FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Update 2.44: Single-Account Server

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - October 06, 2017, 16:00:00

As discussed in the latest edition of Gamakna, as well as in a specially-dedicated news announcement, the subject of the future single-account server has been the source of a great deal of curiosity! The DOFUS devs are here to shed some light on some of the less clear issues in a new video. 

In the latest edition of Gamakna, the digital magazine for Ankama's universes, we were pleased to announce the release of a server reserved especially for single accounts, coming soon. This news has raised a number of questions, many of which we've already answered in our FAQ

This new server will make an appearance with the 2.44 Update patch. In the meantime, take a look at the "Dev Questions" video that covers this highly-anticipated topic! 

YouTube
Manage Cookie Preferences

First Ankama intervention

The English subtitles are fixed.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

See message in context
Reactions 69
Score : 16

subtitles are not working properly sad

1 0
Score : 10

I suggest you put subtitles on.

0 0
Score : 459

they are in dutch

0 0
Score : 2507

Turn on subtitles, and if your language is not an option, then just pick any language that is, then select "Auto-translate".

FYI, it's a really short video, no mind-boggling or new info that I'm aware of.

0 0

The English subtitles are fixed.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Score : 11272

Looks like a good time

0 0
Score : 6

I'm sure your anti multi-log has gotten better since this idea's creation? because even with your current "protection" people are easily able to multi log via vpns and multiple accounts registered under different names and verified phone numbers (via apps thru vpn) and Multi-Log perceptor fights, so what new security have you put in place to ensure every player has the same experience as the others?

0 0
Score : 25892

I just hope they can counter these setups...
Multiple IP, multiple computer, multiple account, multiple registered name.... one person. 
If they can't, then the game technically becomes pay to win, those who spends more money can win over those who can't afford multiple set-ups..

1 -1
Score : 1288

i'm excited for this idea of a new server for only single accounts... but the issue i already see happening is that people can still Multi-account on that server. For example, i'll just make 7 emails and utilize my family's real phone numbers....
My lil sis -> new account
my 2 brothers' #'s -> 2 more accounts
my parents -> 2 more accounts.

see? lol. those are all techincally "new and single user accounts"...

0 0

Register multiple account with multiple phone.?... Check
Play on multiple computer with multiple IP?.... 

1 0
Score : 45

What if my wife and i want to play this server 2 different computers 2 seperate accounts with different phone numbers etc but we are on the same network, will this be allowed? I just tried it on the beta nad it did not seem to work

0 0

I'm sorry but no, this will not be allowed. No two accounts will be able to log in from the same IP, and we can't make any exception.

Score : 1802

I don't understand all the hate this server is getting. I told a guild mate who multi-boxs about it and he practically attacked me just for mentioning it. I personally think its a great idea and hope it works out but the multi-boxing community thinks this is some sort of attack on them.

0 0

It is quite understandable even if I do not multi-account. MA's have exerted effort (great deal of money and huge amount of time) in developing and playing multiple accounts and now Ankama is making contents that their effort have no access to. It is like spending all your life earnings to invest on gasoline then a water powered engine was introduced. Yes, solo-accounters like us will love it but it is not hard to understand why multi-accounters hate it.
And two, solo-accounters have always hated multi-accounters calling them the cause of all their misery. The new server can be viewed as a testament to that hate. In my opinion, the solo server will only serve as proof that MA is the the reason for the game decline.

0 0

Gunnerwolfang|2017-10-07 16:04:24
It is quite understandable even if I do not multi-account. MA's have exerted effort (great deal of money and huge amount of time) in developing and playing multiple accounts and now Ankama is making contents that their effort have no access to. It is like spending all your life earnings to invest on gasoline then a water powered engine was introduced. Yes, solo-accounters like us will love it but it is not hard to understand why multi-accounters hate it.
And two, solo-accounters have always hated multi-accounters calling them the cause of all their misery. The new server can be viewed as a testament to that hate. In my opinion, the solo server will only serve as proof that MA is the the reason for the game decline.

1. How does a new server erase effort? Nothing has to change for multi-boxers, just continue playing on their servers.
2. The new server wont have anything the others don't, there not being barred from anything.
3. I don't know anything about the games "decline" and the whole blame game stuff but I can say this much, people who don't multi-box can only struggle to compete with those that do so this seems like a win-win for both sides to me. The multi-boxers can continue to play the game on their respective servers and those who opt for a more level playing field will use Ilyzaelle.
Nerd-Tease|2017-10-07 16:09:58
A lot of the "hate" about this server stems from practical concerns.

1. There are actual cases of multiple people in the same household playing the same game, and there are many couples who game together who would refuse to play a game where they could not.

2. Community Fracture:
We just had a server mergers happen, and now Ankama is doing something to potentially redivide the population?

3. Time investment:
A lot of people are invested in their characters in various ways. While some people may enjoy playing the game from scratch, many will not. There also won't be the option of "paying someone else to craft for you" for a while as nobody is going to have the profession.

4. Enforcement:
Without going into specifics, for a multitude of reasons, the moment someone figures out a way to bypass these restrictions, they gain a game wide advantage over everyone else in the server.

5. Read the FAQ: Ankama has no intention of supporting things a server like this needs to flourish. They outright said, before anyone even asked, that the group finder would not be making a return. (Which is something that should exist for all the servers, but would be especially pertinent here.)

1. That doesn't explain why multi-boxers hate the new server.
2. They merged dozens of servers. There only adding one mono-account server thats most likely guna be overrun with French people on a 100 to 1 ratio.
3. It's not replacing the existing one. If you don't wuna start from scratch, don't. Keep playing on your server.
4. The server isn't even open yet and they've only made known to us a few of the restrictions they are guna impose on the players and this doesn't answer why multi-boxers would hate it.
5. Again, the server isn't even open yet, give it at least a few days before crying DOA. Hardly anyone used the group finder or even knew it was there. Even the French people didn't use it much and they would have had more of a reason to with there more populous servers. I thought it was a good idea too but nobody used the thing. If everyone was actively queueing up to find groups we would still have it.
1 0

1. How does a new server erase effort? Nothing has to change for multi-boxers, just continue playing on their servers.
2. The new server wont have anything the others don't, there not being barred from anything.
3. I don't know anything about the games "decline" and the whole blame game stuff but I can say this much, people who don't multi-box can only struggle to compete with those that do so this seems like a win-win for both sides to me. The multi-boxers can continue to play the game on their respective servers and those who opt for a more level playing field will use Ilyzaelle.

1. Like I said, the new server is something that multi-accounter will not benefit from. It is an update that they will gain nothing from. After all the years playing, Ankama made an update that will not be of any use to multiaccounters.
2. They are barred, because they are multi-accounters. 
3. That is just the problem, you don't know about those things, that is why you don't understand the animosity.
0 0

1. I can see that, point taken.

2. I have to say though that this new server is only part of the update and it still isn't as if multi-boxers can't play on the server, they just wont be able to run multiple accounts so I still don't see them as being barred from it. Barred from multi-boxing, yeah, but thats the whole point of the server.

3. Granted, I am ignorant of the animosity between multi-boxers and solo accouters because I've never felt like it had anything to do with me, I just get on and enjoy the game semi regularly, but you have helped me understand a little bit how someone who multi-boxs would dislike an update to the game that is a direct affront to the way they play.

0 0
Score : 6

Multiloggers are the downfall of this game and should never have been a thing to begin with TBH.

1 -3

Here we go again. The animosity.
I am a solo accounter.... But IMO, multi-logging was not the problem. It was a response to the real problem of:
1. Game is getting harder.
2. Population is getting lesser.
3. Remaining player's schedule and goal varies so it is not conducive to teaming up with others. Sometimes lag and disconnection also discourages teaming up.

Additionally, I will also add....
4. Toxic players.... AFKers, trolls, trashtalkers, smugs, scammers, retarded, etc etc etc.... Players who will mess up the game for the whole team, wasting hours of your play time.

Multi-accounting attempts to solves these problem.
Dofus is a crippled game, but multi-accounting does not crippled it, it is the crutch that keeps the game barely playable. You will realize this once you play on the mono-server and see that it is worse that the regular server.

Edit: In medicine, a "crutch" is considered to be not a permanent solution, and in most cases, crutches hinders the "return to normal" process of recovery. So technically, a mono-account server is the right way to go.... But that is if the main problem is getting remedied. It is not enough that a mono-account server is being introduced, Ankama must also address the real reason why multi-accounter became prominent.

2 -1
Score : 322

Hmm, is there any other way I can confirm myself, since I cant add my phone number, due to service is not available in my country?

0 0
Score : 54

I have the same issue, i live in sweden and can't add my phone number on my account

0 0
Score : 70

Hm.. what's the problem if the guy want to have 8 accounts or in my care 4 accounts and my friend 4? there are people there who enjoy being independent, so now if i want to do a dungeon i'll have to beg people to help me.. this is not going to work... You guys should focus on helping people who likes to socialize to get together, like a dungeon sercher system or something, not stop people who are paying you from playing a certain way..

EDIT: god damn for a minute i was afraid you guys were doing this for all servers.. thank god i can play without depending on other people, i'm just waiting for you guys to fix the feca because the range of the spells in that class are garbage.

1 -1
Score : 328

All praise monocompte!

0 0
Score : 2853

Not that it hasn't already been said a million times.
But sucks if me and my brother want to play on this new server.
Good job tho Ankama (Not being sarcastic this time)
At least it gives me an option to start fresh on a server where people will be forced to work together to get ahead.
Still can see plenty of people multi logging on it.
Still can't ban the people multi logging on AvA/Perceptor Attacks/Defense so I don't see it improving on the new server.

1 0
Score : 294

I am a multi-accounter, and I love the fact that this game allows that type of playstyle, you are able to accomplish most things without having to rely on others. On the other hand, I am really interested in a brand new server that's economy relies only on single account players. It brings something new to the table, and it doesn't matter if you were a multi or solo accounter- everyone is a single accounter on Illyzaelle.

0 0
Respond to this thread