By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Breeding Mounts

By [lichen] - ANKAMA - June 04, 2018, 16:00:00
Reactions 85
Score : 1112

Weren't the kama rewards from dopple quests removed earlier? Those quests become kind of useless if you remove the doploon reward for them aswell...

I'm not sure on whether or not this counts for everyone or not but breeding is not 'easy'. There's to be a lot of time and effort to be put into preparing the mounts an the breeding items and the paddocks. I still don't understand how people managed to make money out of it using private paddocks, unless the difference is THAT big with public paddocks, but that aside.

Also, I really dislike the "you must pvp before you can get pebbles, or you buy them" idea. However I like the potentially increased price of kolossokens (for a short period of time).

There are quite a couple people who find breeding boring or too difficult or too time consuming. I doubt they're going to change their minds reading this. There are some harsh restrictions here...

Yay for more expensive breeding items I guess??

0 0
Score : 1112

Also, what happens to accounts that have mounts spread over multiple characters? They're screwed?

1 0
Score : 3003

What will happen to the doploons  that we have now? 

0 0
Score : 37

What do new players do early in DOFUS.
It is to earn experience value while getting status scroll with Dopple.
To eliminate this
It will make it difficult to scroll status on your own.

It takes half a year to fully scroll with Dopple.
It costs 20mkk now if you buy it at the market.
It will be even more expensive after update.
It is not easy for new players to earn this much kamas in the game.

2 0
Score : 1867

Buuuhhhhh, unrequested and sloppy update. Just fix things and leave the rest alone, do some more marketing outside france, and you have an autowin, any other thing is smoke in the eyes and kicks in the shinbones.

0 0
Score : 4363

This is a mistake, putting such harsh restrictions on breeding will only serve to make it less enjoyable and will just harm the people that go about it in a more casual way. This is an example of where a small tweak is necessary rather than all of these drastic changes all at once.

Why not start by limiting the number of matings and then after time if you think the results are still not where they need to be, introduce the other changes gradually. People can deal with gradual changes better than all of this drastic stuff.

1 0

Hey everyone, 

I have been collecting your comments since this thread was published since last night, and presented them internally today.
As some of you mentioned, a lot of the comments brought forward by our community have also been brought up by the FR community. 

Due to the feedback received on the breeding changes, we (the Dofus CM Team) want to do our best and cover as many questions as possible; as such, we have presented the most frequently asked questions today to the dev team, based on your comments of the last 24 hours. Such questions are listed below.

A live stream will take place today (https://www.twitch.tv/ankamalive) at 6pm CEST to discuss the update. I will be on twitch chat to answers EN questions the best I can. I hope to see you there. 

2.47 Breeding Changes - FAQ

Will there be new breeding achievements with the arrival of the new mount species?
Yes, there will be new achievements related to the generations, but there won’t be achievement linked to the capture of the new mounts.

Since the doploons will no longer be obtainable via dopples, will they be renamed?
We have not found a satisfactory new name yet, but we are studying the issue. Their name will not be changed in the upcoming 2.47 update.

I used a GPS potion on my mount, but considering the new statistics, I wish to change  my mount. is there a way (for example, an NPC) to retrieve said potion to be used again on a different mount?At present, we have no plans to implement a functionality in-game that would separate a mount from a GPS potion.

Will the new mounts be converted into a specific resource, in the same way already existing mounts can be converted to scrolls and pearls?
The new mount will be exchangeable for a resource, which will be used in recipes for new equipment.

Would it be possible to add a paddock in our haven-bag?
This is not currently planned.

Would not it be better to spread these changes over time so that the community has time to adapt to these changes?
We do not think it is relevant to implement these changes over time.

Will these changes not encourage multi-account?
Multi-account players are already well ahead of the game, and we do not think these changes further enhance the practice of multi-account.

What will happen to the pebbles from the doplons, for those who still have them? And what of the indirect effect on treasure hunts?
The pebbles can be consumed as normal until the update. Once the update is live, if you are still in possession of some pebbles, you will be able to recycle them into nuggets. Pebbles from doploons will no longer be available from Rhia NPC.

With the new reproduction limit, what will happen to mounts already reproduced but not yet sterile?
A mount that has more than 5+ reproductions still available in 2.46, will have 5 reproductions available in 2.47. Some examples:reproductions available in 2.46 -> reproductions available in 2.47
  •  19/20 -> 5/5
  •  16/20 -> 5/5
  •  5/20 -> 5/5
  •  1/20 -> 1/5

Will the achievements “And Push!” (1000 births) and “Matchmaker” (1000 matings) be modified?
Presently we do not plan to modify these achievements.

Will mounts’ gestation times be reduced?
We have no intention to change the gestation period of mounts.

I have multiple characters that breed, all under the same account, and each with a “complete” set of Dragoturkey breeding pairs. What will happen to them?
Once the update is deployed, the shed limit can be exceeded. You will have the possibility to remove mounts; you just won’t be able to add any to your shed as long as the limit is exceeded.
Score : 25

I cannot believe these changes... It looks like Ankama wants to solve all the problems they believe are present in the game with this update. Can you please give us the information on the percent of active players that spend their time breeding mounts? I wouldn't say it's a significant number. I haven't read the discussions prior to this news but I just had to write a comment that is based only on my personal experience. I honestly don't understand what you are trying to do to this game. I've played Dofus for 10 years with basically no breaks and I feel like you want to make the players quit. Most of my longtime friends did indeed quit due to the changes over years. On topic, I guess I can call myself a breeder even though the amount of kamas I earned this way in negligible in comparison to the income from other activities. Previous big updates were basically making everything in Dofus a lot easier to achieve (e.g. leveling of characters and professions) and the upcoming breeding update is exactly the opposite. It's like you want to turn breeding into a nightmare. I haven't been breeding dragoturkeys for years now because I'm wasting all my free time on trying to accomplish seemyool generations achievments on my very first out of many characters. This has been extremely hard for me when compared to dt achievements (I'm doing it by myself with some help from the market). The frustrating restrictions are the main reason the number of seemyools is sky-high (one cannot simply get the desired mount). Rather, dozens of unwanted worthless mounts are obtained. It would make more sense to me if the number of paddock slots was increased. Also, I have many untrained chameleon dts in the sheds that I don't want to exchange for scrolls. I don’t think removing the items from public paddocks is a good idea. Overall, the only outcome I expect after this update is implemented is the decrease of breeders.

3 -1
Score : 32

The development team is not at all interested in the opinion of stable players. Do you want us to leave? Why do you ask the players? What would be to ignore our opinion?

2 0

We definitely do not wish to ignore any of the community's opinions and are working hard to pass them on to the team, we hope to still get more answers to any pending questions and allow for a better back and forth communication.

While I am new to breeding myself, since I only joined the team not so long ago, Manaia is also doing her best to be a voice for the community, and we want to make things more comfortable for everyone, so please bare with us while more information comes.

Score : 379
This was an official reply on 30th May in the thread "Discussion 2.47 breeding changes":

"
A mount which has x reproductions left on 2.46 will have x (with a maximum of 5) reproductions available in 2.47. Here are some examples (transition from 2.46 available reproductions to 2.47 reproductions):
  • 1/20 -> 0/5
  • 19/20 -> 4/5
  • 16/20 -> 1/5
  • 5/20 -> 0/5

This method shouldn't hurt any breeder who didn't have time to prepare for the 2.47 release. "

And this is the reply we were just given:

"With the new reproduction limit, what will happen to mounts already reproduced but not yet sterile?
A mount that has more than 5+ reproductions still available in 2.46, will have 5 reproductions available in 2.47. Some examples:reproductions available in 2.46 -> reproductions available in 2.47
  •  19/20 -> 5/5
  •  16/20 -> 5/5
  •  5/20 -> 5/5
  •  1/20 -> 1/5"

Are the last figures incorrect? They don't even match up to the description of mounts with 5+ available reproductions in 2.46 having 5 reproductions available in 2.47. We want clarity, not changing figures at the last minute.

Edit: The format for the second post is "Matings Left/Total Matings", so it does make sense. It's just presented terribly. 
2 0
Score : 566

Update: as seen in the stream all pebbles are removed and no new ones are added to the vendor in the Treasure Chest (Treasure hunting HQ). What this means is: sell your roses now or watch their value dwindle to 10k/ea because their only reasonable outlet is going to be tourmalines now. UNLESS tourmalines are added to some recipes, i think treasure hunting is going to get hit by an extinction meteor which is this update.

About mounts: They are buffed significantly, like ebony gives 300 vit and 100 agi which is nice, didn't get to see eme/ginger etc.
New mount is a scaraleaf looking thing with a horn.

0 0
Score : 18

will Astrub paddock be accessible by F2P players? 

1 0
Score : 4363

Thank you Manaia and Sabi for presenting our feedback to the devs.

I have to echo poguglish's sentiment from their post above. It's a shame that rather than being open to feedback from players, the devs just seem to be going on the defensive and insisting that this is the right approach when all it will do is make players quit.

1 0
Score : 17

I think removing doploons form dopples is a terrible idea I have been grinding dopples daily on 5 characters to get all the scrolls it has been taking forever, how am I supposed to continue my scroll gain if it goes, are you going to be adding in daily bounties or are we just getting screwed, why cant you just increase doploon gain to stop people having to spend so long at it or add more ways to get them, after all a character that have all stats scrolled to 100 will be stronger than those who don't and thus loose out on it

1 0
Score : 32

Ankama, you are buffing older players who have reached 'endgame' potential and are breaking the kneecaps of any new players or old players trying to come back into the game. Doploons removed poses a threat to new players, they cannot scroll and the levelling system alone is just harsh. It is understandable that Dofus is a grind-based game, but you have too much high level content and too little low level.

Breeding system was already a pain, and this has made it more so. I personally did not even bother, I tried for the eme quest and whatnot, managed to get a decent dt and moved on from that scene, but I do know there is a large chunk of the community that thrives on breeding and you are essentially shutting them down.

So you are taking kamas away from mid-to-high-level people, and taking scrolls and doploons away from low-level people, and are offering nothing in return. I understand that this might just be fear of change talking, but the information you have given us, shows us a lot of taking away/nerfing and no buffing in return anywhere, do take a moment and actually reach out to the community.

We are the consumer, we might not know what your goal is, but we do know that the game is losing popularity due to miscommunication, so just give us any indication that you care about our unhappiness when it comes to changes such as these. The game is reaching a point where the grinding is not fun anymore, because there is no end to the tunnel.

2 0
Score : 26

Terrible changes. The worst of the lot is definitely getting rid of dopploon rewards from dopples. Dopples will be useless now and it will be much more difficult to scroll characters. I'm also very personally upset about getting rid of the mp bonus on dragoturkeys. I put a lot of money and effort into getting the perfect dragoturkey for my needs, and unless it is buffed tremendously after the mp is taken away, that will all be wasted. A very unneeded change, especially since only the tenth generation of dragoturkeys have the mp bonus. I don't want to have to use a seemyool for mp bonus and lose out on the other bonuses dragoturkeys give as a result.

3 -1
Score : 159

You will be can still buy scrools with your doploons, but gaining new doploons will practically require opening new account and doing bounty quests with them. There will be no other way to gain new doploons.

0 0
Score : 159

Why you hate new players so much?
Did they something very bad to you, or are you hate them just because they are new .....
This change only head-shoting the new players, that's all.

1 0
Score : 113

This is the worst update you could offer us. You will lose a lot of stable players.

2 0
Score : -5844

Good afternoon.

I have more issues/ questions to address, regarding the changes that will be made to the breeding system, but I'll write about it in more detail later/ some other day, when I get some free time, maybe.
For now:

1) What will happen with an account that has various characters with 250 mounts in shed each, or which have a total of mounts in sheds per account over 250 total?

2) What will happen with mounts already existent, more precisely, with the number of possible future breedings: if the mount has zero breedings till the update, and if the mount has 5 or exceeds 5 breedings?

3) I think that making the camo feature random and taking it away from shop is a bad change, and unjust for the breeders who have worked hard to breed camo mounts. This feature should remain as it is now, and not be totally random.

4) The difference between bonuses gained in public and private padocks should maybe be greater, since owing a padock involves an investment in it, and also some "maintenance": if one doesn't visit padock (or doesn't log) for too long, the padock is lost, and most of time, if not all the time, going to a padock means going to a p2p area which means having an active subscription.

5) Reducing the max amount of breedings to 5 is more than excessive. Even 10 max would be a bit low, but I bet many could live with it, while 5 is almost a joke, pretty discouraging for a breeder.

6) With so many highly restrictive changes to the breeding system, how about introducing something that could be considered as a compensation token: making it easier to level a mount to lev 5, or removing the necessity for a mount to have lev 5 to be able to mate.

7) I do hope that the mount bonus balancing won't mean a super radical and dramatic change of their bonuses; that will be a hard blow to breeders, if it would happen. Some additional info on it would be great, before the balancing is introduced.

8) I don't breed seemys yet, fact is, I haven't breeded much lately, but if I am not wrong, seemy breeders aren't happy with the fact that you can't get much reward/ s from exchanging the seemys, when they get to be too many, especially with unwanted traits.
So, how about making it possible to get characteristic scrolls for all 3 kinds of mounts? Just a scroll (or smaller number) per dragoturkey exchanged, then 2 scrolls (or a medium amount) for seemy exchanged, and 3 scrolls (or a bigger number) for the new species of mount?

2 -3
Score : 48

For 8) i have an idea, i think trading all mounts into a special kind of jetons would be a great idea. The Jetons should be tradable for scrolls. The balancing between seemyols, dragos and scaras for jetons shouldnt be that difficult.

1 0
Score : 180

Could we have a 1 slot paddock in our havenbag (via ogrines or not) so we can change mounts on the go?

That way people would want to have more mounts and it'd be less of a pain when you level your mounts to breed them.

1 0
Score : 3003

This! 

0 0
Respond to this thread