what your problem is, and having to include a photo of your ID is a bit excessive.

Bottom line, if everyone doesnt have to follow the rules, then why are they even in place? The fact that we still have to actually pay for a subscription to this game, and the absolute sheer laziness of the mods and devs is horrendous, is just a slap in the face. There are plenty of other games that have been made that are entirely FTP, who do a better job then these people.

2 0
Score : 25849

There is no way to distinguish multi-loggers from family of players. By banning players who says that they play with 7 other relative/friends using one IP connection, there is a possibility that they will be punishing the innocent.

Blackstone's formulation: "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer", 

0 0
Score : 7464
Nerd-Tease|2017-06-25 01:08:22
Why bother with specific examples? I'd be more surprised to hear of specific examples of Ankama actually being willing to ban people. They care too much about profit, to the point that they are blind to all of the people quitting in disgust for their lack of willingness to do anything about blatant cheating. There are self admitted scammers still playing the game, there are people who multiaccount in AvA fights and say things like "ankama won't ban me for it" who are still playing the game. There are people that have made somewhat credible out of game threats against other players still playing the game. And the forum rules reflect this to an extent. It is against the forum rules to show a screenshot of other players breaking the rules on the forums. Ankama doesn't want visibility on this, because they don't want to actually have to do anything about it. The mods refer to it as "naming and shaming", but apparently it is worse to show that ankama is unwilling to do anything about this, than it is to break their in game rules.
I mean if you want examples of willingness to ban we could cite that time I got clocked for a month for logging a friends account but hey, I was breaking their no account sharing rule, right? Did that sound bitter? I'm still bitter.

To be fair, though, it's rational to make a hard rule about 'nameshame' screenshots being posted - dragging someone's name through the forums and starting a which hunt isn't how things should be handled. The fact that it feels as though a witch hunt and the threat of negative public opinion is the only way to address these situations is the real problem. The rules won't or can't be enforced, and players feel like the only way to make themselves heard is to tell other players what's going on and why it's a problem. But that isn't allowed, and it's a very black and white rule. Easy to enforce. So everyone just gets (understandably) more frustrated.

I love this game and I've always urged people to go through the proper channels and to just be patient and things would be sorted out eventually but the longer I play the more I feel that that is not really the case. I know many of Ankama's staff do their best to make sure players are happy and feel heard, but problems like the rampant multiaccounting where there shouldn't be multiaccounting, or the ongoing merge complications, or the cut-and-paste responses from support that really don't seem to answer the question feel like a huge 'up yours'.

I'd also say it feels a bit abandoned as far as moderation goes. I haven't seen a moderator or a 'banned bot' message ingame since before the merge. It would be great if we could get at least an updated list of moderators, because according to the masterlist in problems and solutions, we only have four at the moment. Even if they are just banning bots and taking care of small problems, knowing mods are around is...encouraging? Maybe it's just me, though.

back on a personal note - it's really disheartening, I guess, to realize that something which I think (sad as it is) really helped shape who I became is just a game, and that I don't really matter to it in the grand scheme of things. The only impact I can make as a player is by boycotting the company. And I'm sure my 20$ a month makes a big dent in their pockets.
1 0
Score : 90
Gunnerwolfang|2017-06-25 04:12:34
There is no way to distinguish multi-loggers from family of players. By banning players who says that they play with 7 other relative/friends using one IP connection, there is a possibility that they will be punishing the innocent.

Blackstone's formulation: "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer",

I think there's a very fine difference between "I play with my family in AvA" and "I multilog for AvA" that many players and even Ankama can tell apart. You can still protect the innocent while punishing those that are chanting out loud that they have committed a crime.
1 0
Score : 25849

There is definitely a fine difference.... If there is a big difference then Ankama can tell them apart, but right now since there is a fine difference, the only way for Ankama to identify who is violating the rule is if the violator would admit that they are violating the rule. If that is the only way to identify violators, I feel that banning those violators will only "stir up the bees hive" and they will just come back stronger and unstoppable the second time around, causing more havok as retaliation for the banning.

How will Ankama stop them when they no longer admit that they are violating the no MA'ing rule?

0 0
Score : 3384

I dont understand the 'Ankama won't ban people' thing. I don't really play on Echo, but on Maimane I was attacked 2v1 during an active AvA by a multiaccounter, both of his accounts were banned for a week a few days later.
One of our prisms got attacked and a player was playing 3 accounts. Again, a few days later he was banned for a week.

OK it's not perm bans, but they are fast and effective in dealing with it. They don't let you know about the consequences, but people figure out it's you and attack you for it.

I think it's against the ToS to show support messages though. If it's not I can provide heavily censored back and forth with support. They answered me in a day.

1 0
Score : 237
chaoman|2017-06-25 13:30:52
I dont understand the 'Ankama won't ban people' thing. I don't really play on Echo, but on Maimane I was attacked 2v1 during an active AvA by a multiaccounter, both of his accounts were banned for a week a few days later.
One of our prisms got attacked and a player was playing 3 accounts. Again, a few days later he was banned for a week.

OK it's not perm bans, but they are fast and effective in dealing with it. They don't let you know about the consequences, but people figure out it's you and attack you for it.

I think it's against the ToS to show support messages though. If it's not I can provide heavily censored back and forth with support. They answered me in a day.
On Echo and before merge on Rushu there's a guy who has been multilogging percs/prisms/avas for at least over a year and he doesn't even hide it and he still keeps doing it every day without punishment. I think some of these complaints are directed at his case.
1 0
Score : 2134
ItzBluffer|2017-06-25 13:57:22
chaoman|2017-06-25 13:30:52

On Echo and before merge on Rushu there's a guy who has been multilogging percs/prisms/avas for at least over a year and he doesn't even hide it and he still keeps doing it every day without punishment. I think some of these complaints are directed at his case.
I wouldn't be surprused if they had a much more active moderation team on French servers.
0 0
Score : 48

i think that the ankama staff does an excellent job dealing with all problems related to bans, as everyone ive known to be a multilogger has been banned in the past at least once or twice if not more. If this certain person has been "doing it for over a year" than isnt it apparent to you that maybe they aren't breaking any rules and that they are just seperate people that are good at the game?

7 -2
Score : 14
final-attempt|2017-06-26 08:46:29
i think that the ankama staff does an excellent job dealing with all problems related to bans, as everyone ive known to be a multilogger has been banned in the past at least once or twice if not more. If this certain person has been "doing it for over a year" than isnt it apparent to you that maybe they aren't breaking any rules and that they are just seperate people that are good at the game?
I agree people get far too annoyed because they simply can't win. Support does a wonderful job, and swiftly bans all manner of disruptive cheaters. Have a blessed day.
2 -1
Considering the guy they were talking about has flat out admitted to it in chat, and before admitting to it, was caught responding to pms from one of those chars on a different one, I'm going with "ankama isn't doing anything about it"
0 0
Score : 48
Nerd-Tease|2017-06-26 09:10:34
Considering the guy they were talking about has flat out admitted to it in chat, and before admitting to it, was caught responding to pms from one of those chars on a different one, I'm going with "ankama isn't doing anything about it"
so if 2 people playing together are friends and 1 says hello i am the other that means they should be banned because they "admitted" to multilogging ok then. and "was caught" were you investigating a crime scene and saw the suspect red handed? you talk about this like you are investigating a murky murder cause.
0 0

Sure. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. If someone wants to jokingly admit to multi-accounting in AvA fights, I see no issue with them getting caught in the storm.

1 0
Score : 366

I for one will not be streaming for or particapting in anything Dofus related, inclduing playing the game and subscribing... (Another $30 loss a month) until they atleast at very mminimum form a valid response outlining what they have done, or haven't and why? AND What they are going to do to rectify current issues...

So I guess if I never get that response it's goodbye for me. It was fun!

Also you might want to read over your Legally Binding Documents again Ankama...

Wouldn't be surprised if someone actually took you to court for the last 10 years of sub payments, +damages. (Laugh, but I've seen "funnier" win.)

You agree not to use loopholes, bugs or any other type of error to obtain advantages in-game (including, but not limited to, gaining experience, gaining items, gaining time, bypassing restrictions, duplicating items or kamas), nor to promote the use of these. Similarly, you undertake to immediately notify Ankama's Support when you notice a loophole or error in the Games.

You may not in any way disrupt or interfere, or attempt to disrupt or interfere, with the Service and Games experience of other players or staff, including the disruption of Ankama’s duties, computers, servers and related websites. The following are some specific examples of disruption:
you may not engage in the following forms of abuse: belittling, harassing, intentionally misleading others, etc.;you may not use (or abuse) the Service to harass others by engaging in spamming, spimming or “flooding.” This includes excessive use of the same word, message, character, or other, in attempts to bring unwarranted visibility to your cause or for general annoyance of others. This may also take the form of gibberish or unrelated messaging.You may not conduct or promote any illegal activities whatsoever in connection with the Service. This includes every illegal activity not specifically highlighted above, including without limitation copyright infringement, trademark infringement, gambling, substance abuse, defamation, harassment, fraud, and virus or trojan horse transmission.
0 -1
Score : 145

As forum rules state, hidden posts cant be discussed.

I will communicate via PMs if anyone is interested.

kappa.jpg

As for now, that one guy is spamming perceptors and prisms, killing and vulning everything. We cant rly def because its not a time of a day when much ppl can be online. Well, its easy for him as he manages all of the 5 accounts.

Putting this "personal/interalliance" issue away - I cant play properly with Echo server instability. I have did everything MODs asked us to do on forums.

What is making me sad that there is no official statement on dofus.com wall (news).

The "compensation" we have recieved so far was laughing matter and cannot be taken seriously.

Thinking about the court thing actually. This is beyond ridiculous.

You think you can spit on my years of continuous support? Lemme check how much Ive spent on your company. Getting really angry.

@MODs

Actually, where can I ask Ankama staff to make an exported document of transactions done on my account since 2007 - today?

Also, I demand full TOS and TOU documents to be send.

Please, direct me to the subforum/another contact, where I can get these documents. Then I will probably contact third party to look into the issue.

Understand that I love Dofus and there is no game like this one. I grew up in Dofus, made lifetime friends here.

But I wont bow my head against such insults. Right now, as I feel it, Ankama stole my money and time and is not doing anything to compensate the loss.

I am REALLY sorry about this, but you dont leave me a choice.

P.S.: Im not a kid, which I was 10 years ago. I know my rights and wont stop demanding justice.

P.P.S.: The solution, which would be imho fair, is refunding/recharging up all of the subscription since the game broke = Echo server introduction and international community merge. I would be ok with that, tho I understand some ppl might want to adress the damages caused by these issues.

0 -2
Score : 601

Sad thing is the multilogging of this guy mentioned is not only affecting 1 person, or 1 alliance, he is doing that to most alliances, perceptors, and comes to all koths carrying all alone. Have been reported several times, makes no difference, he will just destroy all the fun in the end along with people's will to stay. At some point people will grow tired of this, because I don't mind to have a fair fight over a territory or anything else, but having a fight against the same guy 5x constantly is nowhere near fair or fun. Should have left that guy on Rushu eh.

0 0
Score : 7679

I hate to ask a stupid question, but have you reported this guy to the moderators via Ankabox or their Twitter account, or just gossiped about him in this thread?

0 0
Score : 145
Schmendrick|2017-06-26 17:00:36
I hate to ask a stupid question, but have you reported this guy to the moderators via Ankabox or their Twitter account, or just gossiped about him in this thread?

Numerous reports with valid evidence via support. Thats why we took it also elsewhere...despite him being constantly reported, nothing happens. We have screenshots of him admitting hes breaking the rules, bragging about that he wont get banned.
0 0