FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Good News: More Free Content! (~‾▿‾)~

By $[Sabi] - ADMIN - March 23, 2018, 10:00:00
DevTracker AnkaTracker Announcements

You will probably have heard about some interesting news from the presence of ToT at Ankama Live; but for those who were not there, we wished to share the main points with you. In short words: get ready to have access to more free content in DOFUS!

Today, we offer you a lot of positive news, so get comfy and read further below:

THE AREA FOR THE NON-SUBSCRIBERS IS EXPANDING!

The borders of the region reserved for non-subscribed players is increasing. You will now have free access to the following (names subject to localization):

• To tainela and its dungeon: the Royal Gobball Court
  • To the creeks of astrub and their dungeon: the Sand Castle
  • As well as at the Astrub Cemetery (formerly known as Cemetery of Heroes) with its new quests!

THE MAGICAL ORB INCLUDED IN THE SUBSCRIPTION

We decided to include the Magical Orb to the subscription starting with the next update... Without increasing the price of the subscription!

In more concrete words, this means that:

• You will have more flexibility, both in PvE and PvP. We hope there will be more audacious builds and more tournament participants (DWS and other competitions). The possibility of changing its characteristics during the placement period will be added a little later (and not at the next update).
  • We have thought of everything: the ensemble system, which you will discover at the next update, has been built to give you more autonomy and better organize your characteristics and equipment.

Since the Magical Orb will soon become available for free, it was removed from the Shop.

REGULARIZATION TABLE FOR PLAYERS HAVING AN ACTIVE ORB

Players with an active orb will be regularized based on update 2.46. This means that we will reimburse in Ogrines only people with orbs which are active at the launch of update 2.46.

The number of days remaining is therefore calculated starting at the update 2.46’s implementation.

If you have a magic orb of 7 days:

• If you have 4 days left or more: we will refund the whole Magical Orb in Ogrines.
  • If you have less than 4 days left: we will refund half of the value in Ogrines.

You have a 30-day magical orb:

• If you have 15 days left or more: we will refund the whole Magical Orb in Ogrines
  • If you have less than 15 days left: we will refund half of the value in Ogrines
First Ankama intervention

Hi everyone, here is more information that we would like to share with you:

What will happen to Otomai's quests?

All the means currently allowing to respect/restat (reset of characteristics and spells)  in-game, whether via Otomaï, the Dopples ect ... will soon be disabled. Otomai's quests will not be changed in the short term and will still be needed to unlock the associated achievements.

What will become of the orbs obtained with treasure hunts?

We will remove the possibility of obtaining these orbs via treasure hunts. No other use will be given to the orbs you already have in your possession.

When will it be possible to respec in the phase of preparation?

We are actively working to make the respect phase in the fight’s preparation phase possible. Although this will not be available with the 2.46 update, we hope to implement a patch before update 2.47.

What will become of the "1 use" orbs?

These orbs remain available in the shop but will only be compatible with 1.29 servers.

Will aggression be possible in new non-subscriber areas on the heroic server?

The rules for new non-subscriber areas are the same as the current ones. Attacks and preceptor poses will not be possible.

Magical orb:

The orb will be activate for all current subscribers and it will be possible to change its characteristics in the future as we are still making further adjustments to it in order to make it work properly in all situations

When will the update 2.46 happen?

The game update 2.46 is scheduled for Tuesday 27th of March.

See message in context
Reactions 34
Score : 744

(~‾▿‾)~

3 0
Score : 23

Nice.

0 0
Score : 702

A round of applause! This is very nice. smile

0 0
Score : 24

Finally! This is one of the things I have been waiting for. Thanks! biggrin

0 0
Score : 546

Its nice to see subscription p2p system slowly moving towards Wakfu's ftp system with booster packs

0 0

Hi everyone, here is more information that we would like to share with you:

What will happen to Otomai's quests?

All the means currently allowing to respect/restat (reset of characteristics and spells)  in-game, whether via Otomaï, the Dopples ect ... will soon be disabled. Otomai's quests will not be changed in the short term and will still be needed to unlock the associated achievements.

What will become of the orbs obtained with treasure hunts?

We will remove the possibility of obtaining these orbs via treasure hunts. No other use will be given to the orbs you already have in your possession.

When will it be possible to respec in the phase of preparation?

We are actively working to make the respect phase in the fight’s preparation phase possible. Although this will not be available with the 2.46 update, we hope to implement a patch before update 2.47.

What will become of the "1 use" orbs?

These orbs remain available in the shop but will only be compatible with 1.29 servers.

Will aggression be possible in new non-subscriber areas on the heroic server?

The rules for new non-subscriber areas are the same as the current ones. Attacks and preceptor poses will not be possible.

Magical orb:

The orb will be activate for all current subscribers and it will be possible to change its characteristics in the future as we are still making further adjustments to it in order to make it work properly in all situations

When will the update 2.46 happen?

The game update 2.46 is scheduled for Tuesday 27th of March.

Score : 18

I don't care about more free content, I just want the character transfer working so I can move one between Echo accounts in the UK.

1 -4
Score : 20

It's about time

2 -2
Score : -4177

Why do you plan to remove the possibility to reset characteristic points via Oto quests? it was one of the things that still kept that island a bit alive ... That, and the mats for trophies from dark forest there.
Why the orb via sub, and the restart via Oto quests can't coexist in the long run? Oto dungeons are fun.

What will happen with the orbs received as compensation during the time (when they were major changes done to certain classes, we got sometime a free orb)? Will they remain in the possession of their owners and will they keep the ability to allow reset of characteristic points? 

Then, will they be any NPC / quests that will disappear from Astrub, following its shrinking? If yes, then could we please have a list of those NPCs / quests, so that we can do those quests before they are gone for good?

3 -4
Score : 787

Although I do agree with you, Sabi also mentioned that they will give something in return to compensate for the loss of restat via otomaii quests. Let's hope it will be something nice, considering the effort!

0 0
Score : 112

so finally u expand the non sub area in 2018 lmao , you shouldve done that 5years+ ago , i saw so many new ppl that left way to early cuz of the small f2p area , they got bored way to early thx to that

2 -1
Score : 3011

So I still don't understand, I have 3-4 orbs in the bank, will i get them back in ogrines or not? 

0 0
Score : 546

you will not.

1 0
Score : 16

It's great, about the F2P expansion, but I feel like this is long overdue. Same with the update of Astrub. From a business point of view, this should have come out at the same time as the update with the mono-servers. This would've kept the hype up with the new and returning players coming for the mono-servers. And at the same time, would've allowed you to keep the multiple servers up.

It seems like Ankama is finally trying to attract new players to the game, and that is a great, but from what I've seen on Echo at the moment is that more and more old players are leaving. Are the people at Ankama even aware of this?

1 0
Score : 1802

I agree 100%, but I think they should have done this sooner, like when they added Dofus to steam but thats all in hindsight~

I believe they are concerned about existing players but as you alluded to, what the game needs is newer players besides, the last few updates have almost exclusively had content for veteran players to busy themselves with so I don't think they've forgotten about us.

A lot of people are upset with the teams balancing decisions among other things but you gotta move forward when you hit hick ups like this, I choose to have faith in the teams ability to address these things, even though I'm alone.

0 -1
Score : 739

Okay, what is with all of the, "free to play expansion is long over due". Saying this does nothing. They are doing it now and that is what matters. I think people just want something to complain about.

3 -1
Score : 252

Thank you smile

0 0
Score : 647

Sweet

0 0
Score : 4427

I'm sorry, I think I haven't understood everything. What about the old orbs given as a reward a long time ago? Will I be able to use them?
What will exactly happen if a buy a subscription for, let's say 1 year? Will I get an orb that will allow me to change characteristics for 1 year?

0 0
Score : 603

Single use orbs will become useless, unless you play in a 1.29 server.
As long as you are subscribed, you will be able to reset (i.e. you don't have to subscribe again after the update hits if you already are subscribed)

0 0
Score : 13

Just dont mess with sadida spells that i ll be alright.

0 0
Score : 31

the infinite reset is actually a very very very usefull thing for a guy like me who change build a lot..loooot.... still i would like ankama to introduce a free reset like the spell one (doable everywere at any time) but this is still epic.expanding new free areas sound good.. little step on the right direction to a allwordfreegame...hopefully soon...

0 0
Score : 1870

It seems to me this reset is doable everywhere, anytime. They just said "at the moment" you cannot do it in fight prep phase, but that seems legit to me, just to prevent abuses in PvP

0 0
Score : 2266

(~‾▿‾)~

8 -1
Respond to this thread