FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The forum is shedding its skin!

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - July 13, 2017, 17:00:00
Announcements

Starting next week, the forum that you all know, on which you've surely spent countless hours and evenings, is going to give way to a brand new forum! New functionalities, new interface… we'll explain everything!

If you've taken a little tour over on WAKFU, Krosmaga, or even DOFUS Touch's forums, you've already seen a rough draft of the forum which will go into production next week. The forum will be adapted to smartphones and tablets, and the navigation has been revised and improved to let you navigate the internet peacefully.

New functionalities are going to appear which will mostly help you be more efficient in your searches on the forum and in following the information that interests you.

Notably, you'll find:
  • Follow a subject: You'll be able to follow one or several threads that interest you in real time. You just have to click on the star to the right of the thread's title. Then you'll receive a notification anytime something new is posted in the thread.

You can find a complete list of your followed threads in "My Followed Threads" (pretty good name, huh?).

If you no longer want to follow a particular thread, you just have to click on the star again to unselect it.

• "Incremental" comments: you'll be able to respond directly to a comment below it by writing in the "reply" field. You'll no longer have to respond to everyone who's commented on a thread: you can specifically target a speaker and have a nice, peaceful conversation with them. You can also quote a comment, just like in the old forum - nothing's changed there! 

• Display read/unread messages: Read messages will be grey, and unread messages will be white.

• Highlighting Ankama's interventions: You'll no longer need to crawl through pages and pages of a thread to find the a dev or CM's comments. They'll be indexed just below the thread. You just have to click to the left or the right to scroll through them, then click on them to see the response in context.

• Tracker: The appearance of trackers has changed. In the new version of the forum, you can pass your mouse over the Ankama icon to see the different active trackers on the thread. You can click on the desired tracker if you want to display just that tracker's contents for that particular thread. From the thread list, you can sometimes see a little Ankama icon (see icon below). Move your cursor over it to see the active trackers on the thread. You can click on the desired tracker if you want to display just that tracker's contents for that particular thread.

A small reminder about the trackers:
    • AnkaTracker: A staff member has participated in this conversation.

• DevTracker: a dev has participated in this conversation.

• ReplyTracker: a player's response has been accepted as valid by the DOFUS team.

• News: To follow the posted news.

• Forum Score: Before, the only indication of activity that you had on the forums was the number of Dofus under your avatar.   Now you'll find a score, which indicates your engagement on the forums. Note: this is not about pointing out trolls or rewarding players who make googly eyes at us. There are several factors that come into it, including the way the post is perceived by the community in terms of thumbs-ups and and thumbs-downs. We can assure you that flooding the forum to improve your score won't work. The goal is still to encourage players to post quality content and discussions.

We'll continue improving the forum over the next month. We have more than a few surprises in store, and we can't wait to share them with you.
First Ankama intervention

Yes.

See message in context
Reactions 35
Score : 117

tldr its like dofus touch forum?

1 0

Yes.

Score : 150

Lovely

0 0
Score : 691

rip imps village

0 0
Score : 3408

will the rules about quoting a post in an immediate reply and some of the other existing rules still apply in the new version of the forum? Will there be a "locked thread" or a highlighted post that will cover the rules of the forum for quick reference? I never understood that rule about not quoting an immediately prior post.

0 0
Score : 25952

Wakfu forum is very different... I don't know why but in the wakfu forum it is easy to lose track of the latest post in the thread, making it hard to keep up with the discussion. As if the company do not encourage lengthy discussion.

0 0

We do encourage lengthy debates and discussions. The new forums let you choose to sort the comments in a thread from last to first, and anything you haven't read is highlighted. I'm not sure what the issue you're facing is, but we'd be happy to take a look at it if you would be so kind as to explain it.

HeadMasterWhompus|2017-07-14 09:19:19
will the rules about quoting a post in an immediate reply and some of the other existing rules still apply in the new version of the forum? Will there be a "locked thread" or a highlighted post that will cover the rules of the forum for quick reference?

I will still apply, yes. Please assume all forum rules will still apply. And concerning that particular rule, please keep in mind that it will now be possible to start "sub-threads" by answering a particular comment directly, making it possible to start side-discussions on particular, finer points, as well as make all the more obvious who you are answering in particular.

We will of course have a thread detailing the forum rules.
Score : 25952

I guess it was the reply option... I think when posters use the reply option (instead of making a new post or quoting) the latest reply does not bump the thread to the top of the section so I won't see any new reply in the section (or not have any idea if there was a new reply added to the discussion)... Or maybe there is just something that I am doing wrong that is why I am not seeing the latest reply.

For example, I replied to one post Click here. Would anyone even know that I replied to that? If I look at the general section it would show that the last post in that thread was yesterday and not my recent reply a few minutes ago.

And that forum score?! LoL, That will not bring out quality post, it will only encourage conformist and kumbayah mentality. If Ankama really think that others will upvote quality (but non-conformist argument), then Ankama deserve the trash (but warm and fuzzy) post that they are asking for. Let the age of Poppy begin where conformist can sing and dance and hug each other while shunning out the non-conformist Branch as being a nobody (even if he is the only one who actually have a quality argument).

0 0

Ah, indeed, it seems the latest replies to a specific comment do not show as "Last reply" in an overall thread. I'll notify the team, maybe we can do something about that.

Score : 88

Hello !
I come from the French forums where I post at least 99% of my messages (so please forgive me for the improved English, I do not use a translator)
We have no official response from all our answers and are very worried about the forum future.
Here are some of these (I created a thread on the forum, first locked and then moved to a dead section :/)

- The commentary system is illisible (French ?). When the thread has more than 3 pages, you are lost. There will be more duplicate.

- There has been too much bad feedbacks from the score system and it's buggy (negative scores). It is easily abusable

- On big screens, the forum lost in readability. It does not adapt to 16/9 or 21/10 and is centered.

- Followed threads take too much place and when you disable the functionality, they still are shown

- and so on (full thread, but in French Click here)

Can you please contact the French team ? I know that's not part of your job but it's important enough.

Thanks and keep up the good job. The rework is a good idea and we waited so looong for this, but actually, it's too buggy and not ready to be released.

0 0
Score : 7469

RIP 6 comment dofus score, 2008-2017 - now how am I supposed to measure my self-worth?

I started a reply to this earlier, but deleted it because I hadn't really done much looking and didn't want to knee-jerk too hard because hurrr it's different.Now I'm back several hours with a much softer, but somehow more tangible knee-jerk.

I'm finding it very awkward to read threads now, for a couple reasons. I find the OP being separated from the rest of the replies disrupts the flow right from the start. Then, directly under that but (and this is the big problem with it) barely differentiated from a normal comment are the pinned comments from Ankama staff. these need to be made easily distinguishable from a normal reply because if you read them as such they are completely out of context, and a source of confusion. 

I haven't had any issues with bugs yet (although I'm not clear where my 28 score came from), but I, too, am not a fan of how slim the actual posts/forums appear on my own 16:9 monitor. Also! Will we finally be able to create signatures?

I am happy that shortcuts don't mess up my browser anymore though! and images imbed nicely! AND I'm loving the new emoticons. earthfireneutralwater:tap:wub

@Andom8 your English is great! The feedback gave me an idea of what to look for, and I hope you get your answers soon. (illisible = illegible)

Does adding in an unclosed < still break a post? Let's find out!
0 0
Score : 7469

It appears I cannot edit my post, fabulous.

0 0
Score : 11287

I don't particularly dislike the new forum look but I do agree that the staff posts need to be more distinguishable.  Also goodbye lovely little eggs.

0 0
Score : 3095

Navigating in the old forum was much eaiser for sure.. So far I am not liking the the new look that much, but I will get used to it I guess

0 0
Score : 1348

Welp.. Lets see if this change is for the best. If you guys could anything tham plase add a colum to the "All Topics" section where you can see who posted something new. It would really benifit that section (I use it exlusively)

0 0

And Ehm.. The edit button does not work for me. I am on Chrome and on thelatest version with no plugins that do anything on things like this. Maybe that helps.

0 0

The problem with the Edit button has been reported as a bug, and should be fixed soon.

Thank you all for the reports.

Score : 1804

I'd like a setting or something so it wouldn't auto-follow threads I've posted in.

2 0

You and me both.

We're working on it.

Glad to hear that 2 others find that annoying lol. It is usefull for some threads which you wanna "pop up" but that certainly is not every thread :p

0 0
Score : 60

Hi I'm looking to make a forum post regarding one of the new quests. Does anyone have a link to start a post please? I can't find it. Thank you.

0 0
Score : 11287

The Thread Creation link is at the top of the forum in the same banner as the forum name. So in the General Discussion forum where it says "General Discussion" to the right of that in the green bar it says "Create A New Thread"

2 0
Respond to this thread