FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

How do I beat Koutoulou?

By DofuLloyd - SUBSCRIBER - September 20, 2017, 13:12:56

Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I've last played, so a friend of mine and I decided to come back and try the Sufokia dungeons for the first time. We tried to figure out the basic mechanics of Koutoulou's mobs before entering the dungeon, but we couldn't completely understand how Madness works. We still had no problem getting to the last room, but once there we couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. As for now, all we could achieve was isolating the Spookkoth with a Sram's double to turn the fight into a 4v3, but we still keep getting smashed.
We are 4, obviously 200: Ecaflip, Sram, Pandawa, Eniripsa. We'd like to beat the dungeon with our characters and their classes.
Do you guys know what strategy could we use?
I also have some specific questions:

1. How exactly do you gain or lose Madness in the last room?
  2. Why does Koutoulou teleport all/some characters near him?

All we could find on the internet was in French, which we don't understand... Thank you in advance for any tip or advice!

P.S. As always, I see this game still has its old legibility problems, since there's absolutely nothing written in any state description that helps you figure out what's going on. All you can do is just try and try and try and see things happening without even a single hint, take notes and work on a puzzle with all the pieces scattered everywhere, and you don't even know what the original picture was like. It's like you have to study and understand a scientific experiment for the first time, but you don't even know what laws and formulas are involved. It feels frustrating rather than difficult, but I guess some people will still arrogantly come out with comments about how my friend and I are not capable enough and should play another game: if you are one of them, please refrain from commenting.
1 -1
Reactions 9
Score : 1906

I've beaten it recently with a similar character composition, the only thing I can tell you is to look at the wiki entry:

http://dofuswiki.wikia.com/wiki/Koutoulou_Larva

and integrate it with this update:

https://www.dofus.com/en/forum/1-log-book/329892-sidimote-rovers

It's all written in there.

0 0
Score : 514

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately it doesn't answer my questions, except for the little part about the increase in Madness when in Koutoulou's line of sight (what does line of sight mean in this case, anyway? In line with him, or at his... Range, of what?).

0 -1
Score : 1744

Line of sight means in his range indeed, so if he could cast a ranged spell (he can't, only cc) and reach you with it you're in his Line of Sight. Koutoulou also teleports chars that are in his line of sight at the start of his turn next to him. You also gain madness by being cloned by spookoth, probably something involving flauticultist aswell, and if you swap with an allie for a second time in a turn. (also when setting of a Nyalgy trap but that doesn't really apply here).

I hope that helps a bit, even after the nerfs koutoulou is probably still one of the hardest dungeons.

0 0
Score : 2792

Swapping with an ally or enemy more than once increases your madness.

Certain spells from the monsters also increase your madness. I don't remember exactly which spells but I'll guess
Spookoth- can't increase madness
Diepworm- the spell that gives gravity maybe
N'alg guy- if you get hit with this guys pulling trap
Skt-zo - the spell that drains 1000 vit
Flaut guy- the pushback spell
Koutoulou- the only damaging spell he has

0 0

Welp thank you for your help guys, we found out that "line of sight" actually means just "in line" with Koutoulou. If you finish your turn in line with him, you gain Madness. About his teleporting spell which draws characters near him, we couldn't really find a pattern though. It didn't really matter if we were in line with him or not, it felt quite random. Maybe it applies to anyone who gained madness in the turn before Koutoulou's. Anyway, we beat him after 15 tries, we don't really know how. 

0 -1
Score : 508

I'm gonna explain you what is line of sight (LoS):

Let's say you are fighting a poutch ingball at the kanojedo, specifically 10 cells away from him in straight line. If you summon a cawwot in front of you, you will no longer be in poutch's line of sight, so you won't be able to hit him with Heads or Tails.

In case of Koutoulou, he has infinite range, so you have to hide behind an obstacle (wall, summon, enemy or whatever) to avoid being teleported and doesn't matter if you are in straight line with him, as long as you are hiding behind something.
Imagine he is a Cra with 60 range, you must hide somewhere to avoid being hit by an arrow.

The dungeon is doable with your team, but you must organize and define the roles correctly.

Pandawa has to take care of the boss. The easiest way is to throw him behind the little wall of the upper right side, which also blocks his line of sight.

You could also throw the other enemies to the left side so Koutoulou can't swap with them (I think swap spell has 6 range) but Pandawa has to stay close to Koutoulou to repeat the process every turn, so don't go too far.

Sram and Ecaflip must kill enemies as soon as possible (Skt-Zo first, Flauticultist second, and Spookkoth third)

Spookkoth can be easily disabled with Sram's double, fear him far away and summon a double, he won't move until double is killed which will give you like 15 free turns.

0 0
Score : 4517

Being in Koutoutlou's line of sight at the start of his turn is what enables him to teleport you. Line of sight is not about being in line (horizontal/vertical) or not, but whether there are obstacles along the "line" between you and him.

As for madness, I think besides the other things mentioned, hitting monsters (or just Koutoulou?) in line increases it too. A cra using tormenting arrow tends to get high madness very easily. Not hitting for a turn decreases it.

0 0

KaimArgonar-|2017-09-22 07:56:44
I'm gonna explain you what is line of sight (LoS):
[...]

The dungeon is doable with your team, but you must organize and define the roles correctly.
[...]

Thanks for the strategy, looks quite good, we'll try it next time.
About LoS, I know what it is, the problem is that what they wrote in the changelog is pretty confusing. As far as we got to know in the dungeon, you actually get Madness when you end your turn in line  with Koutoulou, not in his LoS.
vagabaka|2017-09-21 21:16:06
Being in Koutoutlou's line of sight at the start of his turn is what enables him to teleport you. Line of sight is not about being in line (horizontal/vertical) or not, but whether there are obstacles along the "line" between you and him.

As for madness, I think besides the other things mentioned, hitting monsters (or just Koutoulou?) in line increases it too. A cra using tormenting arrow tends to get high madness very easily. Not hitting for a turn decreases it.

Hitting monsters in line won't increase Madness, but swapping places with the same one more then once will. It most likely happens with allies too, but only the character in turn gains Madness. About losing it, 90% sure that it's like you said (you need not to hit anybody during your turn and, ofc, enemies must not attack you).
0 -1
Score : 1496

You can Always search for Veldin on YouTube, he is a pro player who makes videos and tutorials of all endgame content. Some videos might be outdated due to the dungeon nerf in 2.42 but you can still use the videos and then go to http://impsvillage.com/forums/topic/152029-dofus-242-changelog/    to see what has changed about the dungeon so you know what they made easier. Thats how I do all my endgame content now, I managed koutoulou on my 2nd try. 

0 0
Respond to this thread