FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Rant about achievments, quests, economy, professions.

By fore-shotz - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - April 29, 2018, 17:03:03

Hey to everyone who is going to read this thread. I've been long time dofus player, but I miss old dofus where there was way more grind nowadays achievments ruined all the grind.

Achievments.Now with achievments people can gather resources so easily and there's no point of grinding dungeons like we used to before.I think achievments give way too much resources and its hurting the economy so much there is way too much resources entering market.People with 8 char teams can grind through high lvl dungeons and get ton of resources and this destroys the grind which was before and the economy aswell, also talking about economy there is no way of items going off from game.You maybe think what do I mean by this, well there is no death mechanic or something like that where you can loose items so theoretically there can be infinity items in game w/o any loss of them.

Quests. Also this game have alot of  quests, but most of them are useless. Tons of quests but there almost none usage of them. I think there should be quest requirements to access alot of zones, dungeons it would make game more fun since you would have to do some sort of story line before entering high lvl dungeon, areas.

Another thing I dislike about the game is power creep.This game is power creeping sooo much with every new update and I hate it so much. There is way too many new items comming in into game and it's hard to catch up with them all. Well my last aspect what triggers me the most is professions.

Professions - are way to easy to level up if you got nice amount of cash stack you can get almost all professions maxed in few hours. Xp table should be changed. Well thats my rant about dofus which ruined my gaming experience.Hope developers can take a look at this think about solutions

2 -3
Reactions 9
Score : 83

I agree on toning down achievement boss resources reward

0 0
Score : 6118

I disagree on the achievements. The 200 content is painful enough to complete as it is; the last thing we should have to do is grind it...

I do miss the old dofus, but the old dofus content was much easier as well and so grinding was less of an issue. 

I disagree on professions too. You suggest making it harder so it's harder for people with massive stacks of cash without considering the effect on people without huge stacks of cash. 

0 0
Score : 271

lvl 200content is painful but achievments still give way too much resources.. And professions xp table should be changed since now if you got any crafting profession you only need one item per level ( if you are crafting items of your max lvl) p

0 0
Score : 585

fore-shotz|2018-04-30 13:23:59
And professions xp table should be changed since now if you got any crafting profession you only need one item per level ( if you are crafting items of your max lvl)

Yeah, which is good. I remember people grinding piwi-mats for lvling up tailor like madmen. That just wasn't right. There are still people playing on their own, even people coming in as totally newbies, and for them it's perfect. Of course, if you pump all your real cash money in selling ogrines to be able to buy mats at low lvl, or if you multiaccount 4+ acounts it's way easier. That was always the case and will always be, as it's not the way an mmorpg should be played.

The Achievements are pretty good to be honest, as you can only get the items for one char on the whole account. Of course you get way more as a multiaccounter, but that's not the way an mmorpg is meant to be played.

The quests in Dofus are sometimes pretty infuriating, but I like them. You always get xp and kamas, plus items and mats from time to time. The quests are fine by me, but that's really just personal preference.

The power creeping is a problem, though. I like the diversity all the items in the game give, but man, it was easier when you knew to just hold on to your set for 40lvl and then just change to the next one. So I totally can agree with that.

I really only hear complaints like these from the multiaccount servers. The monoaccountserver is fine for the time being, of course everything will crash in a few years, but that's the same everywhere you look. Multiaccounting is bad for an mmorpg and will always influent things like economy in a way it shouldn't. That's just the way it is.
0 0

Yep, quests are fine, but I think they should add quests as requirements to enter certain dungeons, areas so there would be less multi accounters.I wish they could do something to stop multiaccounting.

0 0
Score : 25911

fore-shotz|2018-04-30 15:09:43
I wish they could do something to stop multiaccounting.

They did, it is called mono-account server.
3 0

yeah ok, still would like to get quests as requirements to enter dungeons,areas idk why game seems boring to me when almost everything is unlocked and you can do any dungeon w/o any story behind.

0 0
Score : 306

I would just like to point out that your first point is that " I think achievements give way too much resources and its hurting the economy so much there is way too much resources entering market " and your third point is that " There is way too many new items comming in into game and it's hard to catch up with them all ". Which is it? Too hard or Too easy? If you want to grind and do quests to unlock things go play ANY OTHER mmo. I like dofus because I dont have to do the same thing over and over for month or even years to do anything. It's so annoying on mmo's when you spend months leveling a character and many more months grinding gear and/or rep just to realize you do not like that class and have to start at the VERY BEGINNING. At least with dofus if I've done all the work on one character all the others after are much easier to progress. Go on any other mmo forum and you'll see "there is too much grinding please make so and so easier" yet on dofus all I have seen for years is "there isn't enough grinding, I like doing useless and mind-numbing things". It doesn't matter what a gaming company does there will be people like you crying because either there is too much grinding or not enough.

0 0
Respond to this thread