FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

An Update on Mishell… (。◕‿‿◕。)

By $[Sabi] - ADMIN - March 16, 2018, 16:00:00

Nimaltopia… Remember it… A sanctuary where fauna and flora lived peacefully thanks to Mishell, until poachers showed their ugly faces. For almost a year, Nimaltopia has seen an equally inconspicuous and ruthless struggle. And Mishell still needs help!

Being a daughter to Osamodas, Mishell has naturally always been committed to protecting Twelvian fauna and flora. It's been a year already since her island, the lush Nimaltopia, opened its doors to the most extraordinary creatures, but also, and in fact, those most fragile and threatened in the Krosmoz… Mishell devoted herself to the difficult task of gathering together the most coveted – and therefore most endangered – species, protecting them in this veritable safe harbor. Unfortunately, besides being the must-see destination for nature lovers, Nimaltopia is the same for nature's worst enemies

Beauty and her Beasts quickly had to contend with uninvited guests… Hunters, poachers, and fur and exotic meat aficionados flocked to this preserved locale like a bull in a china shop. At the time, a good number of battle-hardened Twelvians, sympathetic to animal rights, came to the aid of Mishell and those under her watch. This was quite valuable to the young Osamodas (allegedly not so young anymore), who remained grateful ever after.

Not long ago, her worst nightmare came to pass: Cancane, her adorable Gobgob, was taken before her eyes by an unscrupulous trapper, who coveted its magnificent deep-blue fur. Mishell dispatched an entire army of warriors prepared to risk their lives for this oh-so-precious critter (and not just for the hefty price its hide would fetch!). Those three days were the longest of her life. "I couldn't sleep that whole time. I didn't eat, I didn't bathe… I was like a ghoul, dead inside and driven by a solitary goal: finding my Cancane. Alive…" she told Wapiti magazine.

Thankfully, the animal had remembered all the safety instructions and defense techniques its master had taught it. It had applied them to the letter, biting its attacker in the most sensitive and accessible areas. (No one says which ones precisely. Probably the big toe, because the scoundrel's voice has been high-pitched ever since.)

It supposedly spent the next two days hiding under a tree, shielding itself from the night air by wrapping up in Mishell's Nimaltocape, which the attacker also stole.

"Things worked out in the end… But it reminds us of the danger all around us, and that enemies of the beautiful wilderness are never fair!" the young Twelvian concluded.

Without Mishell's sage advice and her Nimaltocape, the Gobgob most likely wouldn't have survived. It was a close call! And to mark the area's first anniversary and to help you wait until the new Subscription Packs arrive, be aware that the Nimaltocape* is included in the 15-Day Subscription Pack, until March 19th. After that, it won't be in the Shop again! It's just the thing you'll need if you plan to venture out on the colorful island… Or if you someone wants your hide!

Speaking of adventure, how many of you have met a Frightened Minikrone?

* As a reminder, the Nimaltocape works like a vanity item: it lends its appearance to another item without modifying the item's characteristics.

Reactions 25
Score : 3365

You prioritize promoting a cloak and translating the whole thing from French to English instead of translating the more important Change-log? 

9 -1
Score : 489

No truer question has been asked this update. We all know the answer and reason, GREED!

It becomes more and more transparent what Ankama's real intentions are each update.

1 -1
Score : 300

It's funny because it's true, however we look at it.

Edit: Wanted to reply to edaw but for some reason it didn't work on mobile

2 -1
Score : 125

so the blog states "As a reminder, the Nimaltocape works like a vanity item: it lends its appearance to another item without modifying the item's characteristics."
so what the hell is this?
https://www.dofus.com/en/mmorpg/encyclopedia/equipment/19158-nimaltocape

0 0
Score : 108

edawrdkung - Subscriber - 16 March 2018 16:03
You prioritize promoting a cloak and translating the whole thing from French to English instead of translating the more important Change-log?

this.........

3 -1
Score : -5

Lmao even the link doesn't work

1 0

I'm sure Sabi will fix it soon, but:
https://www.dofus.com/en/shop/18-subscription/10205-mishell-pack

Score : 1751

priorities....

3 -1

Agreed!

0 -1
Score : 1780

haha, pretty cool, I'm definitely gonna get.

I don't understand why people are so upset over the beta changelog translation, they act like this isn't a normal thing. Check out Impsvillage for a community translated beta log if it bugs y'all that much.

1 -8
Score : 13449

One, it isn't a normal thing. The fact that Dofus players see it as one is really telling of how long it has been a problem, but other companies don't treat their international communities like this while still claiming to support those communities.

Two, by buying into it, you've just become part of the problem because you are financially validating their decision to prioritize translating a cash grab over content.

2 -2
Score : 1401

It bugs me that we have to rely on 3rd party to translate the changelog for us. I get it, the English population is but a small part of the playerbase but this still sucks.

3 -2
Score : 241

Yeah, I hope they lose a lot of people so that they finally see this. Or that they finally give us a good answer on this, since they're basically just ignoring us.
It's idiotic of them to think that it won't have consequences, and I feel sorry for the English-speaking mods that try to patch up and help wherever they can, but this is getting ridiculous.
Same thing with that valentine video they posted, and didn't have a single ounce of actually good in-game info even though they didn't get through the trouble of properly translating it.

I really hope the changelog is going to come through soon, and that they finally realise there are people that don't go and learn French for this game and would still really, honestly like to be updated on what's going on.

4 -2
Score : 13449

It's insulting. The lack of a translated beta changelog has been a point of contention with the community for a while, but during this beta cycle not only do we get teased with a "find a bug get a reward" event (with no way for non-francophiles to know what the intended behavior is), but we get a perfectly translated promo event.

And the recent issue with the spell variant beta where we had literally untranslated spells on the live server (well, technically they just still had the old effects in place, which is somehow worse)

Oh and while this one is somewhat minor, the ecaflip variant of heads or tails, was intended to be tails or heads, but the translation team didn't even do a quality job of that as can be seen in game where both (in English) are heads or tails.

That and there's still untranslated things in the game from about several patches ago (see: several monster family challenge achievements that have wildly wrong info in them;

Soulblazes have Krobes names in making it impossible to know which you have ticked the requirements for or not from it

The same for Ghouls having piwis in there.

(There are probably more examples of this, I surely don't have all the text in game in my head) 

So yeah, I'm going to keep my wallet shut on these promos. Why should I or anyone else reward a company for prioritizing their resources on a cash grab cosmetic over actually dealing with the core of the game?

4 -3
Score : 1751

we get upset about the translation because ankama focuses so much on their French community to the point where they forget about us...that's why we're salty. i think it's a lot of mistakes on their part that have accumulated and now it's enough honestly.

2 -1

You have to admire their brazzen arrogance when it comes to "listening" to what the players want and not delivering. Choosing instead to insult us with a translated cash grab promotion, while the community BEGS for the patch notes translated "officially" every update.

Have we not been clear enough on the matter? Remember that spiel on listening to the community that Ankama keep trying to sell us? As a community, we are not buying it! Ankama's actions tell a different story motivated by, yes you guessed it, greed... sad

Just to be clear, the French players get it just as bad, however at least they are informed.

I will be doing the same as Nerdtease in this situation, I will not reward bad and greedy buisness practices, nor will I reward a company for insulting the International community to its face.

Don't be part of the problem, be a part of the solution.

No changes have been made on the classes this update based on what the players of those classes have tested, posted and reported (from both communities). I think they go live with this Update on this coming Tuesday, HA!

The same as every update? Yes! The rhetoric of transparency and the facade of listening to the community, a lie? yes!

What is the point of Beta test again?

So where is the possitive change to perswade us to buy into these promotions? Because currently Ankama don't deserve our money.

Just in case you missed it over the last three years of complaint Ankama, this is how a Community protests these days! They stop paying to play and buying cosmetic promotions.

We all warned Ankama of this last update... here is that "Ankama listening to the community" spiel at work again....

*Sigh*

3 -1
Score : 852

Please don't blame Sabi for this. Although I understand the sentiment, you all forget something. This is a promotion that will last for a short duration, and therefore is in need for a translation before the promotion ends, thus it is given higher priority. Crudely said, the changelogs will stick around for a long time even after this, and thus the deadline for adjustments and translation can be extended. As a final reminder, people always come to the forums just to complain, which is why your problems are a bit blown up and you feel like you're in the majority. In truth, there are also many players that enjoy the game for its flaws and don't feel to express that on the forums. A company will not step down just because a few people complain on the forums like the apocalypse of the game is near, and make silly 'threats' like "I'm not gonna subscribe anymore!". Grow up a little. 

Instead of complaining on everything that is wrong with the game, make a topic to collect the faults in translation. It will be easier for the company to address than people complaining that the whole in-game translation is wrong. Translation mistakes happen, even in larger games with more people to proofread. It's hard not to miss something with so much dialogue as this game. 

Also, I don't want to play the moderator here, but I feel some people have driven their sentiment off-topic (the bots issue). It doesn't get you any further to discuss this in a promotion message. You could also make a topic that is more dedicated to your cause to get the attention you want. 

2 -7
Score : 259

+. Shitshtorm. Shitstorm never changes...

2 -1

We did make a topic about it, it got moved and locked.

1 -1
Score : 241

With that same logic the changelog should have been translated because of the bug hunt almost only French speaking people were able to participate in because the changes have not been officially translated.

4 -1
Score : 3365

I am happy to see you guys give your opinion on this matter, cause I've been playing for about 10 years and this has been a problem for a long time. And it isn't "just" about the change-log.
Us, the English community don't get as much attention as the french community does, which is just unfair and something should be done about this! 

6 -1
Score : 259

Himaltohat pleeeas=3

0 -1
Score : 299

Nimaltopia has become Nimal for me.smile.
I could just do a round of the island.smile.
Really pretty looking island.smile.
Saw Mishell.
She was busy teaching the animals.smile.

0 0
Score : 142

Wow the community seems really mad about this
but do not forget we are not second-class citizens
a lot of french players are unhappy as well 
I love Dofus and Ankama has made some great changes over the years but we need that extra push
to made the community feel included,

0 0
Respond to this thread