FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Do you remember when?

By RMT - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - September 02, 2018, 03:28:13

For all us old timers, let's play a game with a trip down memory lane.  "Do you remember when?"  I'd like to recall all the things I forgot from the mid-2000s.  I'll start and add yours!

Do you remember when...
-Weapon skills were +60% base damage (IIRC?)?
-Xelors counter truly reflected damage that didn't damage you?
-Rambo was training on trolls day and night to get to 200?

Your turn!

0 0
Reactions 25
Score : 472

Du you remember when you used to drop your weapon on your feet and skiped because of the pain? biggrin

3 0
Score : 12

Do you remember when PvP used to be more interesting? You hunting down your prey and aggro them when you had the chance?

2 -5
Score : 7685

Do you remember when PvP used to be so irritating? You'd be minding your own business, picking flowers or rice, and someone and seven of their friends would attack you out of nowhere, and kill you over and over again?

8 -1
Score : 62

Do you remember when ecaflips were actually based on luck?

2 0
Score : -207

Remember the time when Astrub gates are packed with PvPers?
Remember the time when Chafer hole are full of f2ps trying to be the first to attack the mobs?
Remember the time when it is so hard to find subscription sellers when there are a lot of seller/buyer who are scammers?

2 0
Score : -1226

Do you remember when we were very young and completely poor late in 637?

My sweetheart and I were so in love ... But we had to struggle hard for days to earn the 30kk for his divorce before we could get married...

6 -4
Score : -1533

Do you remember:

- when you did dungeon runs and mobs farming with your guild and/ or friends, to farm mats needed for each from the guild/ friends group, with no charge for mats or time spent? cuz it was just awesome fun to be around your guildies and/ or friends?

- when you leveled at rats in sewers, or on rats dungeons? or when mobs at Cania were The Thing to level on?

- when you did and souled and re-did in arena countless Dragon Pig dungeons, for the blue crits Dofus?

- when they were tons of players in front of almost any dung, including Scara and Gob, and in matter of minutes you could find a group to do almost any dungeon?

- when players wanted to progress gradually and enjoy each level area and mobs, on a superb (re)search and conquer game (conquer knowledge, gain power to kill with team mates of similar level mobs of an area)?

- when they were not only far more players on almost all maps, but they also were more servers, all more or less flourishing?

- when there were no frigost and no idols? and getting to lev 200 was almost everyone's goal in game, even if that took years often ... but it was nice, it was like a never ending story;

- when you could grind cracklers for diamond stones for spell points scrolls?

- when friends used to ask you (to beg you even), if you weren't the pvp type, to take opposite alignment and let them win against you, for nicer wings?

8 0
Score : -28

Do you remember when Dofus used to be creative, team-based fun and interactive ? I mean like before these new developers took over and ruined the game.

2 -4
Score : 7685

What new developers?  Lichen is still in charge of development.

0 -2
Score : 501

Yes. To our dismay Lichen is STILL in charge of development.

2 -1
Score : 61

Do you remember all those hours of f2p fighting Crackrocks and the Bearman

2 0
Score : 640

Do you remember when skills looked and sounded waaay better?

1 0
Score : 2951

Do you remember when Characters had bonuses with certain weapons?
Do you remember when attacking with a CC weapon didn't bring Srams out of invisibility?
Do you remember when classes had roles instead of all being damage dealers?
Do you remember when people used to recruit to do dungeons instead of just doing them by themselves?
Do you remember the people buying resources for scrolling from new players so new players could earn money?
Do you remember when Enuturof had bonus prospecting?
Do you remember when Dark Miners in the mine cart system respawned instantaneously instead of having to fight 20 other people for fights?

You know,all these topics about the 'Good Old Days' should really tell Ankama that they are doing something wrong.

1 0
Score : -207

I don't think it is all 'Good Old Days'.

1 0
Score : 140

I REMEMBER WHEN... 
I REMEMBER I REMEMBER WHEN I LOOOST MY MIIIINNDDDD

0 0
Score : 17046

Remember when Rushu's server caught fire?

0 0
Score : 7815

And we invaded the French servers in protest?

0 0
Score : 7815

When dungeon bosses like Royal Tofu didn't have a dungeon and spawned in the south of Astrub, and how hilarious it was to see new players try and group up against it?

When losing to Soft Oak turned you into a Treechnid and defeating other players turned them into Treechnids?

When there was no Incarnum and the tutorial was like 5 rooms where you spend 20min beating the Arachnee just to get some easy xp before being dumped in the real map?

When there was no +5HP per level and a gobbal could kill you in 2-3 bites?

When AoN Ecas were king of Gobbal farming and everyone would pile into their fights to get a chance at dropping Gob set items?

When Felintion animation had the Eca doing backflips, and casting it over a open space had them spending the rest of the turn doing backflips all along the edge of the open space to the other side to hit the target?

When Iop's Wrath could critical fail?

When Punitive Arrow was low damage on a normal hit but on a crit could randomly hit insane high damage?

When Enis could go invisible with Wiping Word, and while there was no erosion you had to kill them before Word of Recovery was off cooldown or you would never win?

When Striking and Leek Pie were offensive options for Eni?

When everyone spent the first turn Leek Pie-ing the Sac to buff them into god-mode?

Camping a the house near Gobbal Corner to get the 12h-cooldown Arachnee spawn for the Summon Arachnee spell?

When everything in Sidimote was agro so most people just sided with Bonta instead of doing the walk through the valley of death?

And the big one - do you remember the 1.29 music?

0 0
Score : 1689

Do you guys remember when Cra's Explosive Arrow animation is like an arrow filled with explosive pouch at the tip of it? and wiggling  before explode on landing??

0 0
Score : 296

Do you guys remember when people were spamming walking from cell to cell to catch the freshly spawned skeleton mob in astrub? They had the same level all the time, and yet how exciting it was to face the mob.

1 0
Score : 45

do you remember when the astrub bank was the main location for selling and buying items?

1 0
Respond to this thread