FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

My "forum rating" got from few k, to almost minus 100, LOL, in couple of days or so! How that can be? :-)

By bohemia - SUBSCRIBER - March 30, 2018, 19:21:50
AnkaTracker

I am one of those players who don't just sit in a corner and cry they don't like the game and they'll quit maybe, and don't do anything about it.
I do share my views on ideas on game, possible improvements, bug reports, etc. And I don't do this via forums only, but via tickets to support too, with log data or screenies, if I think those would help to fix certain bugs.

I had a "forums score" of a few k.
In couple of days or so, it got to almost - 100.

So I am just wondering how did this happen?
And who has such free amount of time and nothing to do with it, to go unlike older posts of mine? Cuz I assume this is what lowered the "forums score"?
Well, that, or some bug ...

18 -24
First Ankama intervention

Bohemia, you are very much appreciated here in the forums, as well as for every one here who has been contributing in improving the enjoyment of the forums and the game for the community.

I can understand how the ratings can influence your experience but feel reassured that it isn't such a reliable system quite as of now to judge your appreciation from others. However we will be looking into it and also the old ranking system, as it is important for active members of the community to feel recognized and that is something we also wish to promote, so thank you for bringing that up. smile

See message in context
Reactions 30
Score : 4629

If it makes you feel any better, literally no one cares about the forum's rating system :3

12 -10
Score : -2495

Nunununu, it is not like I can't play Dofus or Dofus Pets anymore cuz of tears falling down my cheeks like Niagara falls and blurring my vision cuz of this.
Quite the contrary: It makes me smile realizing that someone is giving me this much special attention as to go trough my posts and follow them, LOL.
Imagine that even posts were I have wrote about bugs, or I was replaying to people asking questions about the game were "unliked", ROFL.

PS 1 : Btw, I miss a bit the old "ranks" we had on the old forum, all sorts of imaginary creatures.
PS 2: If anyone can "unlike" a post where a player gives a reply to a question of another player, or where a player reports a bug ... Then maybe the way the "forum score" is calculated in a not that so very perfect way? Just a thought ...
Or maybe there should be a limit of how many posts one can like/ unlike per day/ per week?

12 -31
Score : -201

They should have a way to see who liked/unliked our post.

1 -25
Score : 3278

How would that help? 

11 -9
Score : 1777

Try not to let it bother you, I have no idea what the forum rateing is supposed to even mean, whether you have a high or low forum rateing, it doesn't actually effect anything from what I gather.

12 -8
Score : 13416

It's a number on a screen indicative of people using the thumbs up/down buttons. Who cares?

9 -8

Bohemia, you are very much appreciated here in the forums, as well as for every one here who has been contributing in improving the enjoyment of the forums and the game for the community.

I can understand how the ratings can influence your experience but feel reassured that it isn't such a reliable system quite as of now to judge your appreciation from others. However we will be looking into it and also the old ranking system, as it is important for active members of the community to feel recognized and that is something we also wish to promote, so thank you for bringing that up. smile

Score : 90

Thank you Bohemia for your contributions!  Sending love!

3 -21

I just wanted to thank you all for your views and opinions.

This thread was made to raise awareness of the fact that the actual system for “forum rating system” either has a bug, or it has a bad algorithm. 
Friends of mine from my alliance have done a little research and have seen than even really old posts, from 2010, reporting bugs, got “dislike”s.

It is not that it bothers me, but think of a player who doesn't come often on forums, or is a new player and gets on forums for the first time. If s/he asks something on forums in a thread, or if s/he's looking for solutions for his/her ig issues, then that player might not take that seriously someone with a low forums score or with a negative one, assuming it is just a forums troll.

And yes, I do miss the old titles we used to have on the old forums, they were cute.

Special thanks to, in the order of their apparition on this thread:
- [Sabi], for passing by this thread and appreciation words, and also for bringing the actual forums rating system issue in front of the people who have designed it; like I said, as it is now, it is quite the opposite than a real indicator of how constructive or viral someone is on forums: it is way too easy and it takes relatively too little time to downsize or inflate someone's forums rating;
- DIXIE-BLITZY – for the warm words.

Thank you all, again.

I hope everyone had great a great holiday last weekend, surrounded by friends and family.
And happy holidays, for those who will celebrate them at the end of this week, like me.

9 -26
Score : 3501

Hi Bohemia, I know this thread is a little old now but I understand your struggles.

On the French board, I have been targeted, as have several other posters. Somebody went through all 57 pages of posts I had made (dating years back) and disliked every one of them to drop my score from 4000 to -10500.

AFAIK the only way to get your score back up is to use an alt account to reupvote your older posts.

Even if you don't speak French, the manipulation in these threads for example is pretty obvious.
https://www.dofus.com/fr/forum/1601-divers/2246947-ava-belle-fusion?page=2
https://www.dofus.com/fr/forum/1028-sujets-fermes/2269762-mise-point-chips-reste-pandore-ava-confrontation-haine-insultes-faq?page=1

2 -6

Thanks, chaoman, for confirming once again that at the way the "forum rating" works, it doesn't reflect at all someone's contribution to the forums and the community, nor if the forumer is an alright person or just someone toxic.
I hope the "forum ranking" system will be review soon and will have new algorithms, to truly reflect someone's contribution to the well being of the community, etc.
Also, like I said before, I do miss a lot the old "ranks" we used to have on the old forums, I wish so badly they come back ...

PS: I thought I was special and the only one being targeted like that in all Dofus history ... sleep
You ruined that dream of glory for me ... sleep

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

Naaaaaa ... I wasn't feeling special cuz of that. Quite the contrary ...
But I felt like joking about feeling special about it. tongue
12 -14

No worries Bohemia. In about 5 minutes I changed your score from -2311 to -1160 by just reversing some of your downvotes.

Somebody has downvoted you on topics dating back to March 2010. Sometimes with two accounts, but mostly with just the one.

6 -13
March 2010? That's like 8 years ago? WOW ! ph34r *speechless* ph34r

Thanks for reversing some of the downvotes.
Also thanks for proving how easy it is to inflate or to lower someone's "forum rating".
It was said the "forum rating" system might be reviewed, I hope it becomes more realistic soonish and reflects the real contribution or non/negative-"contrition" of players to forums. That, or just make it the easiest way, like it was before: ranks based on number of posts, since it would probably be a lot of work for Mods to review all/ great percentage of down and up votes.
And pls pls pls add old ranks names. Even re-branded, renamed, etc. I miss them a lot. 
6 -8
Score : 6112

The old ranks were cool! But they may be lost forever. The old forum was a hybrid of a very old version of Invision Power Board and a bunch of add-ons from Ankama, so it supported custom forum ranks based on post count. The current ranking system seems to be a blend of what a lot of other MMOs are doing with upvotes, while maintaining the traditional forum system that folks are used to. Ankama seems to be stuck between deciding to go with a Reddit-esque upvote style of community or an IPB/phpBB hybrid like before.

2 -6
Score : 375

so the like/dislike system is getting abused

1 -8
Score : 6554

I don't think dislike systems should even be a thing, anyway. It creates too much negativity in the community. I'd suggest only having upvoting. Also, adding a dislike system only asks for abuse unless people are required to give reasons for it and moderators are watching every dislike to try to judge validity. 

4 -5

Having a "only upvoting system" can also be abuse by multi-accounting forumer to make himself seem valid.

0 -9
Score : 13416

-X-Ashley-X-|2018-04-25 08:45:59
That's definitely true. But I feel like that form of abuse is less damaging than the abuse from the downvoting system.. 

Neither the current nor an upvote only system being abused is damaging to the system*. Downvotes and upvotes are literally worthless. This isn't Reddit where posts initial post visibility is dictated by them. I'm all for getting rid of them entirely, but to call their abuse damaging is a little disingenuous.

*People might find it cold for me to ignore the human element here, but handling the human element should never be an entirely technical solution, but a human solution (i.e. moderation)

Edit (clarifying):

The purpose of a thumbs up/down here is for people to show agreement/disagreement with something, even if they don't necessarily have more to add personally. A thumbs up only just creates a false perception of the overall agreement which isn't necessarily accurate. Either keep it as is, and deal with the abuses of the system through moderation, or remove it entirely, and accept that many people will then want to respond with simple agreement or disagreement statements like "no", or "yes please", Keeping it partially isn't useful.
2 -7
Score : 6554

I do think the system would be fine if it were used as intended. The biggest issue is that it's not used as intended here, and that makes it especially damaging (and by that I mean causing negative emotions, even if it is logically meaningless).

2 -6

I just wanted to thank everyone for your feedback in this thread, as it will help us to find a proper system or solution to improve the visibility of your reactions to posts and threads.

Hello, I've hidden my post history on the forums, yet when I was away for a week I came back to find myself sitting at -14200 on the French forums.

It all stems from this thread - https://www.dofus.com/fr/forum/1601-divers/2246947-ava-belle-fusion?page=2

However there is seemingly nothing I can do about it.

1 -5

There isn't anything you can do personally to "fix" it. As others have stated, the ranking system is purely aesthetic. A poor ranking on your profile or posts will not impact you or your posts in any tangible way.

Ankama's community team is aware of users' input on the new forum software and the post liking system.

Score : -29

[MOD]Fiora|2018-05-02 19:51:26
There isn't anything you can do personally to "fix" it. As others have stated, the ranking system is purely aesthetic. A poor ranking on your profile or posts will not impact you or your posts in any tangible way.

Ankama's community team is aware of users' input on the new forum software and the post liking system.

Sorry but that's bullshit. Current scores displayed below the profile picture and on the posts themselves do influence the nature and amount of the following votes and the frequency and the content of the future posts. It does impact the person and it makes absolutely no sense to pretend the opposite. See how OP has posted this very thread to talk about the matter ? That's OP being impacted by it. See all those people posting on the forums ? Know about those who don't or have quit doing it ? Votes scores do matter in this. Don't believe that I'm being rude, but pretending that a somewhat stylized piece of data reflecting what is expectedly perceived as a socio-intellectual status symbol that's designed this way and designed to be seen and known about has no tangible impact on those very people that are expected to see and know about it is plain retarded, unless maybe you play the dumb card and "abuse" the meaning of "tangible". Everything has an impact on everyone; votes scores do impact the users, their emotions, their behavior, their actions.
4 -10

They don't..... See my forum score? I am probably the most irritating forumer in this forum yet I have high forum score. If you follow this forum long enough, you would also know that veteran forumers like me don't care about forum scores, it does not reflect any tangible data on the forumer's significance. They will only impact users if they want to be impacted by it. Veteran forumers don't care.

2 -12
Respond to this thread