By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

2.46: Beta release!

By $[Sabi] - ADMIN - March 08, 2018, 18:15:00
AnkaTracker

Beta 2.46 is already available! Whether you are a beginner or seasoned player, you know that you have undoubtedly already spent some time there and It has just been revamped: so, go discover the new Astrub!

In this new update, the legendary city of Astrub is getting a major makeover for your eyes only. The city, its rocky inlets, its forest, fields and meadows, and even its tunnels: Our loyal and committed workers have been keeping busy!

And that's not all: The bravest among you, the ones who aren't afraid of the dark and dare to venture where the Bworkette puts on her makeup and eats her Vaulting Rye Bread, can now delve down to the darkest depths of the all-new Astrub Quarries… where they'll be welcomed by an all-new monster family!

As always, we call on you, our toughest critics (but don't be too mean – we're sensitive and have feelings too…), to let us know about any bugs you may find**. That way, the version of the city that emerges in the official release of this update will truly be the Astrub of your dreams*!

ATTENTION! In the interface of the marketplaces, you will see that we have included a "beta version" button. It will show you a beta version of the new marketplaces interface. Please, click on it and do not hesitate to leave your opinion and comments on the DOFUS Lab forum.

* The Astrub houses are not available yet but we will update the community as soon as they are available.
** You can participate in the Beta 2.46 bug hunt event to get yourself a new forum avatar (the event ends March 19th at 09:00 a.m. CET): here.

First Ankama intervention

Hi everyone, 

We are going to be working on the beta changelog with the team to get it properly translated in English, however in the meantime, I will ask you to refer to the FR one and to be extra careful when it comes to use google translate.

If you have any points that you would like to be clarified from the FR version please do not hesitate to share it here in the meantime. Let's work together so that we prevent any frustration for the community and get to enjoy this new beta version.

See message in context
Reactions 68
Score : 46

There are so many game mechanical changes to this update. Will you help to elaborate more on those in English?
I feel like it's too important for community translators to handle.
First of all the french change log is perhaps the longest change log that has ever been. https://www.dofus.com/fr/forum/1557-discussions-generales/2268785-version-2-46-beta
So already it will take much longer for us to get it all translated proper.

Furthermore you refer to a different Devblog in the changelog which was release a while back which yet hasn't gotten an English counterpart. https://www.dofus.com/fr/mmorpg/actualites/devblog/billets/852496-devblog-gd-accessibilite-equilibrage-equipements

I kinda feel like we are left behind on information and can't make full use of the updates when we keep getting forgotten by Ankama.

0 0
Score : 949

Disappointed that the international community is once again relying on a google translated version of the changelog, particularly after all of the complaints when this had occurred last. The international community wants to continue to support this game but when the Ankama team doesn’t reciprocate that support, it makes it quite difficult. I really hope you can pass along our comments.
Will achievement points acquired before the update be taken away/will we have to repeat the astrub questline?

0 0
Score : 117

well u shud search better before flaming https://www.dofus.com/en/mmorpg/news/devblog/tickets/852525-equipment-balancing-crafting-simplification

1 -5
Score : 744

This is not what fairygoddess was looking for.

This is the Beta Devblog: https://www.dofus.com/fr/forum/1557-discussions-generales/2268785-version-2-46-beta (FR), which is not available in english. 

1 -1
Score : 332

Thanks for nerfing 508 idols into ~80 score. Best change by far.

1 -2
Score : 231

Save 2.45 server pls...Dont kill dofus...Please!

0 0
Score : 49

W8 what are you kidding me are they really nerfing 508 idols? Where did you read that?

0 -1
Score : 843

I don't mind most of these changes, but I think they should work like how you say they will work. I'm getting annoyed by the idol changes because they dont work like how you say they will work.
(at least in the current beta they dont work)

Ougaa and horiz idol have complementing constraints, Ougaa requires ranged passing to avoid the negative effect. horiz increases ranged damage on mobs so both can't be avoided. This gives a positive synergy, makes sense right? That's how changelog describes it should work, idol effects that can't be avoided together gives a positive synergy.

Now, Muta and oaf who is similar but opposite. Muta requires melee passing to avoid the effect and oaf increases melee dmg of mobs. Both effects can't be avoided, so makes sense for the synergy to be positive right? Wrong. negative synergy.

Same with ougaa and muta, one requires melee end of turn and the other ranged end of turn to avoid the negative effect. Both can't be avoided at once but they still give a negative synergy.

0 0

Hi everyone, 

We are going to be working on the beta changelog with the team to get it properly translated in English, however in the meantime, I will ask you to refer to the FR one and to be extra careful when it comes to use google translate.

If you have any points that you would like to be clarified from the FR version please do not hesitate to share it here in the meantime. Let's work together so that we prevent any frustration for the community and get to enjoy this new beta version.

Score : 498

@Sabi then pass this on from the International Sacrier community to the Dev' Team:

Lift the restrictions on Convelescence. (The biggest issue by far)

Berserk to grant 200% power per suffering stack instead of 100%. (Another damage nerf is unacceptable)

Do something, anything with Flying Sword. The currant version is lazy, pointless and redundant in comparison to Swift Sword.

And address the dated and redundant nature of Retribution and Life Transfer. These being as they are, is DATED, lazy and down right bad as spells in our kit. Perhaps an ommni-elemental (all elements) spell for Retribution, as is the current trend with classes. Or a weapon based spell instead of life trans' considering melee is meant to be the classes specialty. EG: Turn your weapons damage lines into  Life stealing damage for X Turns...

If they fix those things, or a compromise on some of those things (Convalescence mainly), it will make the Sacriers actually function, more to the point; they will then be fun to play. Resulting in, yes, you guessed it, HAPPY SACRIER PLAYERS!

Why does me asking this feel like I'm a super special snowflake drifting towards the heat of Hell's Furnace?

Once the class is functional, the Sacrier players of the community can then actually enjoy old end game content, let alone the new content.

Without the class being functional, why would we care? The end game will still be closed off to us as players of the class.  Left waiting for an actual fix, during which they lose our subscription cash. I am not the only one that feels this way, and it is the logical action to take considering the outcome of past Dofus history in this regard.

But, you know, let it go live as is, and see how the players protest in the only way we can, our wallets closing...  Sad thing is... WE WANT TO PAY YOU, WE WANT TO PLAY!

So give us a reason too, and rekindle some of our faith in Ankama's "Class Development".

Make the right choices for once... sad

0 -1
Score : 32

o my word the chafer hole is gone sad

1 0
Score : 4263

D:

0 0
Score : 3063

Yeah I guess we'll just wait until the update goes live so we can get the changelog... As always.. 

0 0

And find out the validity of actually posting here... or  in "Ask Ankama". Solely based on their actions. If those actions are anything like last update, we will see another drop in population. Did they learn from the January Update debacle? Is the main question  that should be on everyone's lips.

But...

From the outset of this update, if it goes live as is, just from class spell changes alone, it looks like another population drop is inbound. In regards to not having the change log translated as well , and starting off on the same footing after the reaction about this exact same thing last update, Brave? Stupid? Insulting even?

I hope for our sake they break from their norm, I would like to type in a positive light about Ankama... Or Rushue forbid, perhaps even sing a tune of praise for them... and actually play the game.

I think this quote is apt. Q~ Giving False Hope is a dangerous thing.

0 0
Score : 197

please dont nerf idols

0 -7

The one of the few redeeming qualities of this update. Well, "IF" they get the synergies of the idols right, maybe we will see some close combat usefulness in conjunction with them now. We can only hope, huh?

0 0
Score : 581

yass make dofus great again

2 -3
Score : 581

508 cras tilted ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

2 -1

[Sabi]|2018-03-08 14:54:39
Hi everyone, 

Adding information to this as it has been confirmed that the beta changelog will not be translated until fully completed and changed into the next update 2.46 where you will get all the actual changes in your language. For now I would like to ask you to continue to please refer yourself to the French one. However in the meantime, again, I am here to help you if you have any points of it that needs to be explained or verified. 

And the suggestions for the dev's about Sacrier's, did you pass on the requests?

Or are you being deliberately ignorant to our  distaste at the currant planed changes for them?

What is the point of the Beta if you are not going to pass on tested and concerned complaint?

Just like every Beta really...

As for no translations, it looks like we are in for the same rocky ride as last update. How many will hold on and how many will leave this time, we will see.

All in all a bad start to this update, the same disrespect towards the communities and a double helping of such in regards to the Sacrier communities opinions and suggestions  about the class. The tip of the iceberg really, Ankama is treading dangerous ground here after the January debacle of an update.

So Sabi,  did you pass on the suggestions and complaints in this thread as asked?

1 -1

Killer-Clown|2018-03-09 09:09:24
And the suggestions for the dev's about Sacrier's, did you pass on the requests?

Or are you being deliberately ignorant to our  distaste at the currant planed changes for them?

What is the point of the Beta if you are not going to pass on tested and concerned complaint?

Just like every Beta really...

As for no translations, it looks like we are in for the same rocky ride as last update. How many will hold on and how many will leave this time, we will see. 

All in all a bad start to this update, the same disrespect towards the communities and a double helping of such in regards to the Sacrier communities opinions and suggestions  about the class. The tip of the iceberg really, Ankama is treading dangerous ground here after the January debacle of an update.

So Sabi,  did you pass on the suggestions and complaints in this thread as asked?

Yes, all suggestions, questions and complains are compiled to share with the team. There is no ignorance here and I highly recommend to make sure we stay on the constructive side of things even when voicing concerns. smile

Thank you for the conformation. Now we just have to wait and see if there are any results. I will stay on the side of constructive, as all that needed to be voiced as concern for the class has been said.

Like I have said, I, like many, just want to be able to play the content competitively with a sacrier. 
Losing the suffering gain restriction on Convalescence is the key.
The Idol changes are a step in the right direction for melee class viability in end game content and achievements.

0 0
Score : 8

OK how do i play beta? tongue

0 0

You can find the information on how to install it: heresmile

Score : 3268

Hello, I'm bilingual in French and English. Can I post a fan translation of the changelog here?

0 0
Score : 3063

Please do!!! <3 

0 0
Score : -32

@Killer-Clown - Former Subscriber - 08 March 2018 20:11
//Quote
*Sigh*
I also question why the class change translations have not been done for the international community yet? Are Ankama scared of an honest reaction?
//End quote

Maybe it is because of people like you who don't give an objective assesment of the update/implemented changes but instead give their dissapointing 1 sided opinion?

//Quote
Nothing of what we posted has been taken on board by Ankama in regards to the sacriers functionality and complaints... again! sad
*Sighs*
A sarcastic thumbs up from me... sad
It makes me wonder; why did 100,000 players quit in January again?
//End Quote

1 -6

The Sacrier community has given that objective assessment and opinion quite a few times at much length on the subject. 

These changes, well like I said, objectively, Convelescence needs to have the no suffering gain restriction removed. This in conjunction with ankama wishing us to function fluctuating between both paths of suffering. Currantly this spell does not encourage this and its counterpart in general is a stronger spell.

This bottleneck in the spell kit is what stops the class from truely performing, be they hybrid, Berserker or Tank.

I point at Life transfer and Hostility also as lackluster spells in the kit. I suggest a multi element spell in place of one of these spells to rienforce the Berserkers kit, as it is common place on alot of the quad element characters.

I have been questioning the functionality of the class, the mechanic and flaws that have made it redundant in end game content for a long time. Is this a one sided oppinion? Maybe ask some Sacrier friends?

0 0
Score : 12

what the heck did you do to sadidas? shake went from 43-47 to 34-38 with nothing to compensate that. Cras get no crit anymore for fulminating arrow but get extra damage for it but sadis get nothing to compensate this HUGE nerf? are you guys mad? This is not a nerf, this is an absolutely destruction for this spell. Double think about it, please.

0 -4