FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Is this game still worth playing?

By NoTime2Bleed - SUBSCRIBER - June 22, 2018, 16:55:20

Ive loved this game on and off for many years now. What im wondering now is, is it still worth investing time into? There seems to be less players on now and less servers? I dont wanna return back if its dead ya know.. just a worrier any information regarding player count and activity is welcome i only have 2 servers i can join one does say high pop so thats a good thing right? Alots changed 

0 0
Reactions 23
Score : 3008

This is exactly what I am wondering too. I have always "quit" a few months before summer, because of the game getting boring after months of playing, and because of work. 

And usually I come back around the summer time/update (now), but this year, I feel like it's not worth it. Something about the game doesn't feel right, too many people have quit, and the updates are the worst. 

0 0
Score : 178

In short no.
From what I'm seeing, Echo's population has to be at an all-time low. I've heard it's the same for other servers.
The markets are atrocious. When you have maged items put up at the same price or lower than what it would cost to make and they still take ages to sell? Problem. When you have exos being sold for 10-12m? Problem. 
The devs seem to ignore player input which is fustrating and a contribution to why the servers are 'empty'.
I would always try and get my friends to try this game/ come back to it but these days I don't mention Dofus at all. 

1 0
Score : 662

but i dont want it to die :'( ill buy a shorter sub and see how it goes i think as ive already invested 5 years or so.. maybe there is a guild out there filled with good people ready to play with who knows.

0 0
Score : 2068

i would say yes, theres still content to do but other than that i think the fun and it being stable is gone, what i mean is we come back to a different game than the one we left and we quit again then come back to another game, aside from that the community has changed i for one am pro for lower levels being able to pvp and enjoy content, i think level 50 is where the game is fun(some willing to endure leveling) at this point you know theres still content, but at higher levels you feel some doors are too easy and some are closed because of boss fight class requirements and how hard it is.

how about explore international servers where else is there to go after france?
i also don't want to invest in other ankama level up games because ive invested too much in dofus.
maybe scaling dungeons like in wakfu? i have a feeling "successor" is really the right term for wakfu

0 0

i got a level 200 and a 199 on seperate accounts yea so doors are closed because i dont have a 4man team geared at 200.. but isnt there single account servers now? so wouldnt people be teaming up for those dungeons now? because i have 200 eni with gear it wouldnt be impossible would it?

0 0
Score : -4474

I have some nice people in my guild who came back to game, and most of them re-started with playing the game from zero (you get the x2, x3  XP if you got more than a char on a same server).

One person who seems to have a lot of fun is doing questing often and reading the game story, saying he never did that before and now he is finding out a lot about the Dofus story.
Another person is working hard, more on leveling his characters and making kamas for the gear at the same time.
These two have 3 - 4 characters tho, to be able to do content even on their own.
They are also some people with 1 - 2 accounts only, but their game progression and income are slower/ smaller.

What I see different from the old golden times when I started to play, and they used to be endless lines of players in front of Gob or Scara dung willing to team up with you and help you, when guildies would help individuals from own guild to farm sets together and would donate mats from said farming for free, when making kamas one way or another was ensuring a stable income (lower or bigger, depending on method, etc), is that now, unless you have really good friends/ guildies, or a really good team, you might have to pay in kamas (and not few) for help to dungs achievements, hard quest fights, etc, and that economy is kindof at its worse, items that are worth, let's say, 2 - 4 m, halve their value in market in matter of a few months only, not only because of new game content, but also because of low demand, which makes some who want the kamas for their items really quick drop their prices in markets a lot, forcing you to drop your prices too.

So, in conclusion, my advice would be to give it a try, for sometime, especially if you liked this game in the past and seem to still like and miss it. But try to get into a nice helping guild, and having 2 - 4 chars of your own would help a lot for your game progression and experience.
Either get a 1 - 3 months sub for your 2 (maybe 1 - 2 more ) accounts and give it a try, or try the Dracolyte pack (5 Euro = 20 days of sub + a vanity item, a hyper cute lil red drago to use it as skin of your pets).
If you're into collecting haven bag themes like me tho, then you need 1 full year sub bought at once per account, to get the Crypt haven bag theme, which will only be available for a few more days, I guess, till the update. That, or wait a few more days till new sub packs came out with the new update, if you're not convinced by the sub rewards from the current options.
And if you decide to make a 3rd - 4th account, don't forget to make your main account/ s "recommend" the game to the new accounts, since now the account that has recommended the game via a link (that has been used by the new account o create a new account) gets a small % of cash purchases made by the refereed account/ s, I think.

By the way, this is for international servers (Echo, more precisely).
I haven't played on the mono account servers, but my friends who gave them a try and were hyper enthusiastic when those mono servers opened seem to have came back to playing on Echo.

1 -1

Ah ok thankyou for tge response dude

0 0
Score : 25826

Is there any other online tactics game that is better than Dofus?

0 -3
Score : 618

No it is not. Dofus is an excellent example of wasting a huge potential. The game has two sides; MMO and strategy based fights -I think it is called RTS or sth like that. Anyways the thing is, Ankama tried to keep the both sides working. New contents and concepts for MMO part; singleacc servers etc. And on the strategy-pvp side, they created the kolossium, held tournaments and so on. What they don't realize is MMO, as a genre, is not too popular as it used to be and it is definitely not compatible with PVP. Singleacc servers were a disappointment for English-speakers and there is no way you can start playing with a single acc on Echo. On the sweet sweet pvp side, and to me it is THE best pvp game I have ever played, there are huge imbalances. I don't know the current situation but the last time I played it was a complete sh*tshow. These imbalances seem to stem from the MMO part. 

Now let me humbly tell you a new game idea: Dofus PVP
-Every class is there, finely balanced for pvp.
-There are no items, no exo's, no "grinding" stuff.
-Only and only strategy matters, with a little bit of RNG.
So it looks like Hearthstone, simple, straightforward and appealing. 

*There used to be a game called Dofus Arena, somewhat similar to what I described above, no idea what happened to it.

1 0
Score : 25826

What happened to Dofus Arena? Not enough gamers played it. 
Your new game idea is not new because it is Dofus Arena and there are not enough players interested in it.

Tactics games has a very niche playerbase and only a small percent of that already small playerbase are PvPers, so it would be very hard for Dofus to increase revenue from PvP. Dofus was supposed to be a PvP game when it was started with a small PvM on the sides. But it was the PvM side that players patronized.

Tactics as a genre is not an exciting genre for PvP much more as an E-Sport. It is a thinking genre, where your brain do all the work, where you won't get that exhilarating heart-pumping adrenalin moments from most mainstream PvP genre. It is like a chess game. Have you ever seen a chess game with viewers shouting and jumping with excitement with every chess piece move? 

Ankama do have a very good PvP card game called "Krosmaga" and currently developing a new next gen game Dofus Cube (now renamed to Wakfu Heroes), that seems to be a PvP game.

Edit: I just remembered that there is also the PvP game of Krosmaster Arena.

0 -2

i like the idea of dofus arena returning i think the question should be raised was it known to the majority of dofus players at the time, and how many of the same people played for weeks/months at a time, there may be more to this than we currently know

0 0
Score : 3008

The best solution would be to drop these small ideas and focus on dofus.. Instead of releasing a new dead game/mode each year 

1 0

how many are able to play those game modes? and do they appeal to the wider audience is the question

0 0
Score : 4378

Honestly, it really is what you make of it. Having multiple accounts is fun and lets you do things but getting to a place where all your characters are set up is a lot of work. But the best part of dofus always has been who you play the game with. 

I won't make generalizations about Echo as a whole but in my personal experience, it took a little bit of cajoling and work to get a steady group of people playing together but once you get it started it really does kick off and really improves the experience. 

1 0
Score : 2852

I am still trying to find an answer to that exact question.
Keep it coming guys.

0 0
Score : 4435

People who say you can't play on Echo as a solo-accounter make me kek

git gud

0 -4

thanks for the replies guys biggrin im still looking into it as Bluskies said its alot of investment and my time is worth alot to me.

0 0
Score : 442

I think there's so much choice out there now which is why the player base will leave and then return years later. I think It's true in a sense that at higher levels, it does become quite tedious and repetitive, but that price comes with most games. The truth is that there are very few games like Dofus around.
Players who enjoyed the FF Tactics games and Disgea games, will love this style of play.
Me myself, i have taken a long break from the game. I was getting frustrated with it because i felt as though progress has stopped. I managed to reach a high level(194) and I'm still in full MooWolf set. 
New sets are very expensive in the game, and the only way i could see myself gaining those sets is to purchase Orgines with real money and sell them for Kamas, which is something i don't want to do.
There is a lot of content though, and membership is relatively cheap to purchase, but with so much choice and options out there now, It's going to be really difficult to keep me as an ongoing player.

2 0
Score : 136

leveling has become to easy in the game due to achievements, challs and idols.  Thanks to this i feel like there is no progression.  People tend to get to 50 then leech to higher levels at frigost and get a semi end-game set, instead of slowly progressing through levels and grinding gear/kamas at the same time.  Treasure hunts have also changed the game massively.  Why would i bother to hunt for any drops if i can do 2-3 treasure hunters, sell my rose of sands, and just buy the gear i wanted???

so imo the game has become to easy.

i have no idea if anyone else is annoyed by this or just me but i still love the game and suggest you to begin to play again and try a solo server.  Its what i'm currently playing on and has made the game a lot more enjoyable to me.

2 0

Thankyou for your input dude biggrin yea im thinking of trying a solo server just because i want to group with others and i feel thatll happen more often on those servers right? but i guess the downside is if people arent on in the guild or general chat you have to run solo. right now i have an eni at 200 and an iop at 199 for a duo team, im thinking of changing the eni to cra though never played them and ive heard there pretty good solo aswell as in groups, i can always go back i guess ill have my eni set still.

0 0
Score : 401

I stay to be with friends that have been groaning about the same thing over and over. Horrid support,  being treated like 3rd class citizens as far as the Devs go, glitches that take months to fix, nerfs, nerfs, then more nerfs, etc, etc,. None of these developers have the slightest idea how to run a business, and seem to like it that way.

PS: Now await with bated breath as glitch upon glitch arises to make playing  a study in catastrophe  whilest people who do not play the game bungle their way to make things worse.

2 0
Score : 401

LMAO!!! Took 2 minute before they had to shut us down again!!!!!

0 0
Respond to this thread