FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

This game has always been a confusing pile of garbage

By shadow-of-lost-dreams - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - August 27, 2017, 23:24:16

Decided to come back and try it out. Tried to purchase some ogrines and was going to purchase a subscription, I guess Dofus doesn't want returning players.

Can't even buy anything because they have somehow "detected multiple purchases" or some garbage like that. Which would be my first actual purchase for this game since 2007. Fun.

Get your crap together Dofus team. It's been 10 years, it doesn't look like it's changed at all in terms of support and in terms of your website still being crappy. If it won't let me make any purchases then I guess you lost a potential returning customer.

0 -10
Reactions 33
Score : -1888

Get 4-8 accounts.
Leech people. Get kamas.
Run dungs alone, or pass people dungs. Sell drops. Get kamas.
Buy ogines for kamas.
Sub.
Repeat.
When you don't have costumers to keep rounding your kamas income, rage on forums on how you want dofus to be.
Anakama seems to be listening more to this kind of players in the last years.
Result: The number of those of us who still pay sometime for this game is getting lesser and lesser; and almost never none from ankama listens to us.

5 -5
Score : 21

That's honestly really sad. My payment finally went through and I was about to subscribe until I noticed that the game is dead. People can say it isn't dead but when the entire game functions entirely around leeching (for what purpose bro? you aren't even going to play the game) and not doing anything else...Then it's dead.

I'm going back to WoW instead. At least people do things there. This game hasn't changed very much at all in ten years. Back in my day (sound like an old man) people would leech at bonta rats and sometimes brakmar rats.

BUT, they would still do dungeons from time to time to enjoy their newly power leveled character. Otomai's dungeon was another one folks would do. Apparently now you can just buy an orb for ogrines and reset anytime you want. Etc. Etc.

Seems like this game has actually gone down hill which is unfortunate because this game always held a special place in my heart. (I mean...the last time I played I was 12. That was ten years ago, so much nostalgia.)

Plus it seems like there's still a decent amount of scum bags that play this game. Like the jerk last night who offered to help me get back into the game. Invited me to his guild, friended me, etc. We talked for hours, thought he was a cool guy. Asked me to check my bank to see if the hackers left anything of value in there.

Had 2 bow meows with maxed strength and one intel. Told me to give them to him and he'll sell them on one of the markets and give me 80% of the kamas from it. I knew it was a scam from the get-go but I didn't really care too much. What a shame though, I know that there are desperate players in every online game but it's quite sad to take everything someone else has left.

(guess I got hacked quite some time ago. Lost ancestral oak gear, soft oak set. 1MP/1AP gelano a ton of cawwot dofuses and a few other dofuses. Lost some cool pets...Sucks quite a bit. There's no way for me to get back into this steaming pile of manure now.) I guess if it makes the other guy feel good then whatever. Hopefully karma exists right?

./EndRant.

TL;DR - garbage game...Devs don't care about the players (if they did they would add things to make the game more enjoyable for people who don't want to leech like a brain dead monkey, which unfortunately is what 90% of this games population seems to like) and most of the community seems like they came straight from OG Runescape with their pathetic scams.

1 -3
Score : 509

I understand the difficulties with ankama and all the issues with the game (I'm not playing right now)...but WoW is what you go to? Come on man sleep 

You can sub for gold now but Legion is not even worth the time anymore, at least play a good game.

0 0
Score : 536

I agree... unless u have a friend group you can play with, there's absolutely no point in joining the game. The only thing that matters is getting lvl 200 (sure, that's the objective... but if there's other people leeching you it doesn't feel like an achievement). I tried to play a couple months ago, got to lvl 150 (on shadow server, so exp n stuff was buffed up), I could never find a decent group to play with, and even when I did they quit within a week if not the same day.

I guess if dofus had a type of seasonal server, it'd be a nice game to play.. but everything in all the servers now is just too much about end-game which as a new (solo) player you're never going to reach...

Unless you just pay2win ofcourse, because;The best way to deal with kama sites, is by implementing a system that allows players to buy kamas with real life money for ourselves!  And this has forced me away from the game the most...

That being said, nostalgia is always a factor and I will keep checking this game out every once per half year, hopefully we'll see some big changes (and not changes like 1.29 > 2.0)

0 0
Score : -208

From this thread we can surmise that server merge did not help improve interaction for solo players. It seems to get even worse. What the server merge did was mix the good egg with the rotten egg thereby spoiling the whole server. Ankama only succeeded in giving scammers more victims to prey on.

The intention was good, but unfortunately, the execution was poor.

1 -2
Score : 1787

This sure is an interesting thread, its almost as if y'all rehearsed your outrage before you came to the forum, you're really in synclaugh

I'm not gonna waste my time responding to everything y'all hate about the current state of the game but I will argue that this isn't how the average player sees and experiences the game. I've been level 200 on my main for ages and have multiple characters that I play on so when I'm stuck on a quest or whatever I have other things to do; with that said, I've always been able to find groups of people to play with around level 60~140. After 100~ its pretty common to see people leeching the rest of their way to 190~200 because why not? But y'all seem to be ignoring a vast amount of the player base that doesn't. It almost sounds like y'all've never played the game. Have you even tried to look for a group of people to play with? Join a guild? Talk to people at The Village/Astrub Zaap? Theres a community channel where players of all levels are asking for help with Quests/Mobs/Bounties/Dungeons, I know because I'm one of em.

I can remember on my old server I would advertise my services to level my professions and most days would never get one person asking me to craft for em cause my profession weren't level 100+, now I have to turn it off when I'm playing to keep from getting flooded with requests.

I'm not saying the game is perfect, there are definitely some things that could be done to improve peoples experiences and interactions with the game and each other, but the changes that I've observed over the years seem to have done nothing but improve on those aspects. I had to go out of my way and come to this here forum to hear about this cause NOBODY is talking about this in the game.

I'm not saying y'all are crazy, I think y'all make some valid - albeit overblown - points, but when I read the comments of this thread I don't think, "Man, this is exactly what everyone in the game is talking about", because everyone is too busy enjoying the game.

9 0
Score : 1495

I got 8 accounts, I can do almost everything myself, But i still ocasionally help new/noob players out. Ofcourse there are players that have multiple accounts and only care about themselves and never help people. But not everybody is like that. I know enough people that like to play together, do dungeons together, you just have to find the right people to play with.

About leeching, thats not what solo players do. If they do, they shouldnt. Most people you see leeching are Multi-account people who have already reached 200 on one of multiple chars, they just want to get more quickly and not repeat the whole leveling process again.

0 0
Score : 87

pvp in this game is unique and imo really good. it's one of the main reasons to play this game at the highest level. plus, as an endgame player, you can subscribe for a week if you win 20 kolossium fights and sell the reward.

1 0
Score : 561

shadow-of-lost-dreams|2017-08-28 22:52:39
That's honestly really sad. My payment finally went through and I was about to subscribe until I noticed that the game is dead. People can say it isn't dead but when the entire game functions entirely around leeching (for what purpose bro? you aren't even going to play the game) and not doing anything else...Then it's dead.

I'm going back to WoW instead. At least people do things there. This game hasn't changed very much at all in ten years. Back in my day (sound like an old man) people would leech at bonta rats and sometimes brakmar rats.

BUT, they would still do dungeons from time to time to enjoy their newly power leveled character. Otomai's dungeon was another one folks would do. Apparently now you can just buy an orb for ogrines and reset anytime you want. Etc. Etc.

Seems like this game has actually gone down hill which is unfortunate because this game always held a special place in my heart. (I mean...the last time I played I was 12. That was ten years ago, so much nostalgia.)

Plus it seems like there's still a decent amount of scum bags that play this game. Like the jerk last night who offered to help me get back into the game. Invited me to his guild, friended me, etc. We talked for hours, thought he was a cool guy. Asked me to check my bank to see if the hackers left anything of value in there.

Had 2 bow meows with maxed strength and one intel. Told me to give them to him and he'll sell them on one of the markets and give me 80% of the kamas from it. I knew it was a scam from the get-go but I didn't really care too much. What a shame though, I know that there are desperate players in every online game but it's quite sad to take everything someone else has left.

(guess I got hacked quite some time ago. Lost ancestral oak gear, soft oak set. 1MP/1AP gelano a ton of cawwot dofuses and a few other dofuses. Lost some cool pets...Sucks quite a bit. There's no way for me to get back into this steaming pile of manure now.) I guess if it makes the other guy feel good then whatever. Hopefully karma exists right?

./EndRant.

TL;DR - garbage game...Devs don't care about the players (if they did they would add things to make the game more enjoyable for people who don't want to leech like a brain dead monkey, which unfortunately is what 90% of this games population seems to like) and most of the community seems like they came straight from OG Runescape with their pathetic scams.

If you had bothered to look on the forums about your card payment issue you would of seen that it would of cleared in time and in most cases its not Ankamas fault but your banks security system to blame.

Did the person you gave your pets to tell you he/she would give you the money straight away? Or was he/she going to give you the money once they sold? Things take time to sell normally especially pets like that as not many if anyone even wants them. To me it sounds like someone went out of their way to help you out and your just ungrateful.

Solo players moan and moan about the multi accounters in this game. Calling them lazy and unsociable but for me I find most(not all) solo accounters the same!

They demand the help of multi's and when they dont get it they spit their dummy out.

If solo players want to play with other solo players setup your own guilds that accept only solo players.
2 -1
Score : 1532

I have mostly played solo on and off for 9(ish) years, and recently I decided to give multi-accounting a shot, because I wanted more versatility and it's sometimes nice not to always have to rely on other players. At first, I had four accounts, three of which I used for kolo at a low level, and one that I just used for hunting and helping out the members of the guild I ran.

Now, the only way that I, as a casual player, was able to run all of those accounts at once was because I am fortunate enough to be able to pay for those subscriptions with real money, if I'd have had to use ogrines to pay for my p2p every week, I wouldn't have found it sustainable, and even if I was able to sustain it using the rewards from the kolossium, I wouldn't have had much money left to be able to buy new gear, and I wouldn't have had time to farm all the resources to make it.

But I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

Ankama have a team to run, an office to pay for and an electric bill to pay. The ability to grind to hell and earn kamas in this game in order to pay for subscription with an in-game currency is incredible, the fact that the hard-core gamers have the option to do this is something that we should be grateful for, because Ankama does not have to do that. 

A lot of people that use this service (often because they can't afford to subscribe using real money- not a judgement, just a statement), complain about people who "Pay to win", because they are able to afford to buy ogrines to sell on. It seems that it's easy to forget that without these players, there would be no such thing as the kama exchange, and there would be no way to subscribe without money.

Before recently, my guild was open to members of all levels, and consequently I found myself with a lot of lower level players in my guild asking for help, and whilst I'm totally okay with helping others out, I have a limit. I wouldn't mind taking other players to hunt for resources, or run them through a dung or something, or stand on a tile for a quest.

I'd like to consider myself a helpful person, I take pleasure in helping others, it's why I choose to run a guild. Nevertheless, I draw a line at playing the game for somebody. I refuse to take a full wis xelor without an xp multiplier in a prespic set (That 9 times out of 10, has been given to them by some pity-taking, higher levelled member) to an xp hunt, when they're complaining to me about not having anywhere to level. The amount of times I've heard "Where can a (insert low level here) (insert difficult class to play here) level?!" It's frustrating, because at a low level, you shouldn't be thinking about grinding, especially if you're not able to fight something of your own level.

Quests are an undervalued part of this game, and there are a lot of players I have seen at a high level with less than a thousand points for achievements, which is basically a giant red flag saying "I POWER LEVELLED TO GET HERE" which, again, isn't always a bad thing.

This game can be incredibly tedious at times, I will admit that, and not everybody is the type of completionist that enjoys finishing every little side quest and achievement, especially if you've already done it before. I don't think that leeching is a bad thing in that case, it means you are able to achieve that versatility without spending the hundreds of hours it can take to do the quests.

I have dropped from four accounts to two, because I find that more manageable, and more enjoyable, and I mostly leeched my own second account to get to a stage where it was useful in combat alongside my first account.

I think that's part of the issue. There isn't anything (aside from tile puzzles I guess) that low levels can do with high levels without it feeling like leeching. The level gap is huge, which is why a lot of people try to rush to the top, because they want to play with others. It's easy to join a guild but not many guilds are ran by or predominantly contain lower level players, which means that new players are just on a rush to get to those high levels so they can play with everybody else, because the main community on dofus is filled with higher level players, often people that have been playing for years and have many characters at that high level.

That's my two cents anyway.

5 0
Score : 195

Just my two cents.
Multi-account players are still solo players. Just because two, three, or six accounts are being manned, it doesn't mean that you aren't a solo player anymore. I man three accounts and I am a solo player. I also don't completely care whether or not I get help from others, because when I get the help I get it, if I don't then oh well. I've been playing since beta on dofus and the sister game. I've been a solo player.

1 0
Score : 1279

I remember playing as a newbie, as a low-level character, as a relatively high-level character... in all these instances, there were things that I needed help with and things that I could do on my own. I would usually work on the latter and wait for the right opportunity to do the former.

So what can one do on their own?

• Some quests
  • Professions
  • Dopples
  • Treasure hunts
  • Hunting for archmonsters
  • Almanax (to some extent)
In fact these are, in my opinion, better done alone. All I need to make it fun in the meantime is an active chat, and /c has pretty much solved that problem for me.

In the meantime, one can wait for groups or the right opportunity to do
  • Some quests
  • Exping
  • Dungeons
  • Kolo
  • AvA

While it is true that there are some things that require a group, there are also many things that don't. And those things that don't require a group are easily more important to building a strong in-game foundation than the things that do, for newer players.
1 0
Score : 4398

The game is pretty much unplayable if you don't throw money like a madman to multi.

0 -4

If you are willing to work for it like a second job, you  can "play to pay" for multiple accounts using the kama-ogrine exchange. Everything will be playable then, but you really have to dedicate more time and effort into playing.

1 -1

People who say this game is p2w or p2p are just lazy....... I have 8 accounts and I dont have to spend any real money for subscription or kamas for gear. I earn all ingame......... if you are saying you need to spend real money to play or be good, you should stop zaap sitting and start doing something.

A good explample is fri quests, each quest gives like 40kk, if you do a bunch of them you will have a few mk in no time. You also get ice kama which you can use to buy + sell resources

1 -3
Score : 45

that guy which complained of having no kamas in the game he can come online and take a million kamas from me IGN: Ichor-kr
and for getting scammed by other people is just your fault I have been playing for a while and never got scammed by anybody.

0 0
Score : 344

Some people just want to rant and complain instead of actually playing this game...

I've been playing Dofus since 2007, (except for a 2 year hiatus) and absolutely love this game. It's not perfect, but for the most part I think Ankama do well to sort out issues, balance gameplay, add new content and features.

My biggest gripe is the players! I suggest if you don't like this game, then don't play it... because moaning, bitching, complaining consistently about something you can't change seems like a massive waste of time to me.

0 0

its true, this is actually the only game of all the games I play/have played that doesnt require real money to play the game. Ofcourse you have to put little effort in it. By zaap sitting you dont earn money...... 

0 0
Score : 32

Stop all the complaints. I have been subscribing all these years using own kamas as a monoaccounter. So nothing is wrong with dofus. Nothing is wrong with the leeching stuff. This is because people nowadays are lazy af. Why dont just change your attitude towards this game? Stop asking for leeching.... Just go out there and enjoy the World of Twelve

1 0
Score : 2803

What I enjoy the most about Dofus is logging in to meet people that I have been talking to for nearly 8 years. The game is overwhelming at times because there's so much to do and (over the last few years especially) things have been changing quickly.

The 'detected multiple purchases' is something that frustrates me as well. I wish there was a way to buy multiple subscription tickets to use on my accounts and to hand out to my friends. If there was an option to buy 15 to 20 3-month subscriptions with 1 click I would throw that in my basket right away. Would be a great Halloween present. But anti-bot, anti-fraud, and anti-something measures make life pretty awkward, and that's not just in Dofus by the way.

0 0
Score : 658

It is a common issue of most of the online games around. People are raging but apparently there aren't really anything do to about it. Many people got perma banned because of this "security" system for no reason. They have to fix it somehow but probably even they don't know how to

0 0
Score : -1226

For many players, the comming single-account-server will be a good alternative.

(See Simsoft in Gamakna # 3: )
As for the single account server: "We believe we have found an acceptable solution. To block the use of multiple accounts, this new server introduces some restrictions: Each account must be linked to a verified phone number, and connection restrictions are introduced. For example, two accounts with the same IP or phone number can not connect to the server at the same time. Other restrictions will also be used, which are not announced. "

3 -4

Unfortunately, international community will not be able to access that server due to technical issues. It might take a while to be fully accessible.
Then there is the issue of whether solo-accounters would actually start from scratch on a server with very low population.

0 0
Respond to this thread