FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Beyond confused, demotivated, and disappointed

By chaosruner - SUBSCRIBER - January 23, 2018, 20:53:14
AnkaTracker

I came back with mono servers. I really enjoyed the new version of the game I left 10 years ago with idols, tactical mode, interesting spells, etc.

I saw this balance change come up and I thought I would eventually get a translated version so that I could understand what was being changed.

Instead of having a page of reading to understand the changes that were made I now have to either muddle through and figure out what happened in game or try to understand what google translate tells me.

I'm disappointed in the way I have been treated as a player. I don't expect devs to come and have town hall meetings with me on balance changes, I don't expect community polls on whether or not changes should be made, I just expect the changes to be communicated to me in a language I understand. 

8 0
First Ankama intervention

Hi Chaosruner,

First I wanted to thank you for sharing those thoughts and feelings with us.

The reason why we weren't able to post the list of changes in English yet is that changes can be made until the very last moment before the maintenance or hotfix/game update and therefore the final original version may change. Our localization team has wait to receive the final French version and then can produce a translation for all the different other languages and it simply takes time.

That doesn't mean that we cannot improve the flow of information and we will continue to try to reduce that delay for the community.

See message in context
Reactions 6

Hi Chaosruner,

First I wanted to thank you for sharing those thoughts and feelings with us.

The reason why we weren't able to post the list of changes in English yet is that changes can be made until the very last moment before the maintenance or hotfix/game update and therefore the final original version may change. Our localization team has wait to receive the final French version and then can produce a translation for all the different other languages and it simply takes time.

That doesn't mean that we cannot improve the flow of information and we will continue to try to reduce that delay for the community.

Score : -56

I dont disagree. Wouldnt be faster if a french translated to english the patch note? I would think ankama does have someone that knows english really well there. I'd say that they never think about the international community, and that we could recive things at the same time as them.

1 -1
Score : 744

Hey, 

Most of the time Gravestorm tries to translate stuff and posts it on Impsvillage. Usually he asks me when he he's not sure about the translation since my mother tongue is french. 
Sadly, I do not have the time to translate full patch notes in english, especially the latest ones which are gigantic. The most annoying part is definitely the spell names which you have to translate from french to english. 

0 0
Score : 523

Changes can be made until the last minute is not an excuse at all. This could have been done in 20 minutes by anyone with both languages and the client open. And while changes can be made shortly before launch I imagine they aren't being made in the 3 hours maintenance with the update going live. Surely someone could have done something instead of leaving us in the dark here. It's absolutely disrespectful to the English player base.

4 -1
Score : 13416

Just a reminder, we're now 2 days past the patch being live with no patchnotes. We also have old spell descriptions as these were neither translated nor replaced with accurate untranslated ones.

2 -1

We will be posting the changelog/patch notes as soon as received from our localization team.

They are doing their best to get it to us as fast as possible in all the different languages.

Thank you for trying to be patient with us, we understand that it is important. 

I would like to also invite the participants of this thread to continue the discussion (here) as several threads now have been opened related to the same subject.